I-m'jek Chapter 1: Mouse in the House

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Re: I-m'jek Chapter 1: Mouse in the House

Post by Soshi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:36 pm

Climbing up the spine to the skull, I'm-jek pulls the rope through the eye holes, finally tying the rope in a neat knot around the skull before he begins work cutting away at the wires holding it in place. Every so often, he glances backwards to make sure he's still alone in the room.
"This is 40k man. This ain't the Shire."- Tetnak

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:49 pm

I'm-Jek begins his delicate work of cutting the Dino apart, he has most of the head taken off when he hears the sound of a guard walking towards the exhibit, his heavy steps easily heard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Allosaurus_SDNHM.jpg
just so we can get a size comparison.
you have one action before he will be in the room.

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:48 pm

Finishing the knot leading the rope to the dinosaur skull, I'm-jek looks intently at the doorway from which the sound echoes, prepared to manipulate the guards mind instantly, before a call can be made.

going to mind-trap him to see that nothing is wrong the instant he comes into view

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:13 pm

the guard comes into view, and looks about the room, at first he looks up to the camera, then across the room, at first he doesn't notice the small mouse with a rope tied to the head of the allisauraus, but the fedora gives it away.

Init 2/16 guards turn
"hey what the hell?" he says slightly stunned he reaches for his pistol, "dont move!"
he is holding his actions your move

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:23 pm

I'm a tad confused, did the mindtrap I should have held-action for fail? in IRC you rolled 1D20 instead of percentile... if so I'll need to edit my post to avoid just trying to mind-trap again.

<MUSH> +ROLL: Sempai@IRC rolls 1d20 and the dice show: 16
The fedora might have given it away, but style does not compromise. I'm-jek looks down at the human, attempting to open the secrets of his mind and reshape his reality.

I'm-jek attempts to change the man's vision, instead of looking at a mouse in a fedora and trenchcoat, perched on top of a dinosaur skeleton, he's just waking up in a hospital bed from an awful dream of the same image. As he stirrs, a nurse walks over to him, asking him to lie down and explaining that a robber hit him in the head.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:05 am

mind trap is like a spell in d20 you auto hit with a save.

SAVING THROWS AGAINST PSIONIC ATTACKS
Psionic attacks can sometimes be resisted through the force of will.
Roll a 20 sided die to save against psionics. NON-PSIONICS must roll
15 higher to save. PSIONICS must roll 10 or higher to save. Any
character with any psionic ability you can save as a psionic. Unintelligent
Natural Animals must roll 18 or higher to save against psionics. Characters
with a Mental Endurance (M.E.) of 16 or greater receive a bonus
on all saves vs. psionics. See the Attribute Bonus Chart for exact
numbers.

you can use a psionic attack each melee round. as a non psionic he needs to roll a 15 or higher.

he rolled a 12... trapped.
Luckily for I'm-Jek the guard halts and treats him as any other theif, not firing first.
feel free to describe the mind trap, remember if its complicated, you cant do anything else but the trap.

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Letting the slack on the rope fall, I'm-jek manipulates the guards reality. The museum is still there, as well as the mouse. As the guard looks up, the mouse is urging him onwards, "Come on, we need to get this skull out before the Nazi's get it, if they get it it's all over, and us too!". From around the corner, shouts of harsh German and gunfire echo through the museum halls.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:35 pm

hahahah... ok fyi this is a "complex" mind trap
The world changes for the guard, suddenly he remembers that he is a soldier fighting in warsaw, and must evacuate museum artifacts before the the nazi's raze the museum.
2... solid fail he is mind trapped for 7 minutes.
The guard says "yes sir Sergeant" and moves foward.
he gets a counter roll to disbeleive every minute. I figure it will take you 5 minutes to get it out of the museum.

I rolled secretly what round he would "emerge" from the trap, however my rolls were 5 8 4 12 14 7 4 meaning he continues to believe the trap for the remainder of the 7 minutes. so... in interest of speeding the game along, feel free to post what you and the guard do for the next 5 minutes to get the large skull out of the museum. nice work!

Soshi
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Soshi » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 am

"Excellent, this is much easier than trying to lift that damn thing myself!". I'm-jek directs the guard to walk outside and place the alleosaurus skull in the bushes out of sight, as well as out of bounds of the museum's security system... Finally, he directs the guard to stand at attention in front of the security camera and simply walks out, finishing by commanding the guard to report back to the security desk.

Sadly, I'm-jek is forced to walk over to Don's car and have him drive around to nearer to the skull, since it is too heavy for him to drag conveniently to the meeting place.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:00 pm

I'm jek gives up dragging the skull through the street slowly as Dons car approaches.

he rolls the window down and shakes his head "the head?"

he exits and helps lift the head into the trunk, wich does not fit, but with a bungee cord it seems to sit fine.

Dr. Don grins from ear to ear. "Finally!!! the genome i need for my elixir!"