About your Admins and Game Masters

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

About your Admins and Game Masters

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:20 pm

I just realized that there isn't a very clear cut location that tells you who the Administrators are here. So here it is. You can see who the Dungeon Masters, Game Masters and Storytellers are by the Master Game List thread.

Your Admins:
Brennor - Da Man who started it all. The site was designed to be a place to blog his Shadowrun game he ran RL. Clearly it has evolved. He handles all hardware and software upgrades and hosts the server phyiscally and pays for everything. So if you want to help him out, and enjoy the site check out the "Make a Donation" thread to do so. Generally around week days during normal working hours (EST). (New York)

Vardaen - Da Man's childhood friend, joined the site at its start and talked Brennor into changing it into a PbP game forum. Our resident game addict and rules laywer who runs a large portion of the games on the site and has started the popular vWorld that now is home to several other DMs. This is me! Generally around all week long during normal business hours (EST). (New York)

TetNak - A long time MUSHer and Admin from the Shadowrift MUSH. This was a natural shift for him to come here after we told him about it. He can handle setting up any forums or other such features you might need. He also hosts a large number of games and is a posting adict as well. He can help with any problems and is generally around normal hours during the week but is a few hours behind being MST. (Colorado)
Bitom - Da Man's college friend, joined the site, then left then came back full force. He can handle minor coding issues and takes care of our imaging for the most part. Another GM who runs many games, he can help with forums or just about anything. He is also around during the week from work EST. (Florida)
--Edit by Bitom-- Bitom got a promotion at work, and with the extra money came a bunch of extra responsibility. He's not currently running any games, but is planning to resume the running of his most successful game shortly. He also enjoys speaking of himself in the third person.
Last edited by Vardaen on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Your Administrators

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:34 am

Here you can get to know the various Dungeon Masters, Game Masters, and Storytellers of the various games active on the site. Each of these entries was writen by the person themselves.

Your Game Masters:
Apoctheosis: Has been roleplaying for a few years, making stories since before that. Plays mainly D&D and has recently been playing the Storytellling System. Found this site while looking for a place to game, not being able to find a place to game where he lives. Other hobbies include drawing, writing, and generally being insane.

BrokenWire2086: After having spent the better part of five years in collage with Bitom, BrokenWire took his liberal arts degree and joined the Army. He enjoys long walks in the early morning, sleeping under the stars, and static line jumps from 1,200 feet. His experience is predominantly with LARP style RP and has focused much of his attention on playing World of Darkness type RPGs and has only recently moved into the realm of D20. With limited experience as a PBP GM, BrokenWire has run numerous other table top and LARP style games; some of which developing a cult like following and forcing him to flee the state. "Be careful what you say, your worlds could very well affect reality."

Connie_the_Fire_Element: Connie enjoys long walks on the beach, rp-ing, singing and dancing, sewing, playing with fire, walks on beaches that are on fire, rp-ing things on fire, singing and dancing while things are on fire, and sewing while watching things on fire. She can count the times she has GM'd on one hand, but not the amount of times she has killed a party (accidents, all of them) similarily. She was born to GM! (Currently not running anything since KAMB ended)

Eanwulf: A 40 year old virgin who lives in his parent's basement and is an avid comic collector. Naw seriously, Wulf is 36 years old has his own place and the only comic he owns is at the bottom of his birdcage. Eanwulf has been gaming (you name it and he has most likely played it) since the age of 11 or so (sixth-seventh grade) after a buddy of his introduced him to Marvel Superheroes and Dungeons and Dragons. From then on he was hooked on gaming. Wulf was even a member of his 7th grade center's 'œofficial' Dungeons & Dragons after school club, which lasted for all of three whole meetings before it was cancelled due to lack of available after school transportation (i.e. buses). Much like his days of youth, Wulf has been introduced to yet another gaming endeavor (Brennor's Website) through a friend (the almighty Trogdor) and has fallen in love with it.

Illeveun: He has been roleplaying for around two years now, and has just started GMing(DMing, whatever you want to call it). Illeveun does not remember how he came to this site, but it was most likely from a link somewhere on the WotC forums, and, on an unrelated note, is likely the youngest DM on the site.

jigglepuff69: Greeting to all fans of gaming. A little background on yours truly, Jigglypuff69. I have been gaming since 1982, when my older brother first introduced me to Basic D&D. I've played in TONS of D&D adventures over the years, but did branch out to play and run other games, as well. Some of those titles include: Robotech (One of my favorites!!!), Little Fears (very dark...), Wheel of Time, Vampire/Werewolf and other World of Darkness types like Gargoyles and Immortals, Legend of the Five Rings, XCrawl, etc... I hope to see some of you in the games I'm in or will be running. May the Fortune of Luck be with you die rolls...

JohnnyWierd: JohnnyWeird was drawn to this site while living a thousand miles away from his friends and gaming circle. As he became involved in different games already in progress and starting up, he saw that some of the games he most wished to play simply weren't being run. To that end, he started running them himself. He enjoys tales of distant futures, alternate pasts, and offbeat presents.
JW can be found on and off sporadically during Eastern Working Hours and occasionally on weekends. Game on!

MadVlat: I have been roleplaying for many, many, many years now. When I learned of this site I just had to be in on the fun. I am a huge World of Darkness fan, and currently I am running two such games. Though I'm all alone at the bottom of the forums page.

od: See Below

Trogdor: Trogdor found this site through one of the posts Tetnak made on the Wizard's boards. He soon found this to be one of the best PBP sites out there and became involved in numerous games. He's been slow at running games, but is currently trying his hand once again. Trogdor works at his desk all day during EST working hours (and often beyond). So he's able to post and awful lot.
Last edited by Vardaen on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:37 am

Tet'Nak (GM Version): Tet'Nak has been RPing online since 1994. Tet started as a BBS poster which was amazingly similar to PbP back in the day. Tet finally graduated to MUDs and then MUSHes in 1996 (Elendor). There he RP'd for a steady 4 years, becoming a Feature Character and Administrator. He also started RPing on ShadowRift MUSH, being recruited by Vardaen. He would go on to be one of the primary creators of several MUSHes, but most importantly a rewrite of the ShadowRift theme into what is today Akarian Dawn. When Brennor founded the site Tet'Nak was one of Vardaen's first player in the Mahasarpa campaign, along with Brennor, Palamon, and Wargie. Tet now RPs in a slew of games and runs them as well. He does some RP on some MUSHes here and there but his time is mostly dedicated to Brennor's RPG Corner and getting drunk. He is a network engineer that can finish his projects in 1/10th the time alloted to him, therefore he is online a ton! He is kinda lazy, so when he gets to work at 9 MST, its already 11 EST! ;) Typically after Vardaen leaves, he's soon out the door because of boredom. He can be found on the weekends as well, though in a very sporadic fashion.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Vardaen (GM Version): I have been RPing since I was about 12 year old. After a friend and I found his older brother's Basic D&D books we started designing 1 on 1 dungeons. Soon we found the magic items table in the back of the Expert Book and were totally hooked. I quickly became the local DM for our growing group and fell into playing with several different groups, one of which included Brennor. I also used to play on a BBS game, a site called Bree, between the game Legend of the Red Dragon, Trade Wars and the D&D game in which I was a Elven Inflitrator (F/M/T) I spent alot of time on the BBS. I moved up to MUSHing, Elendor in particular, and then along with Brennor and TetNak help found Shadowrift MUSH. I started playing CCGs as well around 16-17 years old, Magic the Gathering, but soon discovered Legend of the Five Rings and fell in love with it. I began playing the RPG for L5R as well, and other than a few random other games (Shadowrun, World of Darkness) have been a rather dedicated fan to D&D and L5R (however I rarely if ever played in any offical D&D campaign worlds until Eberron.) I've started branching out more recently and enjoy Warhammer, Warhammer 40K, Star Wars, and more.

I'm running the most number of games, I'm in a handful of others ones, I RP while at work in front of my computer and still have a local table top group that includes jigglypuff69, MadVlat, Connie_TFE, and from time to time play in an Eberron game with Brennor, Wayloss, Shinling, Cohobin, Joni and Micro.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Your GMs

Post by Bitom » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:31 pm

I've been running games for something like 18 years, and occasionally, I getthe opportunity to play in them, too. I've been involved in everything from diceless "The GM says so" games to the Shadow Run "Buckets of dice are not enough" system, and honestly, I prefer the diceless ones.

I'm the kind of guy who plays a human in an elder vampire game to see how long I can keep my guy alive when my stats say I am crunchy and good with ketchup.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Your GMs

Post by od » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:05 pm

I'm oD, which stands for other Dave. Its a nickname I picked up along the way and have worn for about 5 years now. I started playing DnD about twelve years ago as I entered my teenage years. I started running Dnd just a few years later. Since then I've played and run in a number of systems, Vampire, Wraith, Werewolf, Shadowrun, Mechwarrior, Deadlands, L5R, Hero, etc, etc...

I've played board and card games, and designed many a gaming system and setting in my days (nothing I've tried to publish though.) I've had alot of good times as a player and a GM but among my best moments was a Ravenloft game where I managed to drive the players (not the characters) insane (ask Bitom sometime).

When I run a game my top priorities are fun, balance, choice, adventure, and achievement. I'm a DM that likes to throw players into a world strewn with plots and challenges and let them decide the road they will take rather than giving a clear cut path from start to finish. I think the rules should never get in the way of the game but that the rules are there to keep things fair for players and DMs alike. (also, I spell pretty badly...)

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:58 am

I'm Deadman, and my GMing background is far sparser than the illustrious histories above. That's why I'm currently relying on the simple yet effective Risus system until I have more experience. I enjoy games in which a player's creativity is at least as important as their dice rolls. I found out about Brennor's through JohnnyWeird, who I've known for pretty much literally my entire life. I'm enjoying playing in a few games, and hoping the first game I run here goes well.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Well. Gaming has been part of my life, in one form or another, from about 1982 til now. I started out playing Basic D&D (Which I still LOVE!) and branched out into all sorts. My group, locally, have played and run: D&D, AD&D, 3.0, 3.5, Little Fears, Wheel of Time, Rifts, Robotech, XCrawl, L5R, WoD: (Vampire (Masq), Werewolf, Changling, Immortals, Gargoyles, etc...), Some Shadowrun knockoff I can't remember the name of... Tons of games as you can see.

As for me, I like to run games that are either fun for the players. Lots of combat and interaction with NPC's, rewards, chances of valor and stuff. Or I like to run a game that really delves into what make people tick. Situations that test how much humanity you really have or how far you're willing to go to save the skins of your people or just yours. Human nature makes me smile... ;)

So I hope you all enjoy my game(s) and have fun. That's the point of the site and I'm sticking with it!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Fri May 30, 2008 9:15 pm

I am eldritchknight, and found Brennor's when Shurijo mentioned the site over at Worlds of DnD forums.

I have been gaming for about 15 years, and have played mostly D&D during that time, in all editions of the game. I have also played most of Palladium's games (Heroes Unlimited, Palladium Fantasy, Robotech, Rifts, Systems Failure) as well as BattleTech wargame, L5R, Shadowrun, CAV wargame and others!

I have tried to run a few games here on Brennor's, but all were short-lived. I hope that this game lasts longer than my previous games.

I live on the West Coast, in Washington. So I am the only GM to live on the West Coast, and am lazier even than Tet (PST) 8O !

Anyway, I hope all of my player's enjoy my game, and who knows, with 4th Edition D&D coming out next month, I may try to run another game!
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:46 pm

From Grimbold
Gaming: I have been gaming and GMing for a lot of time, starting with D&D1E, going on to MERP, Traveller, Midgard (a German RPG), Cyberpunk 2020, Rolemaster, Bloodlust (a brutal French game with intelligent magical weapons), Warhammer, Star Frontiers, D&D3.5, Star Wars D6, Paranoia and lots others I cannot remember now. I have been involved in live action RP on about 6-8 weekends.

I do play computer games, my favourite being the Elder Scrolls Series. When I can, I read a lot (from Tolkien to Neil Stephenson) or watch DVDs
I like two kinds of games: (a) plot- and character driven epic kind of games with a lot of character depth and character-plot-involvement and (b) fast and furious action driven adventures.

I am enjoying myself a lot on this site as I do not have enough time for pen and paper rpgs to still my yearning.