1171 - Month of the Serpent

Brave New World is a Legend of the Five Rings, 3rd Edition Revised game set shortly after the coronation of Iweko I and the establishment of the Iweko dynasty.

It begins with the first Topaz Championship since Iweko I took the throne, as the first generation to achieve their gempukku in the Iweko dynasty takes their first steps into adulthood. During the Championship PCs will have the opportunity to set the stage for their futures through their experiences at the tournament.

Assuming there is sufficient support for continuing after the Topaz Championship ends, the campaign will continue as the PCs attempt to carve out their place in an empire once again ruled by the divine.
MindWright
Level 5
Level 5

Re: 1171 - Month of the Serpent

Post by MindWright » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Hour of the Dragon (8AM ' 10AM) ' Day 2 ' Kakita Dueling Academy
Tsuruchi Ryo
Hida Shinobu
Bayushi Mizuki

Ryo also bows, though not quite so formally.

"I am Tsuruchi Ryo. It is a pleasure to meet you Tanaka-sama, and a pleasure to be here."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Hour of the Dragon (8AM - 10AM) - Day 2 - The "Jade Thread"
Kakita Yasu

Yasu, usually the victim of impatience, maintains her pleasant demeanor and addresses the seamstress once more. "Kimono's of course, fine quality kimono's, ..." The courtiers voice lowering slightly, "...And perhaps a small bit more if you are willing to keep a secret and work quickly". The corner of her lips turning ever so slightly upwards...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Hour of the Dragon (8AM '€" 10AM) '€" Day 2 '€" Kakita Dueling Academy
Bayushi Mizuki
Hida Shinobu
Tsuruchi Ryo

Mizuki bows deeply to the Crane.

"My name is Bayushi Mizuki", she says. "And it is an honor to meet you, Doji-sama and to be allowed to practice here. May I ask why you want to know our names?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:33 pm

Hida Shinobu
Bayushi Mizuki
Tsuruchi Ryo

The Hida raises an eyebrow at the new visitor. After a moment he shakes his head sharply, as though reminding himself of something. Quickly thereafter he speaks calmly and clearly, "This one is named Hida Shinobu, of the Crab Clan." That is all he volunteers at the moment.

WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WinterRat1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:42 am

Hida Shinobu
Bayushi Mizuki
Tsuruchi Ryo

The Crane appears genuinely puzzled at Mizuki's question. "You are guests here at the Kakita Dueling Academy, and I presume here in Tsuma to compete at the Topaz Championship. It would be remiss of me not to greet you."

Raising an eyebrow inquisitively, he asks, "Are the customs of welcoming visitors different in the Scorpion lands? I hope I have not given offense by my greeting."

WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WinterRat1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:44 am

Kakita Yasu

Mistress Tsuke bows. "I would never dream of betraying your confidence, Kakita-sama. As for working quickly, these hands shall work as swiftly as they are able. May I know a little more about the work to be done so I may give you a more accurate estimate of the time required?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 am

Bayushi Mizuki
Hida Shinobu
Tsuruchi Ryo

"Oh no they are not that different, Doji-sama", Mizuki says smiling with an apologizing bow. Not if you observed us fors ome time, before you came to greet us. "I am sorry, but I wondered why you were doing it now, as Kakita-sama left us just a short time ago. I only thought that there were no one else interested in us right now, since no one came with her or directly after her. I am sorry for my misapprehension, Doji-sama."

inirlan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by inirlan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Hour of the Dragon (8AM '€" 10AM) '€" Day 2 '€" The Tournament Grounds
Kakita Takashi

Takashi answers to Utaku Narumi's honesty with the same : honest words free of deceit.

"I do not know if other samurai of my clan will be joining the championship, but I see no reason why there wouldn't be any, that isn't that important actually, what is the most important here is how oneself represents one's clan not how others do it for you, and I hope to be worthy of the Crane. However I can tell you that there will be ample occassion to spark the debates over Kakita's and Mirumoto's swordmanship schools, for I had a sparing match with a skilled bushi named Mirumoto Tojo, and I look forward to meet him in the iaijutsu competition."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:09 am

Kakita Yasu

Yasu's fan appears from nowhere and snaps open as she begins to speak quietly to the seamstress. Words just audible to the older woman cascading from the beauty's lips. Then as her fan once again snaps shut she utters, "They must be delivered no later than the hour of the goat today. Will all be ready or should I seek another for the task?". The words sounding sincere, but their meaning clear enough...

WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WinterRat1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:54 am

Bayushi Mizuki
Hida Shinobu
Tsuruchi Ryo

Tanaka smiles apologetically at Mizuki's explanation. "Ah, now I understand Bayushi-san. I apologize for my late greeting. As one of the senior students here at the Academy, I was assisting some of the other students earlier, and did not have time to greet you all properly. Yasu-san has no such responsibilities, and is free to come and go at her leisure. I meant no offense with the timing of my greeting. Please accept my apology."