CHAPTER ONE: The Whispering Cairn

"In a sullen mining town called Diamond Lake, cultists beholden to the Way of the Ebon Triad walk widdershins around an ancient pool, chanting time-lost rituals to summon a tripartite god. Three days to the south, where the hills meet the fetid shores of a great swamp, a tribe of lizardfolk gathers to raid a human fortress, whipped into frenzy by a zealous black dragon. The hills crawl with undead creatures infested with wriggling green worms. Hulking abominations in the distant Rift Canyon undulate with paroxysms of near-forgotten obedience to a long-absent lord. They sense with excitement the impending return of their wicked sovereign. Kyuss stirs in his prison outside reality. The Age of Worms is at hand!"

The Age of Worms Adventure Path is a complete Dungeons & Dragons campaign that will take your adventurers from the down-and-dirty days of 1st level to the heights of power at 20th.

Run by the DM Eanwulf.
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Rage Against the Washing Machine

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:54 pm

"Good shot," Kalen says, letting his sling stop swinging. "Of course now you're gonna want me to go back down there, aren't you?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:05 am

Marak is shouldering his shield as Kalen asks, "I think we should all go down in there now." The dwarf reaches up and unhooks his backpack setting it on the ground. "I doubt anything else is in the water, wouldn't have lasted long with that thing in there with it." He drops the back and slings his shield on his back strapping it on. Slipping his axe into his belt he pats the head of the weapon. "I think if we have some sodding light..." he glances at Brother Jonus, "...and the water's not to rough I can manage a swim. I need a bath anyhow, wolf crap, blood, and whatever else I've got on me, this water can't be much worse right?" The dwarf looks ready to risk the water now.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:46 pm

"Well only something that's even more dangerous could have survived..." Alyanna states just as Marak takes his first step into the water. "But worry not, I'll be at your side..." states the Half-Elven Huntress as she slings her bow over her shoulder and grasps her spear firmly wading into the water again.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Marak pauses at Alyanna's comment, "Hmmm, didn't consider that. Ah sod it! I'm willing to risk it, no guts no glory! The Stone protects." He waits for everyone that will be going, and for a Light cantrip to take effect again before he will head into the water behind someone that is a better swimmer.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:27 pm

"In for a copper, in for a gold," Kalen says moving forward again. "Besides, I'm already soaking wet." He takes a few steps into the water. "Lets hope that was the only nasty in here." He starts taking some deep breaths before plunging back in the water.

Grimtina
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Grimtina » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:54 pm

"Silas cannot go in there," Arianna repeats. "And there is no way I'm leaving him all alone, not with probably more beetles and whatnot around."

The cat hides behind her, hissing at the water.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Marak sighs, "Sod it! I think the cat can manage a few bugs. Besides we killed everything already. Send her back to the camp if you have to." The dwarf shakes his head not really willing to derail the exploration of the ancient ruins because of a cat.
Last edited by Vardaen on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:29 am

Alyanna looks at the Elven Wizard skeptically as she turns around in the water: "Good if we happen to discover a new path some where in there you'll have to decide between camping alone or wetting your kitty..." with that she strides further into the water.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:03 pm

"Light. We need light first." Marak glances at the Everburnign Torch, with the death of the Elemental he's hoping it will 'turn back on', but a good light spell on the lead swimmer would be a big help. "Kalen, you lead us, you've been in the drink before so you know the best way to go. I'm a slow swimmer so I'll go toward the back so I don't hold up anyone else, and I can see just fine in this darkness so no worries if I loose the light." Marak wades into the water up to his knees and shivers, "Damn its cold. Arianna, you and Silas wait here if you have to, or do whatever the cat wants, we are going forward."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Kalen nods and settles into the water. "It gets better once you've been in a while." He shivers a bit. "Then it gets worse. I'd like to be out before it gets worse."
Yea, light would be great.