Act 6 - The Pallid Plague

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Home Sweet Home

Post by Trogdor » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:49 pm

"This is one of our few chances to get legitimate power away from Kreed," Celevan offers. "We spend a lot of time placating him. I think this is one of the few times we risk his displeasure. If it comes to it, I've been in Falcon's Hollow longer than the rest of you. If no one else is willing, I'd stand for magistrate of Falcon's Hollow and risk Kreed's displeasure."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Home Sweet Home

Post by Muskrat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:26 pm

Dreams says, "I'm also willing to be the magistrate--and Kreed already hates me more than any of the rest of you. But let's see what Laurel and Baleson say and then what the townsfolk say. We'll be judging their cases--they ought to have some choice in the matter. That's part of why we're opposing Kreed."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Home Sweet Home

Post by Eilandor » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:46 pm

Braedon stands drying his hands by the fire, "I have no interest in throwing my proverbial hat into the ring, but I am more than willing to help out in this opposition of Kreed."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Home Sweet Home

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Edgrin smiles, "Well maybe we need to have you two fight it out!" He just smiles so wide with his rosy cheeks that even Dreams has to know he's being jovial about that. "Not sure when that's going to even happen however. Plague, that Priest of Mulcarn is coming soon, supplies are running low, and its nearly time to take that supply run." He shakes his head, "Things ain't getting no easier around here."
I think we can sort of FF a bit, you could take a bit of liberty with the next week or so if you like to help get the cure out before that Priest of Mulcarn arrives.

Loose ends:
* Finish the Church, its behind schedule. Do you aid the people keep the deal you brokered?
* Help with the cure in town.
* Start campaigning?
* Assist with the prep for the much needed supply run south.
* Other
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Home Sweet Home

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:25 pm

Celevan starts by helping out Laurel however she needs to get the cure spread around Falcon's Hollow. Once the cure is well and truly ensconced in town, Celavan helps with the construction of the church to Mulcarn. He had no desire to see such a church in town. But a deal was a deal. And perhaps this would buy the town some more time to get on its feet before it had to face the realities of what full WInter meant.

As for the magistrates job, Celevan doesn't so much campaign as he canvasses the town trying to see if they would support him or Dreams in the role, and if so, who they'd prefer.

While he's talking to people about the magistrate, he takes the opportunity to see what people would want on the supply run. He has no doubt they'll have a long wish list to try and fill.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Home Sweet Home

Post by Eilandor » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Braedon is by no means a carpenter which is revealed rather quickly when he aids with the construction of the church. Always willing to learn, and with no interest in seeing Falcon's Hollow break its deal, he does whatever is asked of by those who know. Even Aela is able to pitch in, whether it be fetching bags of items or pulling pallets to their destination. As the people work, Braedon takes mental notes of what people may be interested in seeing returned via the impending supply run.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Home Sweet Home

Post by Muskrat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Dreams does not lift a hand to help build the church of Mulcarn. She simply ignores it as much as possible and instead focuses on helping Laurel cure those who are still ill. In the down time they have, she sounds out Laurel and Baleson about nominating someone opposed to Kreed for magistrate, noting both she and Celevan would be willing to take this on. She later joins Celevan in canvassing the rest of Falcon's Hollow's people on what they think of this. If she can contribute to helping organize the supply run as well, she does.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Home Sweet Home

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Drak spends most of his time lifting heavy things for others. He also has a small fire he keeps going to help those who are working warm. He hasn't really been in Falcon's Hollow long enough to really be considered as someone who should have any sort of power or say in the town. And Drak is completely fine with that.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

November 30th: Mulcarn's Day Eve

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Torias vanishes into the forge in the basement. He spends much time there making nails and forging hinges and other metal items to put to use in the church. He is against the Church of Mulcarn like most, as a Priest of Kilmoprh, and a reasonable person. However he also made the deal, well Kreed made a deal partial because of how Dreams handled things. So he does his part to not break the deal, what would happen to Falcon's Hollow if the deal is broken could be truly terrible. So he is there, helping to finish off the small church, repair the fire damage, and treat the sick too.

The plans for the supply run are finished as well. It turns out Falcon's Hollow is in serious need of this run. While the lumberjacks have made sure there is enough firewood for most, many are still suffering. Food is getting scarce, not all the harvests were finished when winter hit. People lack winter clothing, and other essentials. Its clear that this supply run needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Weeks pass, the Palepox is eradicated from Falcon's Hollow. You learn those lumberjacks at the camp managed to survive, all but one, who died in the time it took to get a cure to them. The camp was burned to purge the disease, an new one set. It put much of the church construction behind schedule but your help has managed to finish it on time, or get it close enough.

Word reaches you also that the Fey are cured of the disease thanks to you, Barnas makes an appearance at the lumber camp and delivers the message which filtered down to you. However that comes with a very angry Kreed. He complains that you helped the fey, "It was a chance to rid ourselves of them once and for all and we wouldn't have had to risk a man to do it!" It puts you even more on his bad side.

The talk of a magistrate circles around, and most folks seem willing to someone of your group. You've done so much for the town, and they remember it, the palepox VERY fresh in their minds. However you come to learn that the magistrate position is almost one controlled by the Lumber Consortium. It's main duties involve dispensing merchant licenses, stamps mining and lumber claims, and passing judgment on criminal and civil cases. Its a serious desk job that could tether anyone to the Tribunal to properly do the job.

Stormy Peal Madison, Kreeds replacement for Payday, is seen about town, forcing men back to worth as they recover from the Palepox, perhaps a bit sooner than they really should be, but time is money and the money is slipping away in Falcon's Hollow. One big job they have started is keeping the river clear. Men are at the docks hacking up the ice with axes to keep the timber floating down river. Pearl is a harsh taskmaster at this, but without the river things could get real bad here real quick.

Vade, the town wizard has spent a great deal of time with the Basin since the cure was made. He relates to you that any water put into the basin, then poured out, will cause the flamebloom flowers to grow, in just about any weather, including the winter. Its both a boon and a bane for the dangers of the flower, but if it could be purified perhaps the basin could be used to grow crops for the town in the winter time. For now however he has no idea how to accomplish that.

The days turn to week, and you realize that tomorrow is the day the Illian Seer set for the arrival of Mulcarn's agent to come and open the church. The church is ready, as much as it can be, for his arrival. You find yourselves at home, talking about all the things going on, and trying to decide what to do about them all.
Its a lot of things here and there going on. Sort things out, i'd love to know what the next plan is. Try and take office, deal with the supply run next, etc...

feel free yo have invited NPCs for dinner and I can NPC them for you, etc. We are nearing the next of the chapter here so want to know what I should be working on for the next chapter.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

November 30th: Mulcarn's Day Eve

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:07 pm

Drak sits in a corner, quiet as usual. That is until he can't help but wonder, "So. I know there are a lot of things to be done, but what should be our next big focus? Should we press to try and get someone we are happy with in as Magistrate? Should we make sure this supply run goes without failure? It may help for us to have clear goals going forward."