Act 1 - Hollow's Last Hope

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Falcon's Hollow: Morning of the Cure

Post by Trogdor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:19 pm

"Laurel," Celevan calls out, hurrying over to where the herbalist has the cure ready. "Another one deathly ill." He holds out the mug he's carrying to be filled up again. "We must hurry."
get cure to her right away!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:09 am

Dreams allows herself to glare at Payday once his back is turned and, when he is well out of earshot, mutters in Elohim, "What a despicable, uncouth man." She tells herself she should feel pity for him, since he seems bound for Hell, but can't really muster the feeling. She promises herself that she will pray for him.

To Torrak, she says, "I suspect they live here because they have few other options open to them. And as the winters grow harsher, more and more people will have fewer and fewer options, forcing them into the hands of cruel men like Kreed." She sighs. "I wish there was more that we could do about it."

Dreams goes to help Celevan with the young girl, gently urging the crowd aside. As she does so, she says in Elohim. "We should talk of this Kreed later. I would know more of what exactly his legal authority is--and see if there is anything we might do to limit his tyranny over these poor folk."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:12 am

Celevan nods silently to Dreams. He'll be happy to explain things in more detail once things calm down.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Torias helps along with the others, as hard as he can. He just ignores Payday and goes on with his work. He wonders if he might have time to glance into the Witch's codex soon.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:42 pm

The cold winter weather makes everything slower it seems. Celevan and Dreams confirm with one another they need to talk about Kreed before visiting him as they move to aid the young girl and her Half Thelonite mother.

Getting another mug of cure the Blue Eyed elf races to Kimi's side and directs Kitani Eavewalker (the girls mother that Celevan knows) to set the girl down. With a warm steaming mug Celevan craddles the girl's head and pours the contents down into her threat slowly. Steam rises into the cold air and the shivering girl begins to warm slightly. Torias helps, grabbing an extra blanket and covering the girl up. The bright sun doesn't do much to warm things in this chilly autmun air.

Kitani grabs Celevan's shoulder, "Oh thank you, or praise Sucellus you were here. Thank you thank you." She squeezes Celevan's shoulder in deserapte worry still crying as she looks down at her daughter in worry. It takes a few long tense moments, but Kimi's eyes flutter open. Her breathing becomes stronger, and the young raven haired Half Thelonite girl mutters her first words in days, "I'm hungry..."

Everyone laughs a moment the tension broken with the knowledge that she will live. Perhaps there is a bit more consern of this girl, she's about Nessa's age, and remind everyone of Vren's 'sibling' and so in turn of Vren as well.

Kitanit leans over and gives Celevan a kiss on the cheak, "Thank you so much! I don't know what I would have done if she died!" The mother then crouches at her daughters side craddling her in the cold.
Remember its cold out!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:05 pm

As Kimi takes the dose and shivers in the cold, Celevan leans over and speaks a few mystic words, touching the girl on the shoulder. "There," he says to Kitanit in a low tone. "The cold won't bother her until this time tomorrow." He hadn't enough magic to treat everyone this way. But he couldn't bear the thought of the Blackscour taking Kimi. "I know things are hard enough with Idris away." He smiles reassuringly. "Now bring her home and see if she'll take a little soup." He tilts his head to the girl. "It sounds like she needs it."
Use an Endure Elements on Kimi.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Blackscour Taint Scoured Clean From Falcons Hollow

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:57 pm

Kitani looks at Celevan, a deep smile settles in on her face when she sees Kimi stop shivering. "Thank you so much Celevan." She scoops up her daughter and starts back home. A few paces away, she pauses, turns back and looks at Celevan with a grateful visage over her face. "Come Kimi, let's get you home." The raven haired woman then hurries to get her daughter home.

You spend the next hour or two working further to help the sick, at this point you are forced to make some house calls. The truely sick can't move, and you find yourselves heading to the Ferry Man's house, healing him, and then returning to tend to the last stragglers that haven't been cured. With your help and the attention of the Sheriff Dendrin things go very smoothly considering the panic that had gripped the populous.

By the evening hours you have finished. Falcon's Hollow is cured of the Blackscour Taint. You find youselves back inside Laurel's shop The Roots and Remedies, along with the Sherrif. You are cold, tired, and hungry as you've worked basically nonstop all day long, yet, you've finished it. You've saved the town.

Deldrin, sitting on a tall stool nods, "Good work all. Looks like our last hope was our best hope. The town owes you a debt of gratitude."

Laurel looks exhausted at this point, and in fact she's laying in one of her softer chairs only half awake at this point.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Blackscour Taint Scoured Clean From Falcons Hollow

Post by Trogdor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Celevan gets up and grabs his warm traveling cloak from the hook it's hanging from. "The people of this town have enough trouble having to deal with Kreed and Payday," he says, walking over and laying the cloak over Laurel like a blanket. He's all too aware that while they were sleeping last night, she was brewing the cure. "You close your eyes and I'll brew you some tea," he says in a low tone to her.

"They shouldn't have to worry about more on top of that, Del," he continues to the sheriff. "I'm just glad that we could help them." He moves over and fills a kettle with water and sets it on a hook in the fireplace to boil. "For my part, I'll count the debt paid in full if you buy me a beer at the Sitting Duck." he starts looking around for a container of tea. "I just hope Kreed or Payday don't manage to somehow make trouble for you with this. I like to think that the people of Falcon's Hollow can see through those two. But fear can make people blind."
It's an herbal remedy shop. I'm sure there's a kettle and some tea evident.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Deldrin nods, "You have to be careful when you speak about those two. PayDay's a thug, a dog, a goot wack on the nose and he's easily handled." That's well known considering Deldrin's the one that broke the man's nose with his axe handle. "Kreed is another sort all together. He's powerful, wealthy, intimidating, and has contacts and allies beyond his control of the Lumber Consortium. Most people can't see past their fear, or their need to work, and the lumber mills hire anyone that can."

Celevan moves about the shop, easily getting water on the fire, and finding that he's having a hard time picking just which tea to brew, as Laurel must have a dozen different kinds. He settles on the one most abundant among her things. Laurel smacks her lips in exhaustion, "Paid...right." The half sleeping woman points at small check. "Deldrin, if you would?"

The sheriff nods to the woman and smiles, then pulls out the small coffer, "Right." Opening the coffer the Sheriff takes out a pouch of coins, "I'll buy you a drink Evan, but take this too." He hands the pouch to the nearest person, which happens to be Dreams. "Its not much, but its something for each of you."
180gps (30 each of you if you count Vren).

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:11 am

Syrronas nods to the Sherriff as he describes Kreed, "Kreed defiantly sounds like the type that would exploit the innocent, I wonder what he is going to want form us. I can only imagine what Vren's little friends have caused in aggravation."