I-m'jek Chapter 1: Mouse in the House

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

I-m'jek Chapter 1: Mouse in the House

Post by sempai » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:55 am

In a Pittsburg suberb area there is a small comic book, gaming and figurine store. The store is called cleverly "Ruse Comics" as it is a place for young adults and children to come buy their comics, play "tragic the fathoming" and "dummy's and demons".

At night the ruse is complete, as takes on its true meeting. The owner "Don Demarco" sits in the basement, at his computer, in his labratory working on his life work, something important. The laboratory complete with a centrifuge, many chemicals and vials, blood samples of various people and beings, as well as locks of hair from the barber shop next door. There are large modles of DNA strands made from straws and rubber balls, there are multiple screens for many computers and Plexiglas "clean rooms".

Don could not make the appropriate money for his equipment alone, he had some help from his "assistant", friend, and master theif.

Don Claims his work will revolutionize mankind, and is very secretive of what he is attempting, even sparing I-m'jek from what it is he is attempting to do.

I-m'jek a small mutant mouse sits reading the latest copy of his favorite comic, eating his favorite food, relaxing, not terribly concerned with dons work.
ok the game is on, feel free to start role playing, what book are you reading what do you eat? feel free to annoy don, or leave him be here starts your flashback , this thread is for I-m'jek only!!!!

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Re: I-m'jek Chapter 1: Mouse in the House

Post by Soshi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:18 am

Like a suspicious piece of terrain, the copy of watchmen that I-m'jek has been reading moves, revealing the mouse. Without missing a beat, I'm-jek has pounced away from his current spot to be balanced precariously near Don's desk. With a practiced motion, I-m'jek steals Don's coffee, drinking it quickly...

What's up Don, trouble with your... Droid?
"This is 40k man. This ain't the Shire."- Tetnak

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Dr. Demarco looks out of the corner of his eye seeing the master theif once again steals his coffee. Don would try to stop him, but there is really no use with the small creatures abilities. "at least you could start another pot?"

Don Smirks at the small creatures babbling, "i'm working here I-m'Jek, besides" he raises his hand in a menacing manner his eyebrow raised, "these are not the droids your looking for" he says in an ominous voice. Don cracks a small smile, as he always did around the small humanoid mouse, perhapse that is why he saved him.

"I'm getting close, but I have another problem. I may have to send you out for 'something'" I-m'Jek smiles, knowing that he will once again be sent out to steal something that money cant buy.

I-m'jek looks to the clock on the wall, knowing that soon 'it' will arrive. Don doesn't like people around the store after hours, but the poor mouse has a strong addiction to triple cheese pizza, and the delivery boy will soon arrive.

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am

The best way to divert your enemy, is to make him think that he has already diverted the attack... Knowing Don's dislike of the delivery boy, I'm-jek prepares to make Don oblivious to anything else, by pestering him. Hopefully, after stopping I'm-jek's annoyance, Don refocus himself and become inert once more.

Moving away with Don's coffee, I'm-jek begins a series of 'fidgeting' activities, all of which involve a low key, but subtly annoying scratching sound.. Waiting for Don to 'banish' him from the lab...

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Don, having grown quite accustom to I-m'Jek and his pestering tries not to look to the mouse... but I-m'Jek knows that he is starting to get to don... the signs are there... he stops typing, his gaze is forward as he looks to his peripheral trying not to allow the mouse to see that his festering is bothering him.

He lasts another five minutes and as I-m'Jek starts to click his small fingernails on the coffee cup.

"ok ok thats enough... go upstairs and check on the store!!! And for god sakes do NOT go outside again without telling me!"

With that the mouse smiles gently, knowing the battle is over. He goes to the lab exit, punches in a security code and the door closes behind him. He heads up the stairs and emerges from the hidden trap door.

Don was very carful to hide the lab, any attention brought by building inspectors goes as far as the plumbing or the HVAC system. He purposely left the upper building with some minor maintenance issues, to keep eyes off of any hidden trap doors.

The small rodent slinks into the main comic room, takes a moment to browse a couple of his favorite issues, going as far as taking some of the originals out of the plastic, reading them, then carefully putting them back. no one needs to know He walks past the life size cut out of Boba Fett, and the large plastic 7' tall 'Sagat' from street fighter. He pulls up a chair near the window and throws his feet up on the table, almost looking as if he was in a hammock.

He turns the blinds slightly open waiting for the headlights to appear... the delivery boy knows to not knock, or get to close to the building (as Don has proximity sensors). The mouse pulls open the latest episode of Iron Man, wondering if he will enjoy it and starts reading.

Some time goes by and he hears a yelling voice from outside "Hey Punk what you got for us? huh!?" I-m'Jek looks out the window, seeing that the delivery boy parked on the opposite side of the road, and the small mouse did not see it approach.

It seems the pizza boy stood waiting for the "delivery" (as the mouse has a special way to trade the pizza for the money without showing himself to the boy)
feel free to describe your pizza trade method...
As he was waiting for his favorite customer, it seems 3 inner city kids spotted him and are attempting to hold him up, for money and possibly the pizza as well.

I-m'Jek considers watching and letting the boy deal with it on his own... but there is a chance that his cheezy desire would not be quenched...

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:04 pm

Normally, I-m'jek has trained the delivery boy to leave the pizza in the trunk of Don's car, in the back parking lot. Waiting in the trunk is always the exact change for the pizza, but I'm-jek himself is never seen...

Tonight however, things are not going nearly so smooth. Peering out through the second-story window, I'm-jek ponders how to deal with these scum; deciding at last that the threat of law enforcement is usually more effective than enforcement themselves...
Going to use Hypnotic Suggestion, on all 3 scumbags if possible "This street isn't dark enough... someone might notice... you don't want to get arrested...."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:22 pm

The three thugs look around, seem a little paniced looking around, one in particular seems very nervous.

"man we should go... this is all wrong"
the second says "ya lets go somewhere else"

"your lucky day pizza punk" the leader says as they all walk away

The pizza man pulls his cell phone and I-m'Jek can tell that he dialed three numbers. He prepares to press the "call" button.
all fail 1/6/12

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:11 am

Happily, I'm-jek leans toward the glass of the window, almost forgetting to stay in the shadows.. "That'll learn em... but calling the coppers? no, I think not... I'll not be deprived of my precious, by the same person I just saved..."
Hypnotic Suggestion again - pizza boy "..you should deliver the pizza and get out of here... you don't want to be here if they come back"

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:41 am

The pizza boy pauses, his thumb above the call button... he looks around flips his phone shut drops the pizza in the "drop slot" takes his money and hops in the car...
6... success... again... Just keep in mind that I can veto any of these if they are not "what the character would consider anyway" :evil:
He eyes his prize and prepares for his cheesy assault.
ok one more "hanging at home" post from you and I'm going to accelerate the plot, feel free to post about don catching you with the pizza if you like... anything you want to add flavor

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:14 pm

Almost beyond caution, I'm-jek knows that waiting, although wise, would lead to a cold pizza, a crime beyond imagining. Slipping downstairs and past the register, I'm-jek disables a specific one of the motion sensors, and opens an apparent 'steam vent' (one of the little alcove things, where steam from a washer/dryer might exit) and slips out...

Outside, I'm-jek pauses for a moment, sensing for anyone who might be around, and fully prepared to deal with them, before he carefully takes the pizza from the car, stashing it up stairs on the second floor, where the smell is unlikely to be noticed by Don.

Eating an entire triple cheese pizza, is not easy for a child-sized mouse, but I'm-jek succeeds, devouring the entire pizza before falling into a deep, deep sleep.