Blake Mitchell Chapter 1.2: Going back to Cali

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Blake Mitchell Chapter 1.2: Going back to Cali

Post by sempai » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:19 pm

good justification I'll allow it however dont abuse it!
Blake sniffs gently at the man, trying to take in any signs of fear.

He smells cheap deodorant, some kind of hair conditioner, and the smell of chicken curry on his breath. The man does seem afraid, but at the same time he has the smell of captured prey, slightly in shock.

He nods "yes i can, but it will take me some time, I will need to hack into Versions Blackberry network. It would take me a few days... Is that ok?" he looks at the phone, and sees the flashing red light "seems there is a message..."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Everything is alright, Blake thinks.
"Yeah, that's fine with me", he answers to the man.

Blake recalls the adress of his hideout. When the man has finished his task he surely needs to contact him and as Blake doesn't plan to stay around the man the whole time he thinks of a way for the man to reach him. He reminds to have a PO Box. Or even two of them. One is in atown not far from Fort Bragg, North California, and one is in Fort Lewis, Washington, the base he was deployed last before his experimentation assignment. Both are difficult to reach. To be true the best would be in North Carolina, since it isn't on base, but as Blake is in California now it's jsut as unaccessible as the other one.
He decides to tell the indian man the adress of his hideout in san Diego.

"Just let me take a look at the message..."
Blake presses the button which will show the message.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:15 pm

Blake ponders on his future transactions but the blinking light gets his attention. He presses the button and the message appears. Blake looks at the date of the message and realizes its 5 days old. Attached is a photo of a dark haired man in his mid 30's

Target: William "turk" Ramsey
Time: flys in from flight 3468 at 5 Pm in 7 days
Action: termination, in a discreet manner, body must not be found.
Payment: 20,000 up front 40,000 when job is complete.

Please reply in next 6 days with confirmation, and account number for funds transfer. Notification and photo of target termination required.

"i can meet you here later messanger, perhapse in a few days? Also I would do this for free, but my time is important to me, can i receive payment for my time?" Interrupts the electronic helper.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Blake is shortly distracted and sunken is his thoughts Oakland - San Diego... This would be about 450 miles. Damn, do I have the account number? Must be somewhere in sent messages.

"Huh?...", Blake responds. "Ah, sure, I'll give what I have right now. Sorry, but I'm short on money, too." He searches his coat for the last bills and hands them to the man.

"Just one minute...", Blake says. Then he types a short message with his own account number, a classified one without any connections to his occupations which should be comparatively untraceable he got when he joined the special forces, in it:
'We take the job. Account numer as follows(...) Confirmation of accomplishment in two days.'

Satisfied he hands the phone to the indian man. "Do you have some kind of cheap mobile phone as a replacement that I can take for a few days? I'll pay for it. Unregistered would be handy", Blake smiles at the man.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:01 am

"ahhh messenger, you see it is fate we are brought together! You see, I sometimes need to make calls to people for transactions and do not want to be traced." he pulls out a package from the front seat. "i have three of these"

Blake looks at the package and sees the 'disposable cell phone'

"I will do what i can for you, you are my resolution to my Karma, I will call you when finished"

he hands blake a small slip of paper with his personal number on it. It says 'Mehul 555-7380'

"anything else for you messanger?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:10 pm

"No. At least not now. Thanks for your help", Blake says and pockets the paper slip with the phone number.
Then he has another idea. He pulls out the yellow sash from the gangsters. "I'm new to San Diego so could you tell me what you know about this gang?"

After Blake listened to the indian man he leaves the garage and hurries back to his own car. It will be a long drive to Oakland, but perhaps the man who is marked to kill has some valueable information for him. Or why would they want him killed anyway.
Blake will have to refuel at the way. This is the only thing, that could be difficult. But it's worth the danger, if he can find out more about the Company.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:16 am

The indian man explains "messenger, these sash's belong to the golden warriors, they are a horrible gang of punks, drugs prostitution, but primarily racketeering, I give them 10% of my earnings so they don't tear up my goods... good thing i'm only out 10 cents a cd... not like the shop keepers. "

As Blake leaves the man comments "travel well messenger I will await... your message" he says with a sarcastic smile. "stay out of the warriors business, they are dangerous"

Blake hops in the car and drives straight to Oakland, with a minor refuel, after a long drive, Blake arrives at a sign and has his choice of short/long term parking, or the drive up, pickup/drop off turn off.
i'm going to make this up, I really don't have the time to look up the exact structure and layout of the actual airport...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:47 am

At the airport Blake drives at the long term parking thinking about his next step. He figures when the plane with William Ramsey will arrive.

Then he phones through to the terminal for the arrivals of the airport.
"Hi, my name is Jeffrey O'Melly of the Oakland Marriott City Center. I want to leave a message for William Ramsey who will arrive with flight 3468. It concerns his booking for the suite and his pick up by his affiliate."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:57 am

The woman on the other end of the phone replies in a very plain voice, the voice of someone who hates their job. , "yes sir what is the message?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:04 am

"Mr. Ramsey's affiliate wantes to pick him up personally at gate 17. Will there be any delay's with the flight?", Blake asks.
The last time he feigned something his opposite quickly saw through him.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."