A Chance Meeting

Look at what'€™s happening to our planet, over population, global warming, drought, famine, terrorism we all sense deep down that something is happening. An entire species will go extinct while others no more unique or complex will adapt and change in extraordinary ways. But while the default scientific condition is skepticism, what would happen if the extraordinary began with the otherwise ordinary persons, what changes could they bring to save their species.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: A Chance Meeting

Post by Bitom » Fri May 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Michael seems confused, as the the man just finished explaining the "One of us, one of them" tactic, and is now assigning two of "Them" to a mission, but he has bigger issues.

"I'm interested, but shouldn't we do the discussing of payment, benefits, and quitting of our old jobs first?"

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Sat May 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Noah answers in a deadpan way which has become his accustom mode of speech. "How do you feel about working in the paper industry?" Their is a short pause then he continues, "You can of course quit your jobs, there are more than enough positions within the company that we can draw you both a modest salary."
As you two may guess, the normal literal policy of us and them <go pink floid> wont play out as well in a game with two them pc's. So were just going to walk around that issue, paint it purple with pokadots and erect and SEP field.

LizzieLizzie
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LizzieLizzie » Sat May 30, 2009 8:04 pm

"Considering I'm working on a doctorate stipend, that'd be a step up for me."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:24 pm

"Well, if I'm running around the country for you," says Michael, "I'll lose my job in a hurry, so even if it's a step down, it's a step up."

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:23 am

"Youd be surprised howmamy are local New Yorkers." He then moves back to his office with the two of you in tow. There he pulls a folder, [Mohindar Suresh] "The good doctor here should be an appropreate place for the two of you to start."

LizzieLizzie
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LizzieLizzie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:29 am

"OK... and what do you expect us to do with-slash-to this individual?" Janet extends her hand for the folder.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:18 pm

"Dr. Suresh is working on a way to identify and track people with abilities. His insights are rather unique and he seems to have a better understanding of the process than we do. This should be simple enough, I need to get you into his apartment, talk to him for a while and that should be enough. A camera would be too obvious and we truely dont want to trash his apartment and disrupt what he is working on."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Michael smiles a little. "we're supposed to do what when we're in there?"

LizzieLizzie
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LizzieLizzie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:33 pm

"Talk to him about what? The weather? Try to recruit him? What are you getting at?" Janet rolls her eyes. "If you're going to hedge around every-fucking-thing, we'll never get anything done."

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:08 am

"I realy dont care what you talk to him about, claim to be form the electric company for all I care, but I have been in his apartment, he is not careful with what he leaves laying arround. Their is a map on the back wall with more informaiton on gifted people than I suspect many of us could shake a stick at. I dont think you could get him to join us, though if you feel as if you have a chance then by all means, be my guest."