Chapter 1: To Join a Team

It has been ten years since Mastermind died defending the world from Omega. The world needed champions, it needed heroes, it needed the Protectors. Five years ago, the world would have fallen without them. One year ago only two watched over the world. The world suffered, it cried for more heroes, for more Protectors. Now the Protectors answer the world'€™s cry calling for heroes from all over the world to join their ranks. Who will answer?
The Protectors is a Mutants & Masterminds 2nd edition campaign. The story follows our heroes to when they first join the exalted ranks of the Protectors, to when they battle fiends powerful enough to destroy entire nations. How will they fare? Only time will tell.

Edited by GM Anorin
Max_Power
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mingling

Post by Max_Power » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:09 am

After leaving the simulationroom he walks around until he finds a room with a pool table.
There he stands for a while and listens to some other heros. Some time later thinking it's the right moment he takes a billiard cue and jumps onto the table.
"That's the way I fought alongside Deathless against the Omegadrones, for the second time."
Painkiller copys some of Deathless moves and mixes them with some of his own.
Max Power - "Kids, there's three ways to do things; the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way!"
Children - "Isn't that the wrong way?"
Max Power - "Yeah, but faster!"

Anorin
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Anorin » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:48 am

Sorry for the delay, I got the sh*t beaten out of me by RL. There are way too many things due at the end of the year.
Sage blinks, "oh, of course," she pulls out the Jet Pack and puts it on the table, "my own design, its made from an alloy that makes it light and durable." "What alloy?" Gadge asks, "can't tell you, trade secret." Gadge rolls his eyes and pulls his goggles over his head, he looks behind him seemingly studying the bookcases carefully.

While continuing to look at the bookcase Gadge says, "who knows how they did it? Hell Mystic could have waved a hand in the air and said, abracadabra." He looks at you raising an eyebrow, "you gonna sit?" He indicates a chair in front of you in front of the Rectangular table you are gathereed at.

A woman who looks to be of French decent with a prominent nose and brown hair walks past you, not seeming to notice the small gathering.
Xenos nods as you walk by continuing with his exercises, the Russian woman seems to have dialed up the volume on her I-Pod.

After a few minutes Xenos lets his weights drop, a small tremor reverberates throughout the gym. He picks up a towel and starts to wipe the sweat off of his head. Then causually as he's getting the sweat out of his hair, "you're Megalith right?" After hearing an answer he responds, "I'm Xenos, pleasure to meet you. I'll be working out of Los Angeles."
Jack chuckles, "most likely." He puts his helmet on the floor beside him, "I'm just a nerd with a suit that can hit things." Druid shakes his head but says nothing. "Anyway Malador, whose on your team?" Jack asks as a few more people come in, including Synapse and a middle aged man with blond hair. She indicates that she'll be joining him for this meal.

A young woman dressed in robes screaming 'I'm a wizard!' is among the gathering crowd and strangely although she seems friends with a silver haired young man she chooses not to sit with him and sits next to Osiris. They seem to be on fair terms as the murmors of conversation can be heard coming from the table. The young man choosing to sit with the Germans.

Druid murmurs, "brave young lass." Jack looks over at Druid, "what's that?" "Nevermind Jack."

You recognize the young woman as Sheol, a capable young Sorceress best known for her Necromancy and Evokation. From what you've heard her code of honor closely resembles your own. Arcane Lore 6+15=21

OOC: As a note your synched with Synapse's story
You see Malador sitting with two other men, one dressed in power armor, the other dressed in... are those Druid robes?

After you get your food you find Archive has chosen a table off to the side away from the louder Germans as they greet the young silver haired young man that has sat down with them.

Archive gives you a moment to get settled before he asks jokingly, "so are you a cape full time, or do you do something else to pay the bills? Honestly can't imagine spandex 24-7 myself."

Though some make it work better than others.

He's obviously joking, right?
Inside the room are two men, one dressed in classical armor from head to toe, looking like an ancient Greek hero. He's currently watching the weather of all things on the big screen, apparently absorbed in the changing images.

Another man dressed in traditional Samurai armor sits seemingly meditating on the floor, his sword laid beside him.

Your anitcs catch both by surprise. The Samurai stares at you obviously confused, but the Greek hero laughs, "you remind me of someone I knew long ago lad, before the war." He walks up to you and holds out a hand, "the name's Hector." The Samurai on the floor nods in your direction, "just Samurai will do for me."

Hector ignores the interruption, "what is your name warrior? And what tales do you bring back to us of the past!"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:14 am

"Thanks, but I like to stand," Blackhawk responds to Gadge. And he doesn't like to show too much of himself in brighter environments. but he doesn't say that. "I'm not very proficient with magic anyway, but it spawned my interest that we seemed to be at the same place at the same time. Maybe I can ask Over-Matter or Predator before we're leaving. Although they might be very occupied right now."

"Can you at least tell us if you produced the alloy by yourself?" He asks Sage, trying to sound not too much interested although he actually is very interested in the tech of other heroes. "And what kind of propellant do you use? I assume it's not solid fuel it's too complicated to refuel it. Perhaps jet fuel." Blackhawk scans the woman who just passed him. "Do you know her?"
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:19 am

"We have Blackhawk as our leader," Malador begins. "He's a man who leaves little to chance. We're fortunate to have him in Freedom City. Megalith is still fairly new to heroing, but he's strong and tough, and not lacking in bravery. Painkiller is young but seems about as impossible to kill as Deathless. And our last member is Synapse." He nods over to his team mate where she's just taken a seat. "I don't know much about her yet. But she seems a very capable psychic."

"Do you know how many different teams they approved?" he asks, directing the question to both Jack and Druid.

Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Joni » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:14 am

"I was just recruited so I haven't settled anything yet. I have a day job that I find pretty rewarding, but the excitement of this is starting to feel pretty good." She shields the darker thoughts on the combat from him, hoping to appear as strong as she feels right now in his presence.
~Tina Warrior Physicist~

Anorin
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Anorin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:27 am

Sage smiles, "I developed it myself, unfortunately it just runs on jet fuel, easiest fuel source I could get a hold of." Gadge looks at her his goggles still on, "yeah, but still nothing beats fussion." Sage sighs, "I'm not Dwer I'm still working on that." Then Gadge seems to remember his goggles are still on and puts them back on his forehead.

Looking back at the French woman who just dissappeared around the corner he says, "that's Blur, she's a runner on Jonny Speed's level. think she's stationed in Paris."
Jack shrugs, "don't know Over-Matter said ninety people up here that makes 18 teams so-" "All were approved," Druid responds. Jack looks at him, "how the hell" "you want to ask questions about that?" Druid asks smiling. Jack rolls his eyes and sits back in his chair.

Without warning he shoots straight up his eyes wide, after a moment he whispers, "I'm never going to get used to that." Looking at the two of you he says, "if you'll excuse me gentleman, seems Predator wants me to take a look at a few solar panels. Malador, pleasure meeting you." With that he latches on his helmet and walks out the door.

"Safe travels my friend." Druid calls after him. "Good man, a little too pragmatic for my tastes, but a good man nonetheless."
Archive grins, "yeah, I teach in my spare time. Sad I know, calling my job 'spare time.' He shakes his head. Then raises an eyebrow, "'Haven't settled anything,' I take it you don't have much experience with this heroing thing then?"

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:43 am

Megalith continues curling his 10 ton weights, uninterested in shaking hands with Xenos. Instead, the stony behemoth merely cocks his head to one side as the powerfully built hero introduces himself and smiles gently. "Yup, that's me, Megalith. You must excuse me if I don't shake your hand. I'd rather keep it if you don't mind..." His face now half-cracked in a playful smirk, Megalith then adds. "Besides, I've never been one for all that dick-slap kind of stuff. I crush your hand, you crush mine, etc. I'd prefer to keep my skills honed and ready for the next mission..." "As for districts," Megalith concludes, "I'm assigned with Blackhawk and the others over in Freedom City. Not a bad place overall. Quite familiar with it even..." The rocky behemoth continues to curls his weights, casually awaiting any further response Xenos might have to give.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:47 am

"We all have our strengths," Malador replies. "Which is a good thing." He smiles. "Because sometimes I think those of us with mystic training aren't always practical enough."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sat May 01, 2010 1:21 am

"I'd feel somehow nervous walking around with a load of jet fuel or a fussion plant on my back," Blackhawk says dry-witted. "A stray bullet may have inconvenient consequences. Although any shot is inconvenient. I'm trying to avoid to stand in the middle of a firefight. Is you jet pack the only thing you use or do you have any other abilities? Like lifting a truck with your thoughts or turning into a woman of stone."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Joni » Mon May 03, 2010 1:00 am

"I had some excitement while visiting a friend at the mental institute where she works and then was recruited. So, here I am. I am a therapist. The abilities help, but I don't like to pry that far into everyone though. It can get weird."
~Tina Warrior Physicist~