OOC chatter

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: OOC chatter

Post by Bitom » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:46 pm

you wrote:But Bitom! There's no spot for Credit balance on my sheet!
Well, think about it... What is the balance of your checking account. No, don't get online to check. Jsut tell me.

You don't know, do you? Not down to the penny.

And you don't even live in a totalitarian state run by an insane computer that processes thousands of minor fines and bonuses per second.

You know when you check your balance, so does your character.

Unlike your character, you can count on your balance being the same when you check it tomorrow if you don't spend any money. Life in Alpha complex isn't that simple. So it's really easier just to swipe your ME card and hope it's not denied.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:17 am

Hm... well then.

Lets do it this way:

Every time I need to look at a sheet and the google docs sheet it does not contain the information I require, it will cost you a perversity point.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:45 pm

I have tagged in johnnyWierd to play Tet-R-NAK-3 (No, this won't be confusing at all!)

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:24 am

Welcome aboard Johnny Weird :)
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:58 am

Doom and pyg have both lost 1 Perversity point for not having their google doc sheets filled in when I needed info from them.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:12 pm

OK, here's the deal...

I think the PbP format kills this game.

JW hasn't posted in forever. Even Catty, the game's primary proponent, hasn't been posting. And even when people are posting, I often feel that I'm advancing the game in spite of peoples actions, not because of them. the perversity battles that make paranoia combat so much fun just make it take longer in PbP.

It also falls into the "Comedy game trap" where people feel the need to be funny instead of useful, and nothing ever gets done. (Not to be confused with the other comedy game trap where players decide that the game has no rules and they can be GM's. see my incredibly short-lived Toon game for an example of this.)

In short, I don't think anyone's having fun anymore, and that means the game should be over.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 pm

I am :( I just did not have anything to do this round due to a drill in my arm
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)