Diplomacy 1: Learner Game

Diplomacy is a strategic board game. Its main distinction from most board wargames is negotiation: Players spend much of their time forming (and betraying) alliances with other players. Set in Europe just before the beginning of World War I , Diplomacy is played by seven players, each controlling the armed forces of a major European power.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Diplomacy 1: Spring 1906

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Oh I see, the Alliance with Austira is over. The attack from the Poop Brown Nation into Russian territory, unprovoked, shows the integrity of Austria and the lack of character of their people. It is unfortunate that Brennor was unable to remain loyal to an alliance while enemies of that alliance still remain. Tsk Tsk. A test of his character proven to be greatly lacking.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Told you that the Turks weren't the bad guys V!!!!!!!!! I enjoyed the game quite a bit thanks everyone...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:35 pm

Grimbold wrote:Brennor: Your move from AEG to BLA is impossible as there is Con in between.
Oh, I thought a fleet could go from sea to sea through Con.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:39 pm

MadVlat wrote:Told you that the Turks weren't the bad guys V!!!!!!!!! I enjoyed the game quite a bit thanks everyone...
You prove to be correct. Russia welcomes all Turkish refugees with open arms, and clothes pins onour noses.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:44 pm

Vardaen wrote:Oh I see, the Alliance with Austira is over. The attack from the Poop Brown Nation into Russian territory, unprovoked, shows the integrity of Austria and the lack of character of their people. It is unfortunate that Brennor was unable to remain loyal to an alliance while enemies of that alliance still remain. Tsk Tsk. A test of his character proven to be greatly lacking.
Sorry you feel that way, V. I did warn you of the attack at least.

Consider the alliance terminated. It was going to happen shortly regardless. Australia will not be able to stand against the combined might of Italy and Russia.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:56 pm

I tell you, I will continue to NOT attack Austria. I made a pact, and I stick to them. Mother Russia is nothing if not loyal to their true friends and allies. It is unfortunate that you felt you had to raid my BMW factories in Berlin, we would have gladly given you as many free cars as you wanted.

I suggest you do not assume Italy and Russia would have attacked you. As once the Axis of Evil was dead, a three way victory rally was in order. Russia could share Europe, but Austira clearly could not.

(besides warning me after orders were sent in is not what I consider good conduct of an ally)

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:38 pm

...At the monkey bars after school, be there punk!!!!!! Tuktuk states as he prepares to stuff his face with hot buttered popcorn. While he watches the fight on pay per view in Argentina.... 8O
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:08 am

So what happens to Amari's builds? She has +2 this fall, but only 1 home town region. Does she simply loose the other build? That's harsh if so.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:59 pm

No, as there is only one home province free, she can only build one. She can build more next year.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Builds/Disbands:
A: Builds F(Trieste), A(Vienna), A(Budapest).
E: Removes F(Heligoland Bight), F(North Sea).
I: Builds F(Rome). 1 Build centre short.
R: None.
T: Removes A(Armenia), F(Black Sea).
Sorry for the delay.
Italy: You can only build in Rome. I built you a fleet. Tell me if you want an army instead. I did not hear from you.

Spring orders for Tuesday please!