Flashback Integration I-m'jek

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Flashback Integration I-m'jek

Post by sempai » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:34 am

This thread will serve as a discussion among players, and the GM regarding I-m'jek background (and only him) and flashback thread.

If at any time any Players, or the GM see any issues regarding the background of the character, the flashback thread or the live thread, that could cause issues with the "time continuum" we can discuss them here.

so your a lab mouse, experiment gone wrong... you have psionics, and alot of skills, feel free to start depicting background here.
Last edited by sempai on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Flashback Integration I-m'jek

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:01 am

ahhh it's a Nezumi hide your shiny things!!! :wink: :lol:
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:13 am

Creating gigantic animals? well that was no problem for the company. After years of experimenting with truely twisted combinations, they could now create any animal in any size they chose.

Cognition... and "advanced cognition" as it was known in R&D... that was trickier. I-m'jek spent the first period of his life living in a cage, much like other mice. Aside from his larger size, he appeared unremarkable until he began to understand language, and later, developed mental capabilities.

As I'm-jek's abilities advanced, the scientists became increasingly impressed. What was once merely a theoretical exercise in advanced (and profitable) science, was becoming something truely remarkable. Everything was going well in the lab until a scientist was found dead on the floor, apparently he had killed himself with a scalpel, while screaming loudly about not being a cheese, and begging people to take the mice off of him.

In the wake of what was seen as a hallucinogenic infection, I-m'jek and the other mice were threatened with extermination, until he was rescued by "Don", a scientist too soft-hearted to allow the wholesale destruction of the now intellegent mouse.
"This is 40k man. This ain't the Shire."- Tetnak

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:33 am

Quick question... how's you come up with the name I-m'jek? Mine is wolf in Japanese...

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:59 am

its a nezumi (ratling) name from L5R

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:36 pm

so you have started in the main thread, the scientist "don" worked for NRGBR and you were "developed" as an experiment and were scheduled for termination.

1.Either because he cared for you (implies a fatherly figure, and a warm personality for don)

2. he wanted to further his research, (implies a selfish personality for don)

3. or you manipulated him... he rescued you from the "company"(he is your psionic slave )

wich of these three do you prefer for your background?

We will start your "flashback thread" as soon as we get it ironed out.

I'm thinking one of these three scenarios as the opener.

1. your escaping from nrgbr (start with no equipment)
2. you've escaped, and they are hunting you (start with equipment)
3. You've been hidden for some time and Don is training you to use your powers stronger, possibly as a vigilante. (you can still get hunted by nrgbr.

Do you have any personal contacts? perhaps a friendly cop?

Developing your background story for the "flashback" requires your infomation as well!

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:05 am

I was going with the, he had a conscience (1) and didn't want to see intelligent life wiped away without a reason.

1. or 2. is fine with me.

I was also going to play the bourne-plothole card, and have abilities I suddenly remember from my dark days of training...

let me think a second on the personal contacts...

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:21 am

I figure NRGBR taught you your skills? perhapse they were "developing" you as a theif/infiltrator and decided to "dispatch" you for some reason. I suppose you could have your gear at the facility and Don would bring it to you. and your off... if you want go go the escape route.

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:49 am

I could swear that I already posted here, but apparently not...

I assume they did as well. He doesn't actually remember being taught the skills, but since he seems to have them, it stands to reason that he was taught.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:48 pm

ahh kind of a borne identity type of thing?