Act 5 - Revenge of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Act 5 - Revenge of the Kobold King

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:22 am

Dreams suspects that Kreed wants them to keep the business of the Illian Seer to themselves and is trying to bribe them with lumber--something that might be amusing if the matter were not so serious. She politely says, "We would not have presumed to make the decision for Falcon's Hollow. Something this important is a decision for all the townsfolk to discuss and decide among themselves." Knowing this would likely infuriate Kreed, she offers him other reasons beyond simple principle, though she knows he is unlikely to swallow it. "Among the Elohim, when important decisions are made, all the people assemble to make them. Although the assemblies are lead by the wisdom of the elders, we also know that the elders cannot think of everything and open discussion leads to important insights no one, no matter how wise, might have thought of for themselves. A wise leader like yourself will surely want to know what others think on this matter, since everyone in Falcon's Hollow will have to live with the decision. And if they were able to participate in making that decision, they are less likely to speak against it in the future."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:51 pm

Torias has tagged along, but he is not the dwarf to negotiate things or talk to people. He seems clearly uncomfortable, wishing he were back in his study, forging a wand or working on the codex.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Kreed likes Celevan's manner, it puts him at ease until Dreams starts talking about the people. "The people of Falcon's Hollow are fools. You've seen it, in the last few months they have managed to contact deadly diseases, fall pray to depredations of the fey, and generally are uneducated lumberjacks." He paces across the room. "They will do what I tell them to do."

He stops considers, "Perhaps a conversation with Baleson and Laurel wouldn't hurt. I helps to keep the malcontents in line if they think they have a say in the matter." Rubbing his ear, "There are a few others... the mayor perhaps," he rolls his eyes. "Regardless, you were wise to come to me first. Now if you will excuse me I have a town to run."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Dreams smiles and makes a formal bow, glad that she has been able to persuade Kreed that talking to others might not be a bad idea, even if his reasons for acceding to it are not the best. "Of course, Mr. Kreed. We will leave you to your business." She prepares to exit, unless someone else has something more to add.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Wilfried follows the conversation wordlessly his discontent for Kreed all to clear from his expression.
Big Pimpin...

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:45 am

Torias also follows, with a curt nod to Kreed. "If you do not mind, I would resume my studies." With that, he hurries off to his library, to work on a new wand or the codex.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:43 pm

The grup takes their leave of Kreed and heads out of his home and down to the town in the lower areas. Torias is interested in returning to his work, but as you travel along the roads you pass near to Laurel's shop...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Dreams heads into the shop and, if there are customers present, says, "Hey Laurel. I hope things are going well with you. There's something about which we need to have a word in private with you."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Celevan also gives his greetings to Laurel. But the look on his face shows that he has serious matters to discuss. "If you know where Del is," the elohim aasimar adds, "he'll probably want to hear this too."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Laurel is relaxing reading a small book that she bookmarks with a ribbon and sets down when the group arrives. She stands up and offers her greetings in return, "Welcome back, I hadn't heard you were back, how was the wood?" She motions at some chairs and stools for you to use, "Please come in, sit." She catches Evan's look and frowns, "Don't you ever come here just to talk about rainbows and puppies?" With half a laugh she shakes her head, "I don't know where the Sheriff is but we can try and find him if you like."