Act 1 - Hollow's Last Hope

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Falcon's Hollow: Nighttime

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Laurel looks over the Rat Tail, the Elder Moss, and all the Ironbloom Musrooms, "This should be plenty, more than enough now." Her comment suggests it might not have been before, before what? Before all those people died of the Blackscour.

"Deldrin should be home by now, look for him there." The woman puts a pot of water on the fire and begins to chop up the mushrooms into small diced sections.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:01 am

Dreams says, "I think it best to tell the sheriff now, but I think we should wait till morning to break the news to Vren's siblings. That seems kinder to me." She looks sadly at Laurel. "I do indeed this will help all who need it, for we paid a heavy price to gather it--we lost one of our companions to a warg living in the ruins. You might also like to know that Ulizmila's hut seems to have been long abandoned--we fear the witch may passed away as she traveled elsewhere."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Torias has been silent, reading in his books and not saying much in the meantime. He scratches his chin, lost in thought.
I am back, but need to do some reading of what happened before Torias becomes more active.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Alright! Grimbold is back! I'll stop NPCing him from here on out. I expect it will take you a bit you do some back reading, so catch up and keep posting. Glad to have you return Grim.

Now to find someone to play Torrak.
Laurel gasps, both hands go up to her mouth in shock. "Oh my, I'm so sorry!" She glances around at the group and doesn't see Vren, and can guess who fell in battle. "You have my condolences, I'm so sorry." She moves over to Dreams and places a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Atleast know that she died saving many others." She shakes her head "Thos children she arrived in town with, oh what a shame." She looks truely upset by the news but when she looks away her eyes fall on the ingredients. "Then its all the more important that I complete the cure as quick as possible, so no one else dies from this terrible disease."

Rolling up her sleaves she starts to work ushering you out of the house.

Outside you decide to go and speak to the Sherrif about tomorrows crowd that are certain to gather when word of the cure gets out. Celevan leads you through the town to Baleson's home, where again he raps on the door with the hilt of the dagger. The loud noise wakes up Deldrin inside who answers the door with his large woodsman's axe in hand. "Oh its you." He blinks through the sleep a moment, then smiles, "Its you! Come back with a cure have you?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:23 pm

"Fair Sheriff, we have indeed brought a cure with us to Falcons Hollow. Lauerel works on it now. We Thought it fair to warn you the tomorrow it is likely to be lively as word of the cure spreads." Syrronas informs the sheriff.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:39 pm

"At least we got all the stuff we were looking for, Del," Celevan tells the sheriff. "Laurel's brewing it up right now. We've just got to hope that this potion will do the trick." He yawns involuntarily. "But Syrronas is right. When word gets out about this, things might get ugly." His eyes narrow and he lowers his voice despite the fact that there's no one else around. "And I wouldn't put it past Kreed or Pay Day to try and take the cure from Laurel 'for the good of the town.' I'm not about to let them do that; and I bet you're not either." The two are of the same mind with respect to the thugs that run the lumber consortium.

"We need to get some rest - we've been going since dawn. But if you want some extra muscle around Laurel's in the morning, we can be there. I can leave Suli to watch the place until morning, if you want." He pats the panther on his head. Normally Celevan lets Suli return to the astral when he returns to town. But this time, the eidolon remains.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Deldrin Baleson smiles, "I knew you folks could get the job done." He nods to Syrronas, "You have my thanks ahead of time. I truest Laruel to brew up the cure, and I thank you for the warning. Tomorrow should be rather hectic." He looks to Celevan, "I agree, and I coulds use the extra hands when word gets out." He drops his axe near the door on the inside of the house. "No one will interfere." Obviously he's speaking about those of the Consortium. "Get some rest Evan, it could be a long day."

The Sherrif considers the panther, "Whatever you think if best." He's not about to try and figure out who the panther is, since Celevan left the town with a Wolf and returns with a Panther.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Celevan nods. "Then we'll see you in the morning," he says. "Send word if we're not there when you need us." Then he steps away from the door and leans down to Suletor. "Keep a watch on Laurel's place," he says. "But try and keep out of sight. If there's trouble, give a shout."
See if we can find somewhere out of sight for Suli to watch. I'm thinking on top of a building somewhere.

Yea, it's probably far enough away that he'll drop to half HP. Can't be helped.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:27 am

Dreams adds quietly, "There will be one sad errand we must do in the morning before we can join you. Vren fell to a warg inhabiting the ruins where we found part of the cure--and we must tell her siblings. I think it may take some time to comfort them. Is the human paladin Ellspeth still in town? It seemed she intended to take the children under her wing--perhaps she could remain with them to comfort them, while the rest of us deal with whatever ugliness may develop tomorrow morning."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Deldrin is about to close the door when Dreams speaks of Vren and Ellsbeth and the Kids. "Oh I nearly forgot. No she went after them." The sherrif rubs his tired eyes, "The children aren't here, they ran off to the old Orphanage. Don't worry Ellsbeth went after them once she heard about it." He looks at Celevan, "Evan knows about it, Elara's Halfway House, north out of town. Local kids talked them into it, its starting to sort of become a right of passage these days. Go spend a night in the haunted ruins to prove yourself." He considers a moment, "Come to think of it, not many kids prove themselves, mostly all talk, but that oldest girl of yours, Nessa? She's a hard one, marched right off with all the others kids to prove her mettle. Said something like 'can't be worse than The Pit'." He yawns, "Your Ellsbeth friend went after them, they will be fine."