1171 - Month of the Serpent

Brave New World is a Legend of the Five Rings, 3rd Edition Revised game set shortly after the coronation of Iweko I and the establishment of the Iweko dynasty.

It begins with the first Topaz Championship since Iweko I took the throne, as the first generation to achieve their gempukku in the Iweko dynasty takes their first steps into adulthood. During the Championship PCs will have the opportunity to set the stage for their futures through their experiences at the tournament.

Assuming there is sufficient support for continuing after the Topaz Championship ends, the campaign will continue as the PCs attempt to carve out their place in an empire once again ruled by the divine.
WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Re: 1171 - Month of the Serpent

Post by WinterRat1 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:59 am

Hour of the Dragon (8AM '€" 10AM) '€" Day 2 '€" Market Square
Kakita Yasu

The servant girl bows meekly. Without looking up, she asks hesitantly, "Is there anything else I should tell the owner, Kakita-sama?"

WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WinterRat1 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:07 am

Hour of the Dragon (8 AM - 10 AM) - Day 2 - Main Street
Mirumoto Tojo

Naseru pauses. He seems to be struggling with how much to reveal. Finally he says, "I do, Mirumoto-san, but I must respectfully ask you to refrain from inquiring about the details. If in the next few days I achieve what I have come to the Topaz Championship to achieve, I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have at that time."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:10 am

Hour of the Dragon (8AM - 10AM) - Day 2 - Kakita Dueling Academy
Hida Shinobu
Bayushi Mizuki
Tsuruchi Ryo
Kakita Yasu

The large Hida returns to his practice, but with a greatly different style. Instead of the vigorous and violent movements previously done, his new katas are smooth and serene. This leaves him open to conversation, while still cooling down his muscles from their previous activity. "I agree with you, Bayushi-san, she has likely passed her Gempukku. However, that does not mean she is not a contestant. I myself have passed my Clan's tests before travelling here."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:06 am

Hour of the Dragon (8AM - 10AM) - Day 2 - The "Jade Thread"
Kakita Yasu

The young servant girl's doey eyes stare at the earth, as her head is bowed awaiting an answer. Yasu not liking the youth Mino had assigned turns gracefully and quick, "I have told what is to be said, there is nothing more. Now go or their will be consequences". Though the Kakita's words are soft spoken they sting the servant as if the courtier had slapped her.

Turning once again Yasu now searches the store for mistress Tsuke, the Jaded Thread's proprietor. The kimono's must be of fine quality, a fitting gift for clan dignataries and this is her best chance of finding the garb needed...

WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WinterRat1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:20 am

Kakita Yasu

As Yasu snaps at her, the servant girl immediately bows fearfully. "Hai, Kakita-sama." Immediately she scurries away to fulfill her task.

Turning back to the shop, the Crane spots Mistress Tsuke, the proprietor. Bowing respectfully to the courtier, the seamstress asks politely, "May I serve you this morning, Kakita-sama?"

MindWright
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MindWright » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Hour of the Dragon (8AM - 10AM) - Day 2 - Kakita Dueling Academy
Tsuruchi Ryo
Bayushi Mizuki
Hida Shinobu

Ryo turns to Shinobu, "Yes, my friend, but such are the traditions among the Crab."

"Most clans' gempukku trials aren't so dangerous. It makes sense for the Crab to send competitors who have already survived their ordeal. It would be rather embarrassing after all, if the Topaz Champion were to die while attempting to complete his gempukku within the clan."

"Crane traditions are more formal, so it seems unlikely that she would be competing after her gempukku. But you have a point; I doubt that girl believes traditions apply to her."

Kijuro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kijuro » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:54 am

Mirumoto Tojo

"Of course, Naseru-san. My apologies for prying."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:33 pm

Hour of the Dragon (8AM '€" 10AM) '€" Day 2 '€" Kakita Dueling Academy
Bayushi Mizuki
Hida Shinobu
Tsuruchi Ryo

"Oh, I did not think that even you have past your gempukku, Hida-sama", Mizuki says turning towards the Crab and makes an apologizing bow. "You stature sure is intimidating, so I should have thought of that. I am sorry, Hida-sama. What about you, Tsuruchi-san,Matsu-san? Are you already past you gempukku, too, and am I the only one of us who may pass it at the championship?", she asks blushing slightly with embarrassment.
Last edited by Hayabusa on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:21 am

Kakita Yasu

Yasu spies the seamstress and quickly closes the distance. "I admire your work Mistress Tsuke. Doji Mino sama has planned a dinner for some dignitaries from the other clans and has sent me to find gifts befitting their stations. I have of course thought of you first". Yasu politely pauses then continues, "I seek kimono's of the finest quality to offer Doji sama's guest. She has claimed that cost is of no consequence. Do you have what is needed?"...

WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WinterRat1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 am

Mirumoto Tojo

"There is no need to apologize Mirumoto-san. You did not pry. I simply wished to forestall further questions I already know I am unable to answer at this time."