PREAMBLE: Regrouped and Time to Saddle Up!

"In a sullen mining town called Diamond Lake, cultists beholden to the Way of the Ebon Triad walk widdershins around an ancient pool, chanting time-lost rituals to summon a tripartite god. Three days to the south, where the hills meet the fetid shores of a great swamp, a tribe of lizardfolk gathers to raid a human fortress, whipped into frenzy by a zealous black dragon. The hills crawl with undead creatures infested with wriggling green worms. Hulking abominations in the distant Rift Canyon undulate with paroxysms of near-forgotten obedience to a long-absent lord. They sense with excitement the impending return of their wicked sovereign. Kyuss stirs in his prison outside reality. The Age of Worms is at hand!"

The Age of Worms Adventure Path is a complete Dungeons & Dragons campaign that will take your adventurers from the down-and-dirty days of 1st level to the heights of power at 20th.

Run by the DM Eanwulf.
Anorin
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Stop Look What's That Sound

Post by Anorin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:22 am

Arianna pulls away from the hole, "can't see a blasted thing its too dark." Looking over at the dwarf, "do you mind?" Arianna though still uncertain as to what's back there, but has a fair idea, figures the badgers won't be too dangerous so long as they keep this room closed, she sets about binding their wounds with whatever is on hand, ignoring any attempts to stop her. She says, "I suspect the badgers were merely defending their burrow, and they won't attack us so long as we steer clear of this room, and if I'm wrong we're perfectly capable of killing them in the future."

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:31 am

Marak steps forward to look into the hole. "We get done clearin' da place an' ye wanna save em? I never understand ya pointy ears! Shield da light from me eyes." Marak looks diligently into the hole letting his eyes adjust to the darkness. He expects to see the badgers' young, feeling a small pang of guilt, but not letting it show.
Peer into the hole adjusting to the night vision. Prepare for anything to jump out and attack the face.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:45 am

Won't bother rolling for the obvious; will, however, roll secretly for something else! BTW, the badgers have both bled to death by the time you make your discovery. :evil:
Sure enough; after several moments of staring into the darkened hole, Marak soon discovers three small cubs belonging to the pair of badgers that they just finished killing; lying huddled together in the darkened recesses of their burrow!
MARAK? The burrow itself twists and winds for about 8 ft. or so before opening up into a larger (almost too large for a family of simple badgers) area. The walls of this recess appear to be littered with various roots, rocks, and other debris; amongst which are several pieces of tattered paper - much like the torn and shredded pages of a book or ledger!
Last edited by Eanwulf on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:46 am

"What next?" Jonus blurts out, "A bevy of trolls? This house has more creatures in it than a wizard's menagerie."

He looks around and sighs, before saying, "This house should have been condemned long ago, for the good of the people. If any of the town's children had come out here to play, they could have been hurt. I'm just glad we came out here before any of them became adventurous enough to play 'cave explorer.' Those badgers would have been a nasty surprise for any child."

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:12 am

Marak reaches deep into the hole, attempting to grab as many of the papers as he can, but sadly they escape his clutches. After not being able to reach them, he then turns to Kalen. "Thar be papers down har ye may be lookin' fer. Ye'll haf ta crawl in der ta get em doe. I'm too big fer da hole." he says standing back up. Ye might wan' ta get da cubs out o' der too. There's three of them. Dey can't stay in dar wit nun ta take care o' um." I hope there be sumplace in town ta take dees buggers.
Last edited by arkahm on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:17 am

"I don't like the look of this," Kalen says. "Why is it I always end up getting the short end of this stick?"

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:15 am

"You ain't got ta likes it Kalen," Marak replies brusquely and playfully, "You just gots ta doo's it!" Rather reluctant and snorting with disgust, Kalen eventually begins to crawl upon his hands and knees and into the badger's burrow!
Check for a PM Trogdor!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:17 am

Grumbling as he worms his way though the small tunnel, Kalen eventually makes it to the badger's home. "Yup," he calls back. Three of the cutest little badgers you'd ever want to see - not that I can imagine wanting to see badgers, cute or otherwise." He reaches into his pocket and gets a bit of food that he drops to the squealing babies. "We'll have to figure out what to do with them."

Then he gets quiet as he starts to look around the burrow. After a good five or ten minutes he gives them a shout. "These papers are definitely about the mine," he calls. "And it seems like this area wasn't dug by the badgers. It's a hidden room - can't tell exactly how you get to it - maybe the badger's tunnel is all that's left of the door. But I'm gonna try and hand hte baby badgers out and give this place a proper look see. Marak, hand your cloak in. That'll make a good sling for them."

Anorin
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Anorin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:19 am

Arianna gimaces as she sees the badgers are already dead, upon pulling out the cubs Arianna grumbles, "poor little things," Arianna pokes her head in, "do you need some light Kalen?" Preparing to hand off the enchanted wood should he ask for it.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:26 am

"It wouldn't hurt," he calls out. "But really, this place is gonna take a good long while to clear out. Might be days before we could uncover everything that's in here. But it's useful stuff. Has to do with the mine. And who knows what else they might have hid in a secret room that we might find when we clear the rubble."