Diplomacy 2

Diplomacy is a strategic board game. Its main distinction from most board wargames is negotiation: Players spend much of their time forming (and betraying) alliances with other players. Set in Europe just before the beginning of World War I , Diplomacy is played by seven players, each controlling the armed forces of a major European power.
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Diplomacy 2

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:45 pm

Up to now I have:

Evil Monkey
Amaris
Melvyst
MadVlat
Sempai (perhaps)
Vardaen (perhaps)

So I need one or two more players. Post here if interested. (For those already in, I invite you to chat up more players...)

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Diplomacy 2

Post by Galen » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:15 am

Ok...you got me. I'll see how this goes.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:27 am

Shuffle us some countries Grim...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:04 am

The dice say:
Austria: Melvyst
England: Vardaen
France: Amaris
Germany: EvilMonkey
Italy: MadVlat
Russia: Galen
Turkey: Sempai

Game will be up soon! Please confirm your participation by an intro post!

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 am

BonJour, Bagette!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:38 pm

Servus,

The great nation of Austria, the hearth of culture & art , welcomes you!

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Guten Tag! I, Kaiser Rolls heißen Sie herzlich willkommen in der herrlichen Welt der Diplomatie. Magen wir alle sonnen im Licht der Freundschaft und des Friedens.
Good day! I, Kaiser Rolls welcome you to the wonderful world of diplomacy. May we all bask in the light of friendship and peace.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:18 pm

I am suggesting the following special rules here. Can you tell me your opinion on them? (I got this from a Diplo pbem site and modified it a bit.)

1) Players should submit moves by the deadline, come hell or high water. Players may wish to submit a set of tentative orders as soon as possible and then modify them as the turn progresses. A player who consistently misses the deadline (ie NMRs) risks being expelled from the game. If you need more time you should request a deadline extension, in cases of genuine need. A grace period will apply up until I process the orders.
3) Feel free to ask for deadline extensions at any time (but not later than 24 hours before a deadline, please). However, if you will be unable to continue playing permanently or for a significant period of time, you should notify me as soon as possible to allow me time to find a replacement (unless you have one yourself, which is preferable).
4) Ten GM commandments (from a pbem site)
- I will remain impartial in all matters.
- I will not interfere in game play.
- I will not interpret orders.
- I will not comment on any perceived notions, alliances, or treachery in the game.
- I will not actively participate in player deceptions.
- I will delay the game and ask for new orders from a player if I suspect that a player's orders were faked by another player.
- I will do my best to meet all my information processing and game maintenance responsibilities as quickly and accurately as possible.
- I will not change the basic game parameters after players start signing up, unless the players vote to do so unanimously.
- I will endeavour to be 'firm, fair, but friendly' at all times.
- I will try, to the best of my abilities, to ensure that everyone has fun!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Tea and Crumpets for everyone!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:55 pm

I Pope Not-so-Innocent the first, wish well to my allies and excommunication to my foes. Tithes are due by the end of the month...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...