Night of the nine stars signup

A place to open up new "Just The Splats" Games
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Setup

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:01 am

Pyg: It looks like we've got a lot of damage; save the levels and spend them on more skill points. Thank you SO much for taking the multitool position!

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:04 am

Almost finished with the character...
If I can I would like to suggest a team name...
In honor of the VWorld theme of the game...
I suggest: The Falling Stars or The Harbingers
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:09 am

I like The Harbingers.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:15 am

Considering that the dungeon is named in reference to the stars, Harbingers would probably be more appropriate.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Definitely! Let's harbinge the crap out of this dungeon!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 am

Harbingers is my vote

I have just done half my guy, damn this takes a long time.

3 Wu Jen/ 3 Spirit Shaman / 4 Mystic Theurge

I will have lots and lots of spells both arcane and divine, but no fire spells. Lighting fires is taboo, so is cutting my hair... all of it, because I'm playing a Vanaran -- Monkey Man!!!!

I need to pick Feats, Spells, and buy Gear and I'm done.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:41 pm

Harbringers....btw is this crawl sanctioned? do i have to worry about allowed spells ect...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:52 pm

Yes it is Sanctioned I Asked Bitom about a while ago on the IRC
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:02 am

Update:

Wayloss - Human Sorcerer - Half done
ard05 - Dragonfire adept (received)
EM - Fire-flinging fighter-type
Vardaen - Vanaran Mystic Theurge - half done
JW - 4-armed fighter bug (mostly done)
Pyg - Part-Dolphin Bag of skills.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Dolphin Moreau

Post by pygmaelion » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:38 pm

Since I stole the Dolphon Moreau from the d20 modern book, I figured I'd make it available here.

p247 d20 Modern Rulebook:
Moreau
Moreaus are animal-human hybrids, created by grafting specific sequences of animal DNA to human DNA. To date, all successful hybrids are mammals. Reports of strange creatures glimpsed in wilderness areas, or of bizzarre corpses washing ashore, may be the results of unsuccessful attempts to create reptilian or amphibian hybrids.
Government laboratories sterilize their moreause, but there are reports that some sterilizations were botched and moreaus are now reproducing on their own. Only time will tell whether the offspring resemble their parents.
Genetecists built three degrees of moreau: covert, moderate, and overt.

Covert Moreaus appear human until they demonstrate superior strangth, agility, endurance, or senses. Some nations tattoo their coverts with discrete identifying marks easily covered by hair or clothing. Others prefer to imbed microchips, just like veteranarians imbed microships in dogs and cats. All are Medium Sized and have low-light vision.

Moderate Moreaus are all bitedal and can pass as human if they wear hoods or hates and keept o the shadows (-10 penalty on disguise checks to pass for human). Some appear to be accident victims or suffering from birth defects rather tthan members of a separate species. They generally have abundant body hair, but lack true pelts. All are Medium sized and possess low-light vision.

Overt Moreaus are clearly nonhuman. Their size and body shapes vary widely, and they grow pelts rather than normal human hair. They find human clothing uncomfortable.Their pronounced muzzles heavily accent their speaking coices, but they can speak human languages easily. Overt moreaus have opposable thubs and can use most human equipment without modification. They possess many of the cranial features of their animal ancestors, including whiskers, enlarged ears, and teeth. Overt moreaus can pass for human only if they wear bulky clothing under very dark conditions (-20 penalty on Disguise checks to pass for human). Most travel as easily on all fours as they walk upright.

Moreaus can be powerful characters, but they have weaknesses. Smart opponents take advantage of such flaws. Even ig the gm allows moreau characters, some facets of the campaign might make players uncomfortable or unwilling to play moreau characters.

- Most humans view moreaus with fear. Moreaus are subject to prejudice and racial vilence all over the world.
-The initial attitude of animals toward moreaus is never better than unfriendly. Moreaus take a -4 penalty on all charisma checks to improve an animal's attitude
-Governments regard their moreaus as property, not as people. They are valuable as long as they accomplish the tasks set before them.Ultimately, all moreaus are expendable.
-Most moreaus who escape government control try to reach the united states. The United States categorically denies that it experiments with moreaus, claiming that all moreaus working for the United States government are immigrants. In fact, the United States has extensive facilities for developing and training moreaus scattered across the country. However, moreaus have the same rights under U.S. law as humans do, making the country a popular destination for those seeking asylum. Of course, the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) and FBI assume all moreaus immigrating to the United States are current of former spies, and treat them accordingly.

Skills: Moreaus get 4 fewer skill points than human characters at 1st level and 1 fewer skill point than human characters each level tehreafter.

Feats: A moreau character gets one bonus feat at 1st level (humans get 2 bonus feats at 1st level)

Tables:

Dolphin:
Overt
Base Height: 5ft2in + 2d10
Weight: 170lb X2d4 lbs
age 17+1d6

p 249 d20 Modern Corebook
" Dolphin Moreau Species Traits

Dolphin Moreaus are a blend of human and common dolphin. Their physical power combined with a high intelligence frightens humans and most other moreaus. Dolphins are most often found in unconventional warfare units, particularly those with maritime missions such as United States Navy Seals.

Overt Dolphin moreaus have distinctive skin patterns, with a dark blue of black back, a white front, and golden stripes down their arms, ribs, and legs. They have pronounced webbing between their fingers. Overt dolphins have tiny external ears. Onlike other overt moreaus, overt dolphins tend to be hairles..

Hold Breath (Ex):
A dolphin moreu can remain submerged for a number of rounds equal to its Constitution score before needing to surface for air.

Blindsight(Ex):
Overt dolphin moreaus have blindsight with a range of 60 ft. on land or water

Ability Scores:
Dolphin moreaus have the following species modifiers to ability scores:
Covert: +2 Int, -2 Wis
Moderate: +2 Ste, -2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Wis
Overt: +2 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Int, -4 Wis