Chapter Three - A Modest Proposal

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Jeklea Bay

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:10 pm

Daerith finds Wavedancer at one point, "How does the ship look Wavedancer? Holding up alright?" The Magus leans over the side a few times to get a look at the hull, always careful to hold the railing tightly. "Poor Berek, doesn't have his sea legs yet, been throwing up with Dolan for days now. So much for that famed dwarven fortitude." He's almost smiling about it.
Since Trog is out sick, let's just RP with each other and build relationships.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:26 pm

After delivering the Brandy and offering apologies Chanur runs into Wavedancer and Daerith.

"Hey guys. Daerith , Wavedancer found some charts. I was wondering if you could give me a few lessons in navigation? How's are we doing, maintaining our course Wavedancer?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:04 am

Daerith smiles to the captain, "Some charts? I better get a look at them. I've been working off a good set, and with the shore within sight..." He points to the starbord side and the coastline far off. "Once we turn the corner and start heading south, that's when we get into diffuclt charted waters and the open sea."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Sorry for the week's delay. Influenza sucks, and this bout had me out for an entire week. I'm not back to 100% now. But I'm getting there.
The first weeks at sea in the relatively gentle Jeklea Bay area a time for adjustment. Daerith settles into his duties as ship's master, and is pleased to see the charts Wavedancer produces are of the open sea in the areas that you'll all be sailing in. They should prove invaluable in plotting your courses once you're forced to leave the coast.

Daerith also begins his lessons with Ariel, who proves an avid student. The magus can't always answer the questions posed by the almost-wizard, as his own training has sacrificed some magical knowledge for the time to learn swordplay. But with Daerith's help, Ariel is definitely making forward motion on her studies.

Fin tends to the passengers, including 'that windbag priest of Heironeous.' By the end, he soothes everyone well enough, though Father Ferres remains green around the gils and never entirely steady. The middle-aged priest remains upbeat while on deck, but still stays in his cot for a good part of the day, explaining that motion of the ship still makes it hard for him to properly rest. Prayer and meditation to Heironeous will ultimately prevail, he says.

Berek, not exactly a friend to the sea, stays down below with the two other dwarves on the ship, waiting for their stomachs to settle enough to have some o the ale brought aboard, and playing dwarvish games of cards and dice to pass the time.

Within the first few days, Chanur does his best to mend fences with Avner, offering the noble a very fine bottle of brandy. Knocking, and stepping into the man's cabin, he tells Avner that he has something by way of apology.

"Well, that's mighty generous of you, captain," the noble says, rising from his chair. "Do come in and have a seat."
The charts that Wavedancer revealed give a +4 circumstances bonus to navigation checks on the open sea in the Amiedo region.

I'll leave this thread open to finish out a bit of RP. But I'll be opening up a new one soon.

arkahm, are you there?
Last edited by Trogdor on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Stepping into Avner's cabin Chanur sits.

"I realize that I was out of line with the way I acted earlier, I was hoping we could have a clean slate. I hope the Brandy brings some enjoyment to you on this trip."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:08 am

Avner takes the bottle, looks down at it, and then looks up, the smile on his face more genuine than it had been before. "damned generous of you, captain," he echoes, holding out his hand. Clearly he recognizes the quality of the brandy "Would you join me in a glass to break the bottle in? Start things over on the right foot?"

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:36 am

Chanur gives Avner a firm and friendly hand shak and a warm smile.

" I would love too. Let's see if its as good as the rumors say."