Prelude: Sing hey! For the bath at close of day

The Empire lies at the centre of the Old World, bounded by tall mountains and dark forests. It is by far the most populous of the Human nations and claims to be the most powerful. Ruled by the commanding statesmanship of Emperor Karl-Franz, the Empire is a strong bulwark against the foul beasts and blasphemous cults that threaten the stability of the Old World. Gripped by division and confusion, hard times are coming to this powerful country. What has Fate in store for the simple and pious men and women who live at the monastery of St. Adelard?Run by the GM Grimbold
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Prelude: Sing hey! For the bath at close of day

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:54 am

The Knight manages to get his legs working, his body fighting the effects of whatever eldritch poison or spell that has been put upon them. He reaches over to the knife that he had placed next to the tub for protection and levers himself out of the tub. He advances on the old woman, not particularly sure he can hurt her yet in his weakened condition, but hoping to buy enough time for the others to recover and reinforce him.
Retrieve my knife and get out of the tub. I assume that's about all I can manage the first round of shrugging off this stuff.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 pm

"This is a test of the divine. Know that I will pass this one you vile demoness!!!" Franz then redoubles his efforts in an attempt to free himself of the wickedness of the tub...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:51 pm

Sir Wolfgang manages to get himself out of the bath and grabs his dagger. Franz' struggles against his paralysis is finally successful, and he finds he can move. Gandogar, the miner, as well.

Steps can be heard in front of the door.

The woman continues her strange chanting and a silver mist begins to enshroud her...
Franz: r28 vs 49, success.
Gandogar: r49 vs 51, success.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:23 am

The Apprentice Knight wishes that he had studied the eldritch magicks in the world a little more thoroughly. Most of his understandinng comes from folklore, rather than learned dissertations. While not a slow man by any measure, he looked more towards martial study and lore, things that are solid and unchanging. So, without any further information to draw from, he pulls back to what he does know. An enemy is in front of him, attempting to further use her thrice-damned magicks on them yet again! Still feeling groggy, he shakes his head and lunges for the woman, stabbing with his knife.
All-Out Attack. +20% WS to the attack. With the -10% from the lingering effects of the drug, I have a net +10% as far as I know. If too far away for that, instead do a Charge Attack.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:25 pm

A voice can be heard from outside the door.
"In the name of the Heldenhammer, what is going on here?", then the door bursts open and Victor, Naldo and Gotwin burst in, followed by the innkeeper.

The room is long and there are three niches with wooden tubs separated by wooden walls. Gandogar and Franz are in two tubs and Sir Wolfgang has just exited his tub, holding a dagger. An old woman in peasant's clothes is standing before Franz and is enshrouded in silver mist.

Sir Wolfgang reacts fastest and lunges out at the woman, he charges through the thickening mist, hitting nothing but air. Slowly, the mist dissipates. The woman has disappeared...

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:59 am

Sir Wolfgang's wet feet slap loudly against the floor as he rushes past the space the woman used to inhabit. He looks around groggily, making small stabs all around him. His mind is still working on functioning properly, and is not certain if her disappearance was real, or if he wasn't seeing correctly. Standing naked and dripping, he looks at his companions. "What happened?"

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:50 am

Franz begins to rant loudly, "Demoness's, succubi, dark hags I know not which, but she is one I am sure of it!". The martyr now standing in all his glory before the crowd, points a accusing digit at the quickly disapating vapors. He then reaches over to his robes and throws it over his naked form. "I don't know what she was searching for but I have seen her now and will make note should we meet again. For she has ruined an otherwise relaxing bath". Two wet feet come to the flooring as the zealot exits the tub in disgust and spits where the woman stood just moments before...

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Naldo rushes behind the others and into the bathroom, shovel in hand and ready to smack anything foul or malevolent. Upon seeing his companions' naked forms (and no apparent enemy), the large hunchback quickly averts his eyes and waits until they're properly clothed once more; whereupon he inquires.

"Is everything alright...?"
Naldo is of course referring to the gems!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

s1lverstyle
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Prelude: Sing hey! For the bath at close of da

Post by s1lverstyle » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:25 am

Gandogars eyes open suddenly as he feels great pain erupting in his chest. It does not take long before he realizes his sight is very blurry and he can't breath.
"Air!"
With great effort he lifts his head up to the surface.
As the cold air stings his face, the dwarf coughs up a lot of water and heaves himself over the side of the tub.

Still taking great gasps of air he groggily steps out of the bath, loudly cursing the water.

"By Grungni's arse, Ah shouldda listened ta me great great grandfather! One bath a year is enough! blasted water, how can someone wash himself when this stuff drowns ye before ye can even get hold of soap?! oh Ah swear that when Ah..."
Only then the miner turns around and notices the weird mist and the onlookers. His face turns red as he notices he is standing there butt-naked.

"Can't a dwarf have nae privacy anymore when takin' a bath?"
sorry for the delay in posting, had some other bussiness to attend to. enough time to post now.

EarinShaad
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Prelude: Sing hey! For the bath at close of da

Post by EarinShaad » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:45 am

Victor slowly lowers his weapon, then casts a quick glance through the chamber. He curses softly. "Sigmars hammer, was it the witch again? Is she after us still?"
Realizing the innkeeper standing at the door the young initiate turns around. Seeing the big man standing there with the axe Victor flinches, and raises his weapon again. "What is the meaning of this?" he asks with a aggressive voice. "The witch was one of your maids? Were you trying to rob us, man?"