Book 1: Murder on the Lightning Rail

An Eberron game focusing on the 'noir' aspects of the setting more than the heroic ones. A group of down-on-their luck inquisitives works their way through the mysteries of the criminal underworld of Sharn.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Testimony of Edward LaStrange

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:36 pm

Denamere nods to Edward, "Too true Edward, things have been hard all around for us." When he says us he mean Cyrans who servived the Day of Mourning. "I think we've asked the man enough questions." He listens to Sudo's last few, "Well alright a few more then we can move on to someone else."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Edward looks at Sudo, "Are you kidding? The man is famous." He turns to Denemare again. "Am I wrong?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Denamere shakes his head, "No, anyone should know of the man, anyone that fought in the war." He motions at the others with his cane, "This is over, my country man has answered our questions and its quite clear he's finished here. If you remember anything else, please let us know Edward. Thank you, you can go now." Just like that the Cyran officer dismisses the former Lt from the questioning room, not asking permission from the others. "Lets get the real suspects in here now and stop fooling around."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Cedric raises an eyebrow at Denamere after Edward has left. "Really? Because the man with no alibi, whom no one saw after the murder, who is known to have a connection to the war the dagger came from, and also known to have magical knowledge, which we believe the murder had, isn't a real suspect?" He looks at Denamere coldly for a moment. "Might I suggest you try to remain at least a little impartial in these proceedings?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:31 pm

"Any Cyran that served on the northern fronts with Karrnath would know of our victim, and magical users are a dime a dozen Cedric." He glances around at the group assembled to question the other passangers, "How many of us know some form of magic or another? I don't believe the man had any motive, we should move on to others, and we can come back to anyone should the need arrise. Lets not make this a further witch hunt against Cyrans, there are plenty of people that have a beef with Karrnath."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:41 pm

"We certainly don't want a witch hunt," Kaine offers. "And Denamere's right about another thing. WE need to get through the questioning as son as possible. But we do need to keep an open mid about motive. Right now, everyone's a possible suspect."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Denamere nods to Kaine, "Except for me. I'm not suspecting myself, I know where I was and what I was doing. Lets get the big shots in here and talk to them."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:53 am

Sudo shrugs and then nods along with the others. The young man didn't pay much attention to the history lessons about the Last War nor the records of the battles.

"Who is next on the list?" he asks.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:58 pm

"I suggest we interview whomever that scrabby looking man came in with and all his men and servants right afterwards." He watches as the other man leaves and comments, "We can come back to Edward, and its best that we seem impartial at this point, lest we tip off the killer or his friends before we understand the whole picture." He taps his cane on the floor thinking.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:09 pm

"Yes," Kaine says. "Let's move to the next person on the list."