Act 5 - Revenge of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Black Dog Boarding House

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Braedon stays in the background as Celevan opens a dialogue with Adran. He studies the man and his mannerisms all the while trying not to make it seem obvious.
Sense Motive during conversation with Adran
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Black Dog Boarding House

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:21 pm

"So its true? That son of a bitch is dead? Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." He grunts and sucks in on his cigar. Then he lifts a boot and puts it on a chair, leans forward and braces on his knee. "Calfious? He have something to do with it? That's rather unexpected. He was a lumberjack, did his work, paid his bill here, spent his money on whores and beer. I liked him!" Standing up he paces a few steps, "He's gone however, if you are looking for him. Cleaned his room out last night and left in the wee hours. Haven't seen him since. Paid his tab with me so didn't ask no questions."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Black Dog Boarding House

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:25 pm

"Yea," Celevan confirms. "Payday is dead. Poisoned. We think Calfious was complicit in the murder to get enough money so he and his woman could run off together." Celevan nods his head toward the rooms. "You mind if we look over his room to see if he left anything behind that might help us with our investigation.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Black Dog Boarding House

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Braedon chuckles at Adran's comments regarding whores and beer then gives Dreams a sideways glance, half expecting her to pierce him with a stare of disgust.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Black Dog Boarding House

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Adran shrugs, "I already rented out his room, but you can have a look if you want. Not sure what's what in there. When I cleaned up for the new guy I didn't find anything interesting." He takes you down the hall and to a room. Knocking he double checks no one is inside, and then opens the door.

Its a simple room, bed, a chair, small table with a wash basin. Has a nice deer skin rug on the floor, and a few mounted fish on the wall, with a shuttered window, but no fireplace of its own. A rucksack is tossed in one corner, and the bed is neatly maid, but looks like someone sat on it to test it out but got up rather quickly.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Black Dog Boarding House

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Braedon looks around the room for a bit, then his eyes fixate upon the deer skin rug. "Nah..." He kneels down, grabs the edge of it and lifts to see if there is anything underneath.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Black Dog Boarding House

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Other than some dirt and mud stains there isn't anything to note under the rug.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Black Dog Boarding House

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:41 pm

Dreams asks Adran, "When you spoke with Calfious or heard him talking with your other tenants, did you hear anything that might make you think he'd run off to a particular place? Any place he had fond memories or some place he'd always wanted to visit or settle down?" As he answers, Dreams studies Adran, trying to tell if he's concealing anything to protect Calfious.
Sense Motive

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Black Dog Boarding House

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:00 pm

"I never heard him mention wanting to to the Pit, or to Malakim if that's what you're asking. Like most I think he mentioned Icitia, any place south and warm, with lots of beer and women. Most Jacks that come through think its so great in the south, but they don't really know. Some are from there granted, but Calfious? I don't recall him talking too much about going anyplace in particular. Honestly didn't think he'd had enough coin for it. Spent all his money on women and wine, but always paid his debts to me so I didn't stick my nose in other people's business."
Sense motives are all coming up sincere.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Black Dog Boarding House

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Celevan nods. "Well, we don't expect to ever see him back in Falcon's Hollow. But if he should show his face here, or if you remember anything that might be helpful, please let us or Sheriff Baleson know."