OOC Chatter

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

OOC Chatter

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:56 pm

This forum is for anything of which you feel the other players should be made aware. So fee free to use this thread for whatever chatter you deem fit.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm

To start things off. I have added three players to the forum, each of you has permissions to write and change things here so go ahead and post up your character information and I will have game starting in the very near future. If you don't have your character in to me before game starts then you can drop in after approvals and join up with the group.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:09 pm

I'm finalizing skill choices and feats and that sort of thing. But I wanted to explore the 'special' ability you spoke about. I'm still trying to get a grip on how you'd like to work this.

Any suggestions? It seems like it would be the focus of the character, so it's been a real stumbling block for me.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Add it in to your sheet as a force skull, then spend skill points into it as you would any other.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Doesn't using a Force skull get you Dark Side points?

;-)

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:03 pm

BrokenWire2086 wrote:Add it in to your sheet as a force skill, then spend skill points into it as you would any other.
Oops, I didn't do that. Forgot it. Will rework it now and send it then.
Are we still with the TXT-files as the others don't work?

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:32 pm

BW adds a dark side point for showing typo's in the ST's posting.

On the issue of dark side points I suppose its a good time to mention my view on what the dark side is and where it comes from.

The force exists outside of the moral values of human nature, it has existed since before the period of recorded history. Because of this, the idea that those who commit evil acts will fall to the dark side is not entirely acurate, though the correlation is close.

The force flows through the galexi as a force of nature, Jedi sit as conduits, those capable of influincing the nature and path of the force. To this end the force has a will of its own, it breaths and acts acording to traditions that are without regular thought but which holds true to rules which can be observed by those in tune with it. To follow the light side of the Force is to remain in tue with the natural laws of the Force. Primarily the Force promotes life, it seeks an interconnected understanding of events before and in the past, and looks to exist in harmony with the natural order of things.

In contrast the Dark Side of the Force is a perversion to the natural order of things. Here the more obvious executions of the Dark Side are in force lightning, choke, and such direct assaults against creatures life. But there are acts which fall under the Dark Side that are not so 'evil'. Keeping someone allive past the point of death, holds back their life from returning to the force and falls under the Dark Side, Battle meditation controls the free will of such a large number of people at one time that it opens the Jedi to a flow of violence and agression and shuts off his connection to the normal flow of the force. Again the book has a list of which powers are dark side and if you have a question about anything else just ask, Ill let you know before you act (if you ask).

Accumulating dark side points. As your character commits acts which are against the natural order of the force you will develop dark side points. These points are not evil, they are selfish and fearful. What occurs in a jedi falling towards the dark side is they nolonger exist with a flow of the force but instead begin to pool the force within them. Fearful that the force will not return to them and thinking they must hord the energy rather than let it flow past, the Dark Jedi becomes a batteri for the force. This pooling of the force is against the natural order and creates a stagnation that has been labled the dark side.

Mechanically the dark side points represent the number of force points which are stored inside your character, they can bee spent and used as normal force powers for things not labeled as Light Side abilities. So if you have 5 force points and 2 dark side points, then you have in effect (3 points that can be used for any action and 2 that can only be used for neutral or dark side abilities) You will not accumulate more dark side points than light as they simply replace one for one and do not stack. Also to use dark side points for dark side actions tends to not lead to more dark side points, but can if things continue down the path.

As for the effects of what developing more dark side points will do to your character... Ill let you know.

Go ahead and post questions so we can be sure to be on a firm footing about what the force is and how it develops in a character as it is a strong portion of the game. And before you ask, I have no idea what Quigon was talking about with miticlorients and nether do te other masters.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Ok, games started and approved players will be added as we go. Sorry the introduction was not as long as I normally would have posted though being half blind for the next couple days left it as either wait or post a short intro. Enjoy and if their are any questions just go ahead and ask.

This game is for the enjoyment of everyone who plays in it, so if your not having fun or want to go another direction, just let me know and we will adjust fire.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:00 pm

I'm kinda surprised, since it seems that Grimbold will join this game after all.
See?

What will Grim play?

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:10 am

Grim's already joining today? Damn, that's fast.
Does Lyn know him already? Or anything?
Because the New Jedi Order isn't that large, with only a few hundred Jedi.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."