Book 1: Murder on the Lightning Rail

An Eberron game focusing on the 'noir' aspects of the setting more than the heroic ones. A group of down-on-their luck inquisitives works their way through the mysteries of the criminal underworld of Sharn.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Testimony of Edward LaStrange

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:26 pm

Denamere sighs, "So you went to bed around what time? Did anyone see you?" He taps his cane on the floor more upset about picking this man to talk to first now than he was before. "You slept right on through until now is what you are offically saying?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:41 pm

"Also," Kaine adds, "have you ever been to Karrnath?"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Edward shrugs, "You all saw me leave the dining car. That's when I went back to my cabin. I probably cast my spell and went to sleep a half-hour after that."

To Kaine, he nods. "Of course. I fought in the war. We were back and forth across the current border more times than I can count."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:59 pm

Kaine nods at the response. "Did you know Sir Vincent when you served?"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:04 pm

"As a rule, Enlisted men don't get the chance to meet enemy commanders."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:08 pm

"True," Kaine replies. But troops were captured; prisoners exchanged. While unlikely, such a meeting was conceivable. All things are possible in wartime." He nods. "I take it your answer is no, you didn't know him?" For all that Edward's answer makes a lot of sense, the diviner can't help but observe that he didn't actually answer the question.

"And you were an enlisted man?" he adds. "Did you take your magical training later? I thought all combat mages were at least minor officers."
Please correct me if I'm wrong about that last bit. I assume something like that would be fairly common knowledge this close to the end of the war.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 pm

The man smiles, "It's true, I was a lieutenant. It was more of an honorary title than anything, though, I never had command of anything. And the Karrnathi didn't take prisoners. They took recruits. As a simple answer, though, no. I never met the man. The closest I was to him was on this very car."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Looking around at the others he taps his cane once more, "I'm curious how deep your magical talents go Edward. I'm not accusing you or anything, but it seems to me that some magic must have been in use tonight with this terrible tragidy."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:01 pm

"Not very deep, I'm afraid." Says Edward, "My skills lie mostly in beefing up the front-line troops before we send them in. and in shooting Karrnathi undead when they break through the front line. I haven't pursued them much since the end of the war. The business of survival took precedence." This last he says with a meaningful look at Denemare, knowing that the fellow Cyran would have had to spend much of the last few years just making a place for himself.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Sudo was too young and enrolled in the university at the time of the last years of the Last War, so he did not serve in the war. Without knowing much about the war, he asks, "Your previous statement suggested that you knew of Sir Vincent and that he served for an opposing kingdom. How did you know Vincent served for Karranthi?"