Chapter Two - The Wormfall Festival

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The end of a long day

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Daerith is rather eager to hear the stories from the Jade Ravens and Lavina, and he seats himself closest to the group's patron listening intently. He doesn't mention Berek's blade again, as he's sympathetic to the bond with a blade, espcially as strong as his to Torothlation is becoming with each passing battle.

When the priests arrive he looks more than thankful for their presense. Doing what he must, and showing reverance to Wee Jas he thanks them, and Lavina, greatly for the purging of his systems. He informs the priests, "There is trouble brewing, rapid beasts infected with this rage that spreads by bite. You may have your hands full in the weeks to come. Be prepaired for it." He hopes the distance between Kraken Cover and Sasserine is enough to prevent the spreading of the disease, but you can never be too sure.

He eventually raises his glass in a toast to the Jade Ravens, the Sea Wyverns, and he add, "Lavinia Vanderboren, and Mrs.Whistlegap as well!" He finds himself whistling once more after the preists have cured him, and his mind is his own once more. "I think, we all need some rest, and I'm sure this place needs some clean up, the Bullywugs didn't strike me as the most delicate of amphibians in their actions.
Not sure what the plan is from here. Daerith will help clean up the manor, then spend the rest of the day enjoying the Wormfall Festival (preferibly with Lavina). Tomorrow he goes and sees about his boots he pre ordered last time, and takes a side trip to the University where he will enchant Torothalion, study some new spells, and generally level up himself, and form his Arcane Bond with the newly +1 Torothalion!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:40 pm

"Thank you, Brothers." Sindu says to the Priests as they inspect him for ailment. "You will find that I am free of the accursed disease. The Wee Jas granted flow of Ki through my body has washed away the taint as water does dust. Save your energies for those that may still need the healing of Wee Jas." When the Priests finish, he speaks with Lady Lavina. "I have spent too much time away from the temple. I wish to return with my brothers to pay proper respects for bringing us through these past troubles. I must also prepare for our next adventure, as we have not yet found your brother. Would you know of any tailors that may have the skills to enchant cloth? I wish to prepare some hand wraps for battle." After the reply from Lavina, Sindu departs with the Wee Jas priests.
On leaving the manor Sindu will report to the Temple telling of the ventures so far and seeing if there is anything the Temple has to offer in help. He drops 100g into the coffers as donation (sheet updated). When the Priests release him to his own accord he will search for an enchanter/tailor to make the handwraps.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:23 am

With everyone healed and the bullywugs defeated, things finally begin to settle back to normal. Space is found at Vanderboren Manor for anyone who wants to stay, including Fin and Wavedancer, who are immediately accepted by Lavinia as members of the newly named Sea Wyverns. The bullywug corpses are moved out of the way, and anyone who wants has the opportunity to enjoy a bit of the Wormfall Festival if they wish. Lavinia takes Daerith up on his offer to see some of what the festival has to offer.

The next week is busy for you all. Vanderboren Manor is cleaned and repairs begun; the Sea Wyverns return to Kraken's Cove to retrieve the cutter that was left there and to see if there is anything else that can be salvaged; the Taxidermist's shop and its contents are finally disposed of; and a good deal of shopping is done. By the end of the week things are mostly back to normal.

The threat of the mutated creatures seems to have faded, thankfully. Though the disease can spread quickly, the anger and rage experienced by those suffering from it cause the infected to kill each other before it can spread far. In fact, by the time the group returns to Kraken's Cove, there is little left alive in its vicinity.

In the end, no formal charges are brought against House Kellani for the attempted murder of three of your members. But word comes to the group through Lavinia that House Kellani has set aside its thoughts of revenge. The Sea Wyverns have proven too powerful, and the leaders of that noble house are willing to cut their losses. Lavinia also reveals that she's written her brother off as a total loss as well, and has also set aside thoughts of revenge on him. She proves unwilling to sacrifice her fortune and her future for simple revenge.

Life settles down again, at least for a time, and you have the opportunity to enjoy an interlude of peace before adventure once more calls to you.
This ends Chapter Two. I'll have Chapter Three up this week.