Chapter Two - To Kraken's Cove

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Chanur » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:00 am

"We have to make a stop in Kigante's room!"

Leaning over conspiratorially to Berek while ribbing him with his elbow, Chanur loudly whispers,

"I hate to see her leave, but I love to watch her go!"
Cleaned up some horrible sentence structure.
Last edited by Chanur on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:19 am

Daerith watches the Captain go, an glances over at Chanur shaking his head with a smile. "Alright, lets check this Kigante's room, then load up our chests to the Sea Wyvern and get off this cursed rock."
Go check out the bedroom she mentioned, search it quickly, check in dressers, underbed, on corpses, inside closets, etc. Do it fast, then move on to the chests we left behind and... grab anything else easily portable on the way out. Epscially any ship stuff in the trophy room that might be helpful on board. Detect Magic cantrip if it helps.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:03 am

Chanur follows Daerith and searches the room.
Checking under rugs, behind dressers, behind wall hangings, anything that might hide a sword.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:57 am

"Hurry up," Wavedancer complains, "We need to get to this ship and set sail." The aquan elf rubs his face, sighing. He's having trouble thinking clearly. "I think I remember how to sail," he admits, "I am not feeling well. Like walking through a fog." He sighs, hoping the others will not take their sweet time looting and they can get out of this place safely and quickly.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:23 pm

"Aight let's get those treasure chests. a dwarf can't leave a treasure behind specially if it's so heavy." Berek remarks. Clearly his fear for lady Vanderboren's livelihood can't outmatch his greed and it might be better to help him drag some of the heavy coffers to their new ship than arguing the point.
Big Pimpin...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

A Hasty Retreat

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:07 am

With Lavinia in danger, the group springs into action. Harliss Javell has barely disappeared into the eastern passage when everyone picks up and heads west. You stop briefly in the chamber just to the south, the fine chamber with a dead, well-dressed pirate - no doubt Captain Kigante - surrounded by the remains of five of his mutated companions, all covered in the dust of dried acid.

You toss the room quickly at Harliss's suggestion, Chanur and Berek using skills learned from a career in smuggling and thieving, respectively, and Daerith casting a spell to detect magic. Chanur finds the rapier under the bed, and it looks as nice as Harliss said. Daerith can tell that a ring Kigante wears, a gold band with several aquamarine stones, is magical, as is the rapier. And Berek, always the practical one, checks out the nearly ruined desk to find a few bars of silver and a vial of expensive green ink. Unfortunately, the rest of the room has been trashed by the pirate captain's last defense.

The last of the loot uncovered, you head back to the trophy chamber to grab the chests of coin you left there. Nothing else looks of intrinsic value, at least on its face. Most of what you see are mementos of a long career of piracy, keepsakes from battles long past and cutting out expeditions of note. Any of the various items in the room might be of interest to a historian or a collector of maritime curios. But there's nothing you think you could sell for easy coin.

After that, it's out through the prison - still full of angry, mutated prisoners - and the room where the silk was hanging. You leave the wet and rotting silk behind since it would take too long to load, and emerge, once more, onto the beach of the hidden cove. Much of the fire has burned out, though patches remain. And thankfully, the Sea Wyvern remains securely tied up and ready to sail. You also see, again, the random boxes and barrels that have been strewn across the beach and battered by hungry pirates in search of food. You had told yourself that you'd search the beach later. But now that later has arrived, you find that time is more precious than you'd expected.

Chanur hops onto the deck of the Sea Wyvern and quickly assesses the situation. With the help of a few able sailors, which he has in the form of Fin and Wavedancer, and a few others to haul on ropes, he thinks he can get the ship moving in good time. You'll be sailing her short-handed, even so. But unless it comes to blow, you should be safe. The only question now is whether you'll take the time to pick up the cutter you left tied up a mile or so up coast. Given tide and wind, the whole process could take hours.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: A Hasty Retreat

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:15 am

Daerith, hauling on ropes to get the chests up on board of the ship while Chanur checks out the sea worthiness of the Sea Wyvern, comments. "We've left Lavina's sloop up the coast. I don't like the idea of leaving it there for pirates or worse to get their hands on it. I don't either like the idea of leaving Lavina at the mercy of the Captain's First Mate and some Bullwugs, nasty frog folk that they are." He secures the chest and ties off another rope. A quick study he will do what Chanur tells him on board the ship, and uses his magic whenever possible to air the group in furthering their goal and speed.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:23 am

"I would believe that Lady Lavina would value her life more than her sloop." Sindu states. "We should make haste to try and beat Harliss' First Mate to the estate. We are also in need of temple healing, do not forget. Wasting time with a boat could cost valuable time." He assists in getting the chests aboard and defers to Chanur, helping to get the ship underway.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:52 am

Shouting orders to make sail Chanur works to get the ship going.

"I don't like the thought of leaving the ship, but Lady Vanderboren might be in danger. Daerith you are closest to her, I leave the decision to you. We should be fine short handed unless there is a storm or pirates...I hope Procan is with us."

Chanur is very pleased with the thought of him and his friends having their own ship.

"Haul anchor, check the mast, make all preparations to set sail!"

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:58 am

"We got's a much bigger ship now mates an I like this here one far better if ye be askin me!" Berek states plainly as he hauls the treasure chest aboard.
Big Pimpin...