Chapter Five - A Trip to the Tar Pits

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Reunion

Post by Chanur » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:43 am

Chanur is washed and dressed better than his filthy adventuring clothes. He makes sure to stop and see all the crew make sure they are settling in nicely particularly wants to check on Tavey and Amella make sure they are solid. Once he has made the rounds he tells Tavey and Amella he will get with them later that day for drinks and gets cleaned up as best he can. Putting on some nicer clothes he realizes he could use some new boots and his hat has seen better days. His blades are clean at least.

Finally once done he makes his way to the meeting with Lady Vanderboren to be at her side and show the Wyverns support for her.
Im fine with FF for now and maybe doing some catching up with the crew and what not after.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:31 pm

A meeting has called for an hour hence in the chapel - the largest gathering place in Farshore. This gives everyone a chance to check up on the crew, clean up, and otherwise make themselves more presentable. Baths are definitely in order for the Sea Wyverns. Weeks on the trail have not improved their appearances, magic or no magic.

An hour passes and it seems like everyone who could get free has gathered in the chapel. In the front are the members of the council: Lavinia, Lord Meravanchi, Proefessor Aldwattle, Father Vesserin Catherly, Teldra Syren, and Captain Ulvar Kabbanja. Avner sits near them, as does a hefty priest the group hasn't seen before. Sitting in the pews are many of the locals that the group has met recently, as well as several crew from the Sea Wyvern, who seem to be pitching in to do their part in preparing the town's defenses. At the back is an Olman native, one with some non-human blood you'd guess, who the Sea Wyverns have been told has only just arrived in town. He apparently goes with the large dinosaur that waits outside, grazing on the grass beside the chapel. There is no sign of the Jade Ravens. No doubt they're out on another mission much like the group has been.

As the Sea Wyverns arrive, in ones and twos, there's a definite murmur among the gathered people. Some call out greetings, especially fellow crew members. Others just talk among themselves, no doubt wondering what the report will be. Up in the front, Lord M leans over and says something quietly into Avner's ear.

Once all the Sea Wyverns are gathered and seated in one of the front pews, Father Catherly steps forward and addresses the gathered people. He speaks in a loud, strong voice that carries to the back of the chapel. "Welcome, friends," he begins. "We are gathered here in this house of the gods to hear the report of the Sea Wyverns, who have returned to us after another long and dangerous journey. I know we're all relieved to see that they've come back unharmed." Lord Meravanchi says nothing, but the look on his face says that he might disagree with the priest. "What's more, they come back with good news of resources and allies they have procured for Farshore." A broad smile breaks out across his face, and he continues. "But I don't mean to steal their thunder. Instead, we shall hear of their exploits from their own mouths. After that, since we have everyone here, the council has decided that this will be a good time to hear reports on how the various defenses are shaping up."

Then Catherly turns to the Sea Wyverns and gestures to the front of the chapel. "The floor is yours, gentlemen," he says and returns to his seat.
Welcome AdamDaBomb11 and Priest to the game! They can speak up as seems appropriate in the debate.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:18 am

The Olman native stands quietly at the back with his eyes closed. When Father Catherly begins to speak, his eyes open in anticipation to hear the Sea Wyverns' report. It is clear that the man is a half-orc, dressed in what seems to be some sort of dinosaur hide armor. The half-orc's arms can only be described as tree trunks, wrapped in hefty veins that would resemble vines. Dark brown dreadlocks flow neatly behind his head and down his back. He doesn't seem to be particularly threatening, however, as he wears a calm look on his light green face.
Well hello there.

Priest
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Priest » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:47 pm

The priest amongst the crowd leans back in the pew as Father Catherly addresses the crowd. An audible creak can be heard as the majority of the mans girth is shifted to put pressure on the seat. He ignores the sound, folding his thick arms across his barrel chest and resting them on top of what could only be called an oversized beer belly. When Catherly finishes speaking he turns his gaze to the men at the front and waits eagerly to hear from Sea Wyverns.

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Wavedancer the half-elf Sorcerer nods his head at Father Catherly then turns his gaze upon Daerith whom is probably the most eloquent of the group.
welcome new fellow Savage Tiders!
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:23 am

Welcome guys! I knew Adam was joining but not Priest! Excellent surprise.
Daerith Amyln is an strikingly handsome elven mage of sorts. He has long bone white hair, an side effect of a very magical upbringing in Sasserine. The elf wears a fine set of loose clothing against the heat of the isle, but seems unbothered by it. Those with a keen eye might notice under his clothing is a glittering suit of mithril chain. He wears a belt clasp with a fine buckle and hung from it are a few scrolls and a pouch one would expect to see on a mage, but also there hangs a Sasserine dueling sword, the long blade curved in a loving scabbard, clearly a valued item and from Daerith's walk he knows how to use the blade. His smile is bright, his eyes steel blue gaze out over the crowd and as he nears the pulpit he smiles, nods, offers waves and silent greetings to everyone and anyone he makes eye contact with. (A clever man might notices he deftly avoids eye contact with Avner and Lord Meravanchi).

His hand in the air he greets the gathering as a whole, "My friends, my fellow crew, and my countrymen I am so pleased to be back in Farshore, and with such good news." He points at the Father, "I want to thank Father Catherly for the kind introduction. I also want to thank everyone for coming out now, I know you are busy people with much to do so I'll try not to ramble on too much." He notices a few kids among the crowd, brought by mom or dad and clearly not happy to stuck inside. He reaches into his pocket and tosses a few candies to them and winks.

"Yes, we have returned, and we have brought good news for Farshore. Many of you know about the success at the tar pits and the slaying of the great T-Rex Temauhti-tecuani. No easy task, but we were able to defeat this beast in combat, and bring its head here for display. It will be put in the public square later today so all may gaze in wonder at it. Yet beside defeating the threat to any one traveling to the Tar Pits it has also gained us many allies." He notices the half orc in the back and the Olmani like dress he wears.

He pauses a moment to listen to the crowd.
I am short on time IRL. Gearing up my diplomacy obviously.

Removing 5 candies from my sheet.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:01 pm

Chanur follows Daerith up in front of the crowd. The half elf is moderately tall and lean dressed in tall leather boots that have seen wear and otherwise fine clothing. On his hip hangs a griffon headed rapier with a short sword right next to it of a shiny black glass. On the other hip is a fine handled dagger. He approaches the front of the crowd with a walk that is used to having the blades there. His hair the color of autumn is a bit longer than he normally would keep it a testament to the time they have spent in the field, some of it hanging out the back of the hat upon his head. The hat is wide brimmed with a feather for decoration. He stands behind Daerith letting him work with the crowd since he knows the man loves the attention. He is just there to provide support and be seen. He smiles at the crew he see's in the crowd.

As he stands there Chanur's eyes flicker to the new people in the back, particularly the imposing native and the massive priest. The man has clearly gotten fat but underneath it looks to have a huge frame on what was or perhaps still is a likely very strong man. He finds them being among the locals interesting.
Welcome abord! Glad to have you.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:16 pm

The Olman native leans forward a bit, intrigued by the elegant words coming from the Elf. What anyone looking at him immediately notices, besides him being a half-orc, is that he does not seem to have a weapon of any sort on his person. He continues to listen to what the group has to say.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:04 pm

There is a murmur of approval among the crowd when Daerith speaks of the accomplishments of the Sea Wyverns. But then Lord M speaks up. "Allies indeed?" he says, not rising from his seat. "I hope it's more than just a handful of natives with stone swords and spears. You've been gone over a month. I hope you have something significant to show for it. I"d hate to think that you'd been wasting your time out in the jungle while the people of Farshore have been working day and night to prepare the town for an attack."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:50 pm

"Yes Lord Meravanchi you bring a good point. The people who live here have done an amazing job in the shot amount of time they have been given. To think of the tasks they have accomplished on their own for the defense of their town is a wonder. I commend each and everyone one of them." He claps, and gets the others to clap for the locals who have been working hard. "So much done in so little time. I'm sure it seems like they have hardly had a moment to breath its been so quick with the raising of the towers and more."

He finishes clapping and continues, "Farshore doesn't stand alone, no, for the entire collection of Olman Tribes have pledged their aid. Shamans, priests, warriors, and the tradesmen too. Their numbers are great for the Tanaroa will bring the other villages in line as well and will swell our ranks here. Yet there are more than just the Olman who will come to our aid." He pauses a moment, "We have also gained the alliance of the Phanaton Tribes. Some of you may not even know of who I speak. Yet the Phanaton are a brave and noble tribe of pygmies who live on the isle. Their abilities at stealth and skill among the treetops will aid in not just manning the walls, but also is taking out enemy ship's rigging, and more. We now outnumber the pirates that would dare attack us!"

Again he holds just a moment to let these numerical advantages sink in.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring