Act 1 - Hollow's Last Hope

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Falcon's Hollow: Nighttime

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:05 pm

"Thanks for the information, Del," Celevan replies. "We'll see you in a few hours." Then he turns to the others. "Elara's burned down a few weeks ago. And I expect that Nessa's right - one burned down ruin won't be any trouble for a bunch of kids who've braved the Pit. With Ellspeth along, they should have no trouble." His eyes narrow a bit and he adds, "there was some suspicion about the fire. Most folks suspect that it wasn't an accident. But something like that's planned. I doubt whoever did that would be likely to try and draw any more attention on the place just for a bunch of kids there for one night."

"Let's get some sleep and once we've dealt with helping Laurel distribute the cure, we can find the kids."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 pm

Dreams nods, but says, "If the children here that we have returned, they may set out looking for us. Or rumor may reach them that we have returned, but without Vren. If you wish, the rest of you can return here to the sheriff's first thing in the morning, while I go speak with the children and Ellspeth, then return here to aid you." Dreams somehow feels responsible for the children--it is probably her survivor's guilt at work, as well as a paladin's need to put everything right.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:43 pm

"Well one thing's certain," Celevan says. "No one's going anywhere but to sleep right now. We've pushed ourselves hard. And none of us are in any condition to make another long hike."

"But as for the morning - you're probably right. It's a good idea to send someone to tell the children sooner rather than later."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Falcon's Hollow: Morning of the Cure

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Its EllsBeth I've noticed a few misspellings along the way here.

Also, they are 8-10 miles outside of town, and I hate to split the party. I've prefer we resolve the Blackscour Taint issues in the morning because honestly, that ends the chapter! Going to find the kids can be the start of the next chapter.
The group heads back to Celevan's rented room. Sneaking into the house as quite as you can, you manage to still wake the old lady up that runs the boarding house. She comes out of her room with a frying pan in hand ready to whomp on you until she notices who leads you. "Evan? Oh by Tali you scared me." She rubs her eyes and takes a mental count of all the extra heads coming into the house with Celevan but then heads back to sleep to deal with it tomorrow.

You slip into Celevan's room and soon are all set, bedrolls are put out, Celevan crawls into his bed, and you are soon fast asleep warm and dry. The morning arrives far too quickly, and the smells of breakfast on the dinning room table drift through the air waking you slowly.
Keeping us moving. Its the next morning.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Falcon's Hollow: Morning of the Cure

Post by Trogdor » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:05 am

Celevan rises as first light comes through the window and cleans as best he can from a basin in a side table. At the smell of breakfast, he heads out to the common room. "Mrs. Barrett," he says, heading over to the table, "you're a lifesaver. I was just about ready to expire from hunger." She kept insisting that he call her Heather, since he was, after all, older than she. However, he maintained that she deserved more respect than that.

"I'll let you in on a secret," he adds, taking a plate and filling it up. "One that will be tolerably badly-kept as the day progresses." He smiles. "Laurel will be presenting a cure this morning at her shop. We're to help keep things orderly while it's distributed. If there's anyone you know who needs the cure, you should let them know. We'll be off to the herb and remedy shop as soon as we've eaten."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Syrronas greets the morning as the Elohim often do, awake well before the sun to great it as it rises. He is deep in morning prayers when the smell of food reaches his nose starting a grumble in his stomach. The red haired sorcerer ties his hair back into a pony tail and don's his traveling clothes. he enters the dinning room only a few moments later then Celevan. "My Stomach felt the need to remind me that traveling food is only partially classified as food. This, this now is a banquet! Thank you Mrs. Barrett, I am in your debt." He starts to eat and savors every bite.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Dreams awakes as well, spending the morning deep in prayer, thanking the gods for allowing them to fulfill their mission in helping save Falcon's Hollow from the scourge of Blackscour. Her heart is heavy as she thinks of Vren's siblings though and, in her prayers, she wonders if there is anything more she could have done to save the young woman, asking the Junil and Lugus for guidance. As she rests in prayer, she remembers the guidance of her teachers--that she is not responsible for everything and should not put the burden for all the ills on the world on her own shoulder. She can only do her best, leaving the rest to the gods and chance. She takes this memory for the council of the gods and rises, feeling somewhat better.

She comes down from her rooms and pauses at the sight and smell of the strange human breakfast. She hesitates, but sees the two other elves digging in. "Thank you for this fine food," she says to their hostess, then sits, hesitantly trying the strange food. She soon discovers that it is quite good and eats eagerly.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:33 pm

The older human woman is in her late fifties, and with shocks of grey hair rising from the front of her head she looks rather venerable for one of her kind. "Well you are most welcome Evan, but all these extra people in your room, and at my table." She doesn't want to ask, but you can tell she's seeking some extra coins to cover everything. She's kind, but not a charity. "A cure? Really? Oh how wonderful. I'll tell Lilianna to get to The Roots right away then, Danric is terribly sick, and no one expected him to last another day, but if there is a cure at hand!" Danric is the Ferryman, and Lilianna his wife who you met when you first arrived in town. Their boy Jacoby took a liking right away to Vren's siblings.

The group sits down and eats, there is oatmeal, warm toast with the last of the blackberry jam, thick cut smoked bacon, and hardboiled eggs. She even has a pinch of salt which is hard to comeby up here in the wilds of Falcon's Hollow. Eating and drinking the cider or sheeps milk everyone gets a full belly, and for just that thirty minutes everyone forgets about the Blackscour Taint. That feeling doesn't last long as Torrak pipes up as he's stuffing one more piece of toast in his jam covered mouth, "Excellent, most excellent, but we really should get moving to Laurel. She must be ready for us now, and people are dying after all." He secretly slips a few silver pieces onto the table behind his mug for the woman not wanting to take advantage of her hospitality.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:07 pm

"Indeed," Celevan agrees, rising from the table. "Let's gather our things and be off as soon as we can.

As the others prepare to leave, the blue-eyed Elohim moves over to have a private word with his landlady. "Thank you again for extending your hospitality to my friends, Mrs. Barrett," he says in a low tone. "It seems as if some of them might be staying here for a while. I know that might be an imposition. And I'm sure the children did all they could to deplete your larder while we were gone." He passes over a handful of silver coins. "Please take these to help replenish it. And if you have any extra rooms to let, I think the others might wish to hire them. They're good people and trustworthy. For the duration, however, it seems only fair that you increase my rent to account for the extra work this will cause you and the extra mouths to feed. Please let me know what you think is fair." He gives her a benevolent smile. "And I implore you, don't short change yourself."
I deducted 10 silver from my sheet to give to Mrs. Barrett.

After that, head over to Laurel's

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Torias munches the food, nodding to the landlady in thanks. He still is quiet and does not say much, only a few words in Kilmor to his brother, as well as a quick prayer before eating. Then he gathers his gear and walks along with the others to Laurel. On the way he says: "When this is done, I do need to get meself some decent winter clothing."