Diplomacy 3 - Press center

Diplomacy is a strategic board game. Its main distinction from most board wargames is negotiation: Players spend much of their time forming (and betraying) alliances with other players. Set in Europe just before the beginning of World War I , Diplomacy is played by seven players, each controlling the armed forces of a major European power.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Diplomacy 3

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Yeah, okay so who is the leader, just replace my HISTORICALLY FACTUAL use of Nichols II with whatever clown you being ruled by. I'll edit.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Honestly I'm not sure Historical fact really matters... after all this is a game of european domination and its starting year is 13 years before the outbreak of WWI. Also, some other liberties were taken with people (hence why my fiance is of age (even though historically she'd be somewhere around 10) And for the record the new Tzar's name is Dmitri Zloi-Obezyana aka Dmitri Evil-Monkey aka ME. I sincerely hope you aren't getting butthurt at this, it's just a game afterall...
EvilMonkey wrote:The Moscow Sun
Successor Found for Empty Throne

Today, amidst the tumultuous applause of his loyal subjects, Tzar Dmitri Zloĭ-Obezʹyana assumed the throne of his predecessor, Tzar Nicholas II. Which has been empty ever since his fateful sailing trip to the black sea with his family, three short months ago. As you are all aware, the ship was reported to be firing distress rockets two days into the trip. The ship was claimed by the sea along with most of the passangers. However an exhaustive search turned up a single survivor of the royal line, Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna whom describes the night as "A horrific ordeal."

According to anonymous sources, men in dark uniforms borded the ship shortly after nightfall and proceeded to kill everyone onboard before attempting to scuttle it. The rescue fleet (led by none other than the now Tzar himself) conducted a thorough search but could find no trace of the filthy murdering dogs. The Grand Duchess, despite her tragic loss, has seen fit to announce her engagement to the now Tzar, stating: "He saved me, he has shown me compassion, and I know that my wellbeing is first on his mind. I love him dearly."

For details on the upcoming royal wedding turn to page 3...

Reposted for the pleasure of the viewing public. My first news post which was formerly in the game opening's thread.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Yup I edited my previous post, you might want to do the same. That was just a misprint, mispelling.

Anyhow. I want to just post my moves and get the action on the map going! All this jiggerjabber is doing us no good.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Yeah, I know, the wait is killing me
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Gesamtdeustcher Anzeiger

German Chancellor warns of border disputes

[Stuttgart] Today the Chancellor, Hans Stahlstark, spoke to a large crowd of people who gathered to hear one of his famous speeches. One of the main points of his concerns are the open hostilities between Germany's European neighbors. Wondering who this so-called "terrorists" are and if may be the same state terrorism that has been known as the Reign of Terror in France. However, he the Chancellor also warned any other state not to cross Germany's borders with military forces as retaliation will be swift and brutal. "If anyone, and I mean anyone dares to claim the land of the German people, then I will personally stomp into their capital and kick their defeated leader in the ass in front of their own population before I turn their land into a barren wasteland," said Chancellor Stahlstartk. At the end of his speech he turned West and together with anyone gathered he performed a magnificent bras d'honneur.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:27 am

"TURKISH TRIBUNE" Peace Talks Fail

Emir Tootsie Baba declared that his quest for a peaceful resolution to the european dilema a failure. Troops gathered on the Bulgarian border to ensure the leaders of the foreign nations be given free passage to their respective homelands. Warning that war could destroy the european economic stability.

In other news. The Turkish salt fleets proudly announced the completion of the armored salt barge "Cristo". The finest ship built to date to be launched in the spring from its Ankara anchorage...
Last edited by MadVlat on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:35 pm

"TURKISH TRIBUNE" War Delayed

Emir Tootsie Baba today blamed the european conflict on the French and Austrian nobility's inability to read. Saying, "Perhaps if there were more literacy abroad, military action would be a moot point". Fearing that perhaps it may be contagious since the austrian heiress to the throne has developed the same crippling disability. The turkish leader has sent three scholars to teach his lesser european cousins...
Last edited by MadVlat on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:44 pm

So apparently we can just post what other people's characters do. Like go to Turkey... great. My next post will mention that all of teh people in turkey shot themselves. Perhaps inviting other to a conference would have been more fun, not assuming we came there, then saying what people did when there. I feel its like playing in a RP game and telling someone what their character is doing, its not within your authority to declare action for my "leaders". Does that make sense?

Paris Gazette

In a sudden turn of events the entire Turkish ruling class shot themselves in the face, committing mass suicide. Its true, be cause we said so and any reports after this just aren't true.

Germany also drown in beer today, leaving their lands unoccupied and ripe for new low rent housing.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:43 am

If you don't like what is being said, then post a news article stating how the Turkish tabloids are publishing blatent lies and propaganda. Roll with the punches, don't just get all mad about it, it doesn't do anyone any good. In my humble opinion I think you are taking this stuff way to seriously, just chillax man. It's smack talk, thats all, harmless words.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:30 pm

That is just what I figured - in Diplomacy, the press is an instrument of propaganda, directed at the own people, to make the own populance more patriotic. So nothing said in the press need be true. Everything can be blatant lies and disinformation.
But y'all might slow down your tone a bit. After all, real war is coming (I guess).