1171 - Month of the Serpent

Brave New World is a Legend of the Five Rings, 3rd Edition Revised game set shortly after the coronation of Iweko I and the establishment of the Iweko dynasty.

It begins with the first Topaz Championship since Iweko I took the throne, as the first generation to achieve their gempukku in the Iweko dynasty takes their first steps into adulthood. During the Championship PCs will have the opportunity to set the stage for their futures through their experiences at the tournament.

Assuming there is sufficient support for continuing after the Topaz Championship ends, the campaign will continue as the PCs attempt to carve out their place in an empire once again ruled by the divine.
WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Re: 1171 - Month of the Serpent

Post by WinterRat1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:56 am

Hour of the Dragon (8AM '€" 10AM) '€" Day 2 '€" The Tournament Grounds
Kakita Takashi

Narumi smiles at Takashi's words. "I look forward to seeing a match between the famous Kakita and Mirumoto styles. I am certain it would be a pleasure to watch," she responds pleasantly.

WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WinterRat1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:57 am

Hour of the Dragon (8AM - 10AM) - Day 2 - The "Jade Thread"
Kakita Yasu

The seamstress bows deeply. "They shall be ready as you have instructed, Kakita-sama. Where do you want them delivered?"

MindWright
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MindWright » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Hour of the Dragon (8AM '€" 10AM) '€" Day 2 '€" Kakita Dueling Academy
Bayushi Mizuki
Hida Shinobu

Tsuruchi Ryo

"Never fear Tanaka-sama," Ryo chuckles. "I am sure none of us were truly offended. Your greeting merely sounded odd, coming upon the heel of Yasu-sama's invitation to dinner this evening."

"We all understand that your duty as senpai comes before such pleasantries as this. Were you visiting our schools, we would be tasked likewise. It is the sort of duty that tends to fall on students chosen to compete in the Topaz Tournament."

He might be past his gempukku, Ryo considers. If so, I am not afraid to offer insult, but if not, then I need to know if he is my opposition.

"Will you be competing as well?"

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:49 am

Hour of the Dragon (8AM - 10AM) - Day 2 - The Merchant Quarter
Kakita Yasu

Yasu looks to the lady seamstress and speaks politely once again. "I knew I could rely on your discretion in this task. I shall speak kindly of your services in court during the championship". The Kakita then turns, heading for the door before speaking again over her shoulder, "I shall send a messanger to retrieve the items when they are complete. Thank you again". With that the courtier exits the building with a smile on her face and begins to make her way to the Laughing Carp to prepare for dinner...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:56 pm

Bayushi Mizuki
Hida Shinobu
Tsuruchi Ryo

"I do not think that you have to apologize for that, Tanaka-sama, but I have to apologize myself, since I should not have assumed different than that", Mizuki says bowing deeply. "I am sorry for that. Of course you had to look after other students."

Smiling apologetically she concludes, glimpsing at the mantis. "I was not offended in any way. I am more afraid I offended Tanka-sama with my curiosity, Tsuruchi-san. Although I am inquisitive about Tanaka-sama's involvement as well."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:48 am

Hida Shinobu
Bayushi Mizuki
Tsuruchi Ryo

The big Hida listens in silence, standing in the martial stance of the Crane. He looks oddly graceful, standing on one leg with perfect balance. He occasionally flows to standing on the other leg to keep from cramping up.