I-m'jek Chapter 1: Mouse in the House

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Re: I-m'jek Chapter 1: Mouse in the House

Post by Soshi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:40 pm

Looking around him, I'm-jek will examine the catwalks and ceiling, attempting to find the inevitable security cameras before he moves out of his hiding place. I'm-jek will take as many rounds as he needs to be absolutely, completely sure that he isn't caught on film.

On the bright side, I did bring rope! I'm-jek thinks to himself as he creeps along. I'm-jek tries to find a place to attach his rope, so that he can climb down to the walkway and complete his mission.
I'm not sure what the perception skill is to detect cameras... but I'm rolling it, taking 20 of that exists in this game

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 pm

I'm jek pops his head out from the ceiling choosing not to drop down to quickly, he identifies two stationary cameras in each corner... it seems that the security in this room is low, perhaps only to keep kids hands off the bones. The cameras are accessable from the ramps, but are pointed at a wide angle at the allisaurus that I'm jek spots.
actually to search you might use your servalance skills, however, this room is pretty basic on security, the cameras are obvious... perhaps to detour people from touching the exibits.

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Moving towards the cameras, I'm-jek will attempt to disable only one if it is possible, or both if necessary. Taking out his crowbar, I'm-jek will attempt to bend each of the supporting arms such that they still work, but the cameras no longer view the specific part of the exhibit that he needs.
Let me know if that seems unlikely, if so, I have a different plan
"This is 40k man. This ain't the Shire."- Tetnak

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm-jek scurries across the ceiling to the cameras... he gets to them and can tell they are an older closed circuit styled cameras, as he pops his head from the ceiling. He can reach the camera and can tell its a stationary camera, with a single cable coming out the rear.
you can disable them easily, cut the cable move them... put somthing over the top ... but I'm not sure that's what you have in mind, feel free to do as you wish.

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm-jek decides that it's time to blow this joint. First, he'll look to see if the window near the alleosaurus exhibit is available. If so, he'll cut a window out of the window, and then will cut the cable to the camera. Stringing the rope as necessary to provide an easy escape climb.
I'm thinking prowl for the glass cutting, followed by electronics for the camera

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:07 pm

edited based on discussion with player, i mis understood what he wanted
I'm-Jek sees that the window is in fact is still clearly accessable, and plans his decent.

He hugs the wall as he lowers himself down climbing carfully. He scurries to the window he saw from the outside, and cuts a small hole in the window. The glass is removed easily, and he gently places it to the ground.

He then returns to the wall carefully climbing the wall.

He cuts the cable leading to the back of the camera, he knows this will draw attention, however is planning to escape quickly after seizing his prize.
prowl roll 40% all clear

second for cutting cable 26% success

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Everything looks to be clear, The rope runs from near to the Alleosaurus exhibit, all the way to the window, where it is secured... Taking one more minute, I'm-jek surveys the entire area intently, assuring himself that he was not captured on film...

Finally, I'm-jek walks nonchalantly over to the alleosaurus with his wire clippers, prepared to clip the bone out of the framework and then finish this job.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 am

I'm-Jek feels safe in his assumption of the area, he quickly scurries down the rope and directly to the allisauraus, the Large creatures skeleton towers over him, and he chooses wich bone to clip.
obviously you want to clip one that is easy to snatch? or will you tear down the skeliton?

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 am

I'm going to try and climb the skeleton, I want the skull if the bone isn't specific. I'll hook it up to the rope and such for carrying purposes (can haul it out after I climb the rope up).

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:11 pm

but yes you can climb to the top climb roll 49% success
I'm-Jek throws the rope into the air, and does a quick head check of the incoming doorways, hen then easily scurries to the top of the skeleton, it seems structurally sound for his small frame and he finds himself on the neck joint looking forward at the large skull.