Toda Hiromatsu Chapter 1.2: Island Paradise

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Toda Hiromatsu Chapter 1.2: Island Paradise

Post by sempai » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 pm

"You have done so well Toda" says the master, now its your turn to cook!
Toda nods and prepares his stance, the old man jumps around with the grace of a young gymnast, he turns, and his rear leg explodes into Toda's chest the pain explodes, and he looks down, and then at his master...
all chi recovered
Then he awakes and sees it, a large animal, some kind of feral dog the creature stands 20 feet at the shoulders and is biting at Toda's stomach!

The night was relaxing but now this Giant creature is considering Toda and Jemeri a late snack!
and so... combat begins! you have init zanshin boy. 12/8
Last edited by sempai on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Toda Hiromatsu Chapter 1.2: Island Paridise

Post by Galen » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:14 am

Toda stands and looks to make sure he sees Jemeri. He then pulls his attention back to the gigantic beast trying to eat him. He takes a swing at the dog to test it's defenses.
Sumo Stance
Action one - wake up/stand
action two - backhand at dog.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:17 pm

Toda spots Jemeri who wakes up grabs his rifle and jumps to his feet, preparing the weapon for combat.

Toda dwarfed by the giant dog, swings a backhand at the dogs face.
11/12 HIT with bonuses 8 + 11 = 19
The dog yelps then snaps at Toda his teeth the size of Todas hands, But the training pays off, Toda deflects the dogs snout with a mighty block, then turns to avoid the second bite.
8/16 parry... 3/8 Miss! your lucky this pooch will do some serious damage your move, after you Jemeri will attack.

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:15 pm

In trying to stick to his training, even in extreme encounters like this, Toda tests the strength of the beast by trying to hold it't mouth shut. Toda trys to get his arms around the dog's snout and hold on tight.
here goes nothin.

Sumo Stance
Action One - Crush/squeeze...might not be able to work at all, but I figured I might be able to wrestle with its head. I just wouldn't stop the rest of it.

Action Two - Crush again if I failed to hit. If I can tell it is futile I will just Palm Strike

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:24 pm

Toda grabs the beast around the snout and squeezes violently his mighty strenght holds the giant beast's mouth shut!!! The giant dog shakes his head violently trying to remove Toda but the Poor dragon being thrown around violently has no clue where he is... only that the beast cannot bite. Toda wonders to himself if this is why master Shegikie threw him around so often... to have the equilibrium to maintain something as this.

The beast whines as Toda squeezes.
19/9 10 escape fail... success!!! careful what you ask for!!! damge 4+11 4+11 = 30 damage to sdc!
Jemeri locks and loads, he drops to one knee and carefully aims. The first he misses the beast, as he is nervous to hit his companion, the second finds its home!
2 then 11 damage 1 6 4 5 6 = 22x2 for crit 44!!!
the dog yelps in pain, and starts running around in circles trying to find something to brush Toda off with.

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:51 am

Toda squeezes tighter as the dog moves, more to keep from getting thrown than to do damage. Toda trys to focus inwardly as the landscape blurs past him.
Sumo Stance
All - Squeeze/Hold on for dear life

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:08 am

Toda holds on for his life, not wanting to be bit again. However the dog stops and shakes its head violently sending the dragon flying many feet in the air, landing safely? in some brush.

Jemeri however gets one good shot off on the dog before toda lets him go.
4success 18 fail! 3+11 8 hit jemeri, crit from behind. 6 5 2 2 1 1x2 = 30 damage.
The dog yelps in pain and runs full speed into the jungle.
combat is over unless you want to chase it down
"What the bloody hell was that?" screams Jemeri "things get stranger the higher we climb this mountain."

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:38 am

"Man oh man..."Toda moans as he shakes his head. "Well, if anything else like that wanders by we should at least see it coming. I can't imagine that thing is too stealthy."

Toda glances up the mountain as he continues. "I've stopped trying to guess what we will run into next. 'Limiting your expectations only limits your readyness' as Master would say."

Toda then starts moving once again up the mountain. "Are you coming?" Toda asks rhetorically.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:34 pm

"i must Larauu counts on me, my old life is nothing for her" says jemeri sweating profusely.

The two continue up the mountain, jemeri continues to follow the traks of the boarmen, but then spots another set of tracks... a Komodo dragon. The two move along the tracks, and there before toda's eyes... is another giant komodo dragon, very much unlike him, it crawls on all fours, but has a bent back like a caveman, and has thorny scales and is roughly the same size. It looks Unintelligent and otherwise behaves like a normal Dragon.

"What is happening here?" whispers Jemeri, "I've never seen such troubled beasts"

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:46 am

"How easily that could have been me. Fate decided I was meant for different things. Who is to say which of us is better off, eh Jemeri." Toda trys to lighten the mood, but inside he is worried. "Whatever caused this seems to have spread across much of the island. It does not appear to be a small isolated incident."

Toda wishes he could spend some time with the creature, and find out if there are others like it...or like himself. They needed to keep moving on. The sooner they found Larauu the sooner Jemeri could rest.