Interlude - Act 2 and Act 3: Falcon's Hollow

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Ulizmila's Codex - Near the End of the Week

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Torias looks indeed a bit starved, having worked through the last night. He thanks his brother with a few dwarven words and then looks at the others, holding up a crude map. "We can start by searching these three areas." He points with his thick finger. "Here, here and here. I could not find out more for now. We also need to find us some better equipment, I think."
Torias wants to buy a breasplate, and trade in his scalemail if possible.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Dreams nods. "Given the importance of this to the whole world, I guess this takes priority of recapturing Jeva or looking for the Piskies' killers--maybe at a later date. When do we want to set off? Tomorrow morning? Will that give everyone enough time to buy their supplies and prepare?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:55 am

"Still," Celevan says with a shake of his head. "If they're in the Cold Marrow, then they're well protected. That's a a section of the Dark Moon Wood I've never ventured into. It is said to be the domain of dark fey, dangerous monsters, and haunting spirits. I honestly don't know what we could expect to find there. The border of the Cold Marrow is a constant disorienting cold fog, wails in the wind they say are the spirits of the dead, that sort if thing. I've seen the edges of it once or twice, but I've never dared approach it."

"One time when Suli and I were hunting a boar near the Cold Marrow, it turned back when it reached the boarder and charged us, more scared of the fog than being killed by us. It was almost in a state of mad terror. I would not go lightly into the Cold Marrow."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 am

Dreams nods. "Would you have us wait until Torias deciphers more of Ulizmilla's codex? That way, we may have a better sense of what awaits us."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:17 pm

After having eaten, Torias nods to his brother. "Delicious! Why didn't you make those when we were on the road?" He burps and whispers something to his brother, falling back into the old Dwarven language, Kilmor.
<Kilmor>Torrak, this could be more important than the heart of Bhall! I believe it is the Crafter's will that we go and find it. We were sent here for a reason, brother, and together, we shall fulfill the Crafter's plans. It is fate that lead us to find the codex. Our people will be proud of us! He has also sent us these friends to help find the artifacts. Perhaps some of the Gods have reached an agreement and are working together" <Kilmor>
The cleric's face gleams with the butter and from excitement. He takes off his glasses and wipes them on a small piece of cloth he produces from his pocket.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:19 pm

"That seems a good idea," Celevan replies. "For now I think we should take some time to rest and visit the carnival. We've all been through a rough several weeks, and we could use the chance to relax." He smiles. "Besides, the carnival won't always be in town. The Cold Marrow will be there next week."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Torrak nods affirmatively very strongly and begins to playfully rub his brother's shoulders.

<Kilmor>You have my support no matter what little brother! Be it the crafter's will, then so shall it be done...<Kilmor>

Having muttered a few words in dwarven, the bald monk then ruffles the top of Torias' head, disheveling his brother's glasses in the process. Turning his attentions upon the others, he then begins to speak.

"Aye, a bit of fun and relaxation would be good for us all. Especially the little ones! I'm with my boy Blue on this one. Let us take in the carnival and throw caution to the wind, at least for the moment. I've even begun to entertain the notion of growing my hair out!"

Doing all he can to keep from bursting into tears from laughter, the jesting monk then turns back towards his brother and awaits his response.

That'll put some starch in his breeches!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Dreams looks uncomfortable with the thought. "I don't know--with all that's going on, it doesn't feel right taking time out to visit a carnival. If the rest of you want to go, fine. Maybe I could stay here and help Torias translate the Codex?" She looks at the dwarven cleric.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:06 pm

"Nonsense," Celevan says, "no matter what work there is to do, we'll none of us do it well without a chance to relax. And the gods know that's difficult enough in this town." He smiles ruefully. "We have a chance now for a day or two of downtime. We owe it to ourselves to take it. I won't take no for an answer."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:14 pm

"Aye lass." adds Torak. "Best ye listen to ole Blue. I doubt little brother here will get much work done with my foot planted in his arse!" Softly chuckling, the surprisingly up-spirited dwarf then continues. "The poor lad spends too much time buried in his books and tomes. Mother used to always say that I was put here on this planet to make sure that he didn't lose himself in the damned things! Well, that and to try her patience on a daily basis as well. HAH!"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!