A Return?

Use this forum to post when you are going to be away from the site for a time.

Please include absence dates in the post title.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

A Return?

Post by Othniel » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:03 am

Howdy all. Life after the new job has settled somewhat, so I find myself with a little bit of time and an interest in play-by-post games stirring once again in me.

I don't expect to be able to jump back into any games that may still be going when I left, but I would be interested in The One Ring 1e/2e, Pathfinder 1e, D&D 5e, or L5R games that may be in new or in need of players.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

A Return?

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:37 pm

Pathfinder 1e - War for the Crown, 3 active.
Perhaps flagging a little bit in activity. We barely survived a battle with a legendary monster, my first combat in the campaign. It bloodied me and missed a bunch of times, we got a bit lucky. You played Astraea, right?

TOR - Fellowship of the Lost Realm, 6 active.
I think I remember SilverFoxdmt saying he was willing to take more players, but personally I feel like 6 players is full up. Depends on him.

5e - Wild Beyond the Witchlight, 2 active.
We just has a change of scenery - the mysterious and ever-changing Feywild - so there's a chance that it, and the greater odds of starting a combat, might spark renewed interest from current players. You played Trixie?

Maybe someone wants to start a new game?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

A Return?

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:40 pm

Welcome back.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

A Return?

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:53 pm

Totally agreed with Rory - you're welcome back into either/both of Wild Beyond the Witchlight and War for the Crown! Can reactivate your previous characters or start new ones, whichever you would prefer.

Whether or not you rejoin my particular campaigns, welcome back!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Re: A Return?

Post by Othniel » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:54 am

Rory - Yep, I was Trixie in Witchlight and Astraea in Crown. I'd love to join the TOR game, but 6 is pretty full as you say. I wouldn't want to muscle my way in without folks being okay with a new player.

MWD - I'd be happy to come back as both characters, but only if it isn't inconvenient. I don't know how you wrote me out. Otherwise I can make new ones if you think it works better.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:26 am

I'm pretty chill when it comes to players going inactive, I just have the PCs fade into the background.

For the Feywild, you can just be there and active again. They just transported to the second area of the campaign, so you tagged along and are up and talking again.

As to War for the Crown, you can either jump in for the last bit of Act I at a big extended party, or they're soon going to move to Act II where they are going to take charge of their town and you could be active again once that happens.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:33 pm

Welcome back. Things are getting rather sporting all three campaigns. As far as TOR, SilverFox seemed down for a large group, and I say we try and outnumber the Ring Fellowship.