Book 1: Murder on the Lightning Rail

An Eberron game focusing on the 'noir' aspects of the setting more than the heroic ones. A group of down-on-their luck inquisitives works their way through the mysteries of the criminal underworld of Sharn.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Questions?

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:10 pm

"How do you know any of this Cedric?" Denamere is curious why Cedric is so worried about some vagabond looking man, and more so why he cares so much about Grondy.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm

"Know what Denamere? Its simple observation. The man's appearance and his allowance in first class means he is either powerful or powerfully sponsored. Add to that he is always with Grondy and boared with him, the conclusions aren't guaranteed but likely." He shrugs, turning to Kaine, "I'm simply saying don't question a powerful man's servants without his permission. Edward would be fine to start with if you'd rather not start with Grael or Grondy."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Actually this was started by the railchief and already four people have gone first. He glances around at the group who has already given the statements to the Hoiuse Orion scribe, so its late to start with anyone technically.

He shrugs "let's just get someone else in here before we reach our next stop." He agrees to Edward or anyone at this point knowing full well a powerfull man willtake offence at being first and not being first as well.
let's just do it, ed please

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:24 pm

Sudo nods and states, "Yes, our time is running short." The man takes a position so that he can look over the Orion scribe's shoulder at the statements.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The Testimony of Edward LaStrange

Post by Bitom » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:25 pm

A porter is sent and Edward LaStrange is brought into the dining car, wiping sleep from his eyes. He's a little bit disheveled, and his clothing has obviously been thrown on in a hurry. This isn't terribly surprising, as it's somewhere between midnight and dawn.

He looks around the room, yawns, and asks "What's going on?"
Although ICly, it probably makes more sense to have the rail chief ask for a statement and move on to the next person, that would be very boring. Therefore, rest assured that nobody will question your right to ask questions in this forum. The presence of the rail chief is enough to get their cooperation or something.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: The Testimony of Edward LaStrange

Post by od » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Cedric just leans against a wall. He's content to let one of the others take the lead here.
Not the lead interrogator here.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Denamere smiles at the man, "There has been an incident on board the Rail. House Orien has asked us to over see their taking of statements from each of the guest as to their whereabouts over the last eight hours. Unfortunately this matter requires some speed, and we were forced to have the Rail Chief wake you so we can get through questioning everyone onboard, we and House Orien do applogize for the inconvience. If you would be so kind to take a seat we shall begin right away so you can return to your cabin, I'm certain this won't take long."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:39 am

"We're also looking," Kaine says in an effort to make this look less like an interrogation and more like the taking of a statement, "in anything you saw that looked odd or in any way out of the ordinary."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Edward nods, wiping sleep from his eyes. "Don't know how much I can help you. I generally cast a spell of silence on my sleeping quarters when taking the rail to help me sleep. The first thing I was aware of since retiring was the porter knocking on my door."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:13 pm

Sudo contemplates Edward's response. 'If what he says is true, then he'll be no use as a witness.' He considers an alternative question and then asks, "Prior to retiring, did you notice anything odd?"
Last edited by Shurijo on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.