Prelude: The new player in town

It has been ten years since Mastermind died defending the world from Omega. The world needed champions, it needed heroes, it needed the Protectors. Five years ago, the world would have fallen without them. One year ago only two watched over the world. The world suffered, it cried for more heroes, for more Protectors. Now the Protectors answer the world'€™s cry calling for heroes from all over the world to join their ranks. Who will answer?
The Protectors is a Mutants & Masterminds 2nd edition campaign. The story follows our heroes to when they first join the exalted ranks of the Protectors, to when they battle fiends powerful enough to destroy entire nations. How will they fare? Only time will tell.

Edited by GM Anorin
Anorin
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Prelude: The new player in town

Post by Anorin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:09 am

Stephanie's voice comes over the comm, "Wha- alright send them over. Just your usuals Tim, grandtheft auto, assault and battering, worst you got here is a convicted sex offender... Syphon? Well okay lemme check." After a few moments of maneuvering Stephaie's voice comes on again, "Wow Tim, tell me your not fighting this guy! Syphon has a bigger rap sheet than your bank account. This guys done it all, HOLY $#!%" Stephanie's voice comes in shrill over the commlink causing Blackhawk's ear to hurt, "sorry," she says, "Tim this guy beat Predator to within an inch of her life, I mean this guy took on G-Block and almost won! Says here that his known accomplices are 'Wheels' and 'Hard Drive' all of them have spent over ten years in the pen. How have I not heard about this guy before? Nothing about a drug addiction, well... Wheels is apparently a fiend for Zoom but that's it."

After Blackhawk responds he spots the leader, crouching against the boxes. Seeing a vial of Max smashed right in front of him, sets the man off balance giving Blackhawk the oppurtunity to act.
initiative Blackhawk, Thug leader

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:40 am

"Hopefully I don't have to", Blackhawk replies, and slides down from his position right behind the leader.

"Your mooks are done", he says to the man, giving him a chance to consider his chances. "If you don't want to spend half a year in rehab, you better give up." But Blackhawk's convinced that the thug leader won't give up. After all he has to play the tough guy before he goes to prison so he can look his fellow criminals in the eye.
Free: Speak. Ready Disarm, unarmed.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Anorin
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Anorin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:21 pm

The man lifts up his shotgun aiming for Blackhawk's heart. Striking faster than lightning, Blackhawk snatches the gun out of his foe's hands.
DC 15 (still considered flatfooted)
9+10=19 hit
Damage check vs. Strength
Blackhawk 17+8=25
Thug Leader 17+4=21
Thug is disarmed, you now have the gun
The man snarls, pulling out a vial of Max he yells, "want to play it like that, fine with me B!^#!" Before Blackhawk can stop him the man shoves the needle deep inside his arm, throbing blood vessels on his arms become visible, then blood vessels like that become visible all over his body, until it looks likes he will explode with his new muscle mass.
Blackhawk on watching his foe inject himself with a possibly lethal drug...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:31 am

Wordlessly but with a disaproving look on his face, Blackhawk drops the shotgun, backs away about 10 meters and pulls two capsules from the magnetized impact-resistant pouches of his black utility belt. As he steps away he has a pellet ready to be flipped towards the man, containing sleeping gas. He hopes he can take the man out quickly since he doesn't want to engage someone who might just has taken a dose of Max.
His other hand holds a stun grenade, which he'll use to render his opponent defenseless for a few seconds, which hopefully will be enough to take him out.
Move: Manipulate Object, pull capsules; Move: Back away 10 meters.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Anorin
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Anorin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 am

The man snarls as Blackhawk backs away, "oh hell no! you ain't getting off that easy." running for Blackhawk the man, rams his fist straight into him, Blackhawk is caught by the blow square in the chest, flying back into some crates of Max, he loses his grip on the man's shotgun, but manages to keep a hold of his pellets. Blackhawk falls to the ground, his armor had absorbed most of the shock from the crates, but that blow, he coughs, this wasn't going to be easy.
DC 22
Thug Leader 17+10=27 hit
DC 21 Toughness
Blackhawk 6+6=12 Stunned and bruised
Knockback DC 16
Blackhawk 17+5=22 save
Pausing here in case you want to spend an HP to act normally after the stun. Should you have wanted to reroll, just PM me

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:35 am

Breathing in hard, and hloding it for a second, Blackhawk gets up again. He flips the one containing the sleeping gas into his opponents face and engages him again. He knows it's going to be painful and may end with a lot of injuries, but he has to take that man out, before either the police or the paramedics arrive, since the Max-ed up foe might harm them even more.

Blackhawk takes a defensive stance and waits for the man to come again.
Spending a HP is fine. I'd do that again if the knockout'd be too bad.
Attack: Ranged w/ sleeping gas; Atttack: Ready unarmed.

Anorin
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Anorin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:46 am

The sleeping pellets land at the man's feet, Blackhawk grimaces as the man leaps away in the nick of time, avoiding the gas, and moving towards Blackhawk, "oh no, I'm not done with you yet!" Winding up the man catches Blackhawk across the face, Blackhawk feels a welt forming, but he must be getting weaker this one didn't hurt anywhere near as much as the last one.
Reflex DC 14
Leader 13+4=17 success
Fort DC 12
Leader 20+6=26 success
16+10=26 hit
DC 21
Blackhawk 13+5=18 a bruise

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:54 am

"Me neither", Blackhawk growls. He would like to know how bad the hits have been and ckeck it with a touch, but he knows he can't do it now in the middle of combat. He curses the man's reflexes and prepares to deliver a couple of incapacitating blows now, as he shift his torso a bit to the side, increasing the reach of both his arms.
Attack unarmed; Attack unarmed.

Anorin
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Anorin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:08 am

Blackhawk studies his opponent carefully and he sees a huge opening, and slams his fist straight into the idiot's throat! The leader chokes and falls to the ground. He's slow to get up, giving Blackhawk time to...
DC 20
Blackhawk 20+10=30 CRIT!!!
Toughness DC 26*
Thug leader 15+5=20 stunned and bruised
Knockback DC 16 14+4=18 save
*not flat-footed, as a note you can bluff as a move using your Acrobatics though at a -5 penalty that's still a good use of a move in this system. However another note, you don't have to worry about it right now, as he's stunned and therefore flat-footed

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 am

Blackhawk quickly strides over and raises his knee at the same time to send him back to the ground and finish him off for good with a vicious punch to the head.
Attack: unarmed; Attack: unarmed.
I read it up and it sounds damn convenient. Although I think it's not very useful as you stated that he's already flat-footed since he's stunned. I will read it more closely again.