Book 1: Murder on the Lightning Rail

An Eberron game focusing on the 'noir' aspects of the setting more than the heroic ones. A group of down-on-their luck inquisitives works their way through the mysteries of the criminal underworld of Sharn.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Questions?

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Denamere sits with the scribe provided, "Well my dear man, lets get this over with shall we...."

He then goes on to make clear statements about his location, the noise he heard, the people he saw outside his cabin and what happened then. He does not go into any detail about the room, or the investigation afterwards. He stands up and lets Kaine or the next man take a seat.
No deception on my part, but nothing extra after the fact.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:44 pm

After Denamere finishes, Kaine sits down. He is no nonsense in his attitude and gives a very concise, yet detailed account.

"I was in my room when I heard shouting outside in the corridor," he begins. "I went to the door and saw Cedric shouting that there was trouble in Sir Vincent's room. He said that he heard the sound of fighting, then silence. I quickly pulled on some clothes and went out into the corridor where we waited for the porter to arrive."

He continues, telling of the porter opening the door and he and Cedric going inside. Then he gives a surprisingly extensive description of what he saw in the room, leaving out no detail that he can remember.

"We disturbed nothing while we were in there. But after we had determined that Sir Vincent was dead and that his killer was not to be found, the porter had the two of us come out and he locked the door again."
As with Denamere, I'll tell the entire truth about what happened when we first went into Vincent's cabin. But I'll remain silent about the second expedition there.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:06 am

After Kaine provides his statement, Sudo walks over to the chair and takes a seat. The man begins his story stating, "I was having a glass of whiskey in the car when I was startled by the halfing's screams." He goes on informing the scribe of the details including the others as witnesses on his behalf to confirm his whereabouts and statements.
Same as others, tell truth

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Is this game just Trogdor, Shurijo and Myself now?
Denamere then stands, once the others are done as well. "Good, now then fellas, lets go and start rounding up the others. I can be rather silver tongued when needed, but lets be dipolmatic to start. He will then consider the list of folks, "Who first do you think?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:20 pm

"Why don't we start with that unkempt man whose name we can't seem to find," Kaine suggests. "I wouldn't recommend us questioning Grondy too soon - he's too likely to think we're picking on him because he's -well- a criminal and clam up. After the unkempt man, I say we speak to Grael and his staff. The dagger should give us all the reason we need to talk to him. And once we've spoken to the noble, how can Grondy feel insulted when we move on to him."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Cedric gives his statement simply, he's already told his story a half dozen times and he's certain he'll have another half dozen before the day is over. "Start with Grondy and Grael. Neither likely committed the murder, both are men who would hire people to do it. Both is also likely more than happy to spout their air tight alibi if they did hire some one. Besides, none of their people are talking to you without their permission and if they do talk the others in the car don't have much room to argue."

He waits a moment, "Besides if either of them is guilty we're screwed. They've got the coin to bribe Bryce when he arrives so anything short of absolute proof and hard evidence means they get off. Just make it clear we are trying to stop a bidding war, and save everyone some coin."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:24 pm

Sudo places some of his cards on the table stating, "I may be able to force a subject to speak the truth, but it is something that I can only use once or twice before we arrive at Sharn. If we can narrow down the suspect list and have a cooperating witness, then we may be able to discover the truth behind the murder."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:22 am

"Lets start with that unkempt man, if we can find him. He would draw the least suspicion from the others, and those with egos would certainly be offended if we start talking to them the wrong way before that man. Then we go after Grael and the others, lets hope they don't try and buy their way out of this with more than just coin."

Denamere nods to Sudo, "I have a few tricks too, always help to keep an unruly solider in line when he's causing a drop in morale. Come on lets get this started."
Ok lets round of the unkempt man, and go from there.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:55 pm

Cedric shakes his head, "Gentlemen, he clearly works for Grondy. And if he doesn't he's the probably some one of significant consequence that House Jorasco lets him into first class looking as he does. Starting with him is likely a huge mistake."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:10 am

"Well we have to start with someone," Kaine replies. "And it seems like whomever we pick might get offended."