Chapter Five - Slipknot Peet

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Farshore Burning - Rounds 4/5

Post by mysticknight232 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Fighting to ignore the pounding in his head, Wavedance turns to see the burning buildings. Being that he is a Sorcerer of the sea, he feels that he can still contribute to the town by helping to extinguish some of the flames. Running to the nearest building, Wavedancer attempts to summon one of his ever present water spells and begins to douse the building in cool blue seawater.
I'm trying to take a bit of character liberty here. I know my free Bloodline spells are more combat related than not but if possible I would like to use one of them to begin extinguishing the flames of the building to the SW...my brain hemorrhaging permitting of course.

I guess it's only fair that I receive a bonus to dmg after the critical. I thikn that's a neat affect, even the negative affect is pretty cool to deal with.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Farshore Burning - Rounds 4/5

Post by veritas » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:15 am

Fin takes a moment to pray and lays his hands upon Wavedancer's gushing injury before the sorcerer runs off again.
Cast Lesser Restoration on Wavedancer

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Farshore Burning - Combat effectively over.

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:35 am

I forgot to move the pirates on their turn.
Fin can see that Wavedancer is in a bad way. So the priest calls upon Procan to ease his suffering. As he does so, the sea breeze rises. With the coming breeze, Wavedancer's headache goes away completely and his discernment and strength of will return to where they once were.

Revelling in the lack of pain, Wavedancer summons an orb of water ten feet in diameter that he proceeds to roll over the burning building, immediately extinguishing whatever fire it touches.

Meanwhile, the two remaining pirates fighting Daerith have seen their companions butchered by an elf with a magic blade that seems to stop at nothing. Then they were nearly burned to death. This is too much for them. They both flee, running back toward the boats they landed in.

For now, all immediate fighting is over.
Fin casts Lesser Restoration on Wavedancer: 4 Wisdom healed. Wavedancer at full Wisdom, and Wisdom bleed stops.

Wavedancer casts Aqueous Orb. The spell description specifically says:
Aqueous Orb wrote:You create a rolling sphere of churning water that can engulf those it strikes. The aqueous orb can move up to 30 feet per round, rolling over barriers less than 10 feet tall. It automatically quenches any non-magical fires and functions as dispel magic against magical fires as long as those fires are size Large or less.
These are regular fires, so the orb puts them out. It can only put out a Large area of fire in a given round. But by working it over the building you can eventually put out the whole fire. It's not like the soaking wet portions are immediately going to burst back into flames.

The two pirates on Daerith flee (withdraw).

With Wavedancer extinguishing the fire, and the pirates gone, there's no need to stay in combat time. We can drop out of combat and people can post in a narrative fashion again.

If you want to keep fighting pirates, we'll narrate that.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Farshore Burning - Combat effectively over.

Post by mackaber » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:23 pm

Are all our missions fullfilled? I think we need a new ship girls and there is one in the harbor!
Berek breathes a sigh of relief then looks to the colonists thanking him and nods.

"Yer mighty welcome! Slayin pirate scum is what I does best..." the Dwarf looks around and sees no more pirates standing and all his companions seem to be good.
Big Pimpin...

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:02 pm

After making sure that all of the fires are put out, Wavedancer makes a point of going back to Fin. "Thank you. My head...it just exploded with pain. I've never had that happen before" he finishines as he wipes the last trickle of blood from his nose.

"While it it not my style, I must try to learn some helpful magic such as you provide to the group. You are an invaluable member and I find myself wanting to model your good deeds in the name of the Gods we serve" Physical contact is not Wavedancer's style, but he puts his hand on Fin's shoulder as a sign of gratitude none-the-less.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:23 am

Not to be a jerk, but Daerith has Step Up and Strike, a Feat he NEVER get's to take advantage of. I can follow them 10 feet and attack them with an AoO. I should get one parting swing on one of the pirates. And I take it.

Highest BAB, so full on smack down strike.
Daerith follows one of the wounded pirates, not letting them get away that easy. He has no mercy for these bastards, not here in Farshore! He springs after one with ease and hacks at his back ready to finish him off. The other runs, and Hasted, with his boots Daerith knows he can run the man down, but what can on pirate do with a big ship like those in the harbor.

So he turns and summons to him an Unseen Servant, "Help save those in the buildings, and put the fires out!" The order given he bangs on the door to the temple and shouts inside, "THE SEA WYVERNS ARE HERE. ITS SAFE TO COME OUT NOW. THE PIRATES ARE DEAD!" He then races to help the men with the fire, saving what can be, and putting out the fires with cantrips or buckets of water.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Fin smiles at Wavedancer, taken aback at the compliment but appreciative nonetheless.

"You're too kind, lad. We all have our talents and you show yours just the same, as you did by putting out the fires on that building.

"As to your injuries, my best guess is that the magical energies you command just overloaded you temporarily. If you like I can take a look at you and make sure it's not indicative of something more serious."

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:56 am

"A more thorough look would be appreciated" nods Wavedancer to Fin. "With the lull in the fighting, this may be the best chance I get to have my once a decade physical" the half-elf says in jest.