Act 6 - The Pallid Plague

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The Cult of Farrel

Post by Muskrat » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:43 pm

Just to clarify: Is the Church of Farrell the only church/ temple in Falcon's Hollow? Or are there other clergy present as well?
Dreams walks slowly through the church, taking everything in, curious about this particular religious movement, which she had read about, but never encountered in person before. When she reaches the priestess, she bows and says, "Hello Reverend Vondrella. I am Reluctant Follower of Dreams of the Dancers in the Glade Clan--Dreams for short. I'm sorry I haven't come to pay my respects before. But something rather serious has come up that we'd like to advise you of--and we hope you'll support us on."
Can I make a Knowledge: Religion roll to dredge up any information that might be helpful in interacting with Vondrella? Religious teachings that are likely to make her sympathetic to our arguments?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Cult of Farrel

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:26 pm

This is the only church around. People may privately worship other deities but there is not established clergy or church about.
Vondrella is a younger woman, perhaps in her early twenties but signs of a hard life linger on her features. She welcomes Dreams and the rest of you inside. "Welcome, come in." She stands before one of the fires with a half smile, "I have heard of your little group, saviors of Falcon's Hollow they call you. Blackscour Taint, the Carnival, who knows what else. I've also heard talk that Master Kreed is no ally of your little group." She folds her arms over his chest, "Now you come to me with something serious? I think I'm a bit worried."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

The Cult of Farrel

Post by Muskrat » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:18 pm

Dreams says, "While we were out in the Cold Marrow, we encountered a woman calling herself the Illian Seer. She commanded a group of frostlings, as well as the blizzard itself, and claimed to be an agent of the Winter God. She will be coming to Falcon's Hollow in a week to ask the town to bend its knee to the Winter God, in turn for his protection. As a servant of the benevolent gods, I don't think we need to tell you that his protection will of the sort offered by organized crime, demanding ever more in return for not being slaughtered en masse, while the weight of oppression grows ever stronger. We were hoping we could work with you to persuade the citizens of Falcon's Hollow to reject the Illian Seer's offer."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

The Cult of Farrel

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:05 pm

When the group enters the church, Drak introduces himself to Vondrella and then lets the others who are familiar with her to do the talking.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Cult of Farrel

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Vondrella listens to the Elohim Paladin with interest. "Mulcarn's agents are coming to protect the town from his wrath and you wish us to turn them away? Then you wish to see Falcon's Hollow buried under snow and its people die and suffer? Or do you have some plan to survive this terrible winter that has already arrived until spring arrives?" She takes a seat offering others to your group.
FYI Adam the groups never dealt with her before. Up until now they have not interacted with her or the church.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

The Cult of Farrel

Post by Eilandor » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Braedon quietly enters the church, only to find he is the last of the group to arrive. He motions for Aela to lay down next to the fireplace, then takes a seat with the others. He simply smiles and nods at the priestess when they make eye contact as he isn't sure where the conversation is at this point.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Grimbold
Title: Professor

The Cult of Farrel

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:29 pm

"I know the Evil One will bury this town under ice and snow whatever we do. Maybe we have a chance to win and save this town. Or would you rather make a pact with these people?" Torias asks quietly.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Cult of Farrel

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:24 pm

"I wish no pact with anyone but my god, but I wonder what plan there is if some agent of Mulcarn is coming here to deal with us? Perhaps there is true diplomacy and understanding to be had between us and them? Perhaps not." She nods to Braedon and smiles at the wolf before the fire. "What would suggest then?"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

The Cult of Farrel

Post by Muskrat » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Dreams says, "I doubt they are interested in true diplomacy. I can understand the appeal of submitting to the Winter God's 'protection,' but what will he or his agents demand in return for the protection. Perhaps some modest tribute at first, but it might well escalate over time if people wish to prevent a Frostling massacre of the town. I would imagine the town would be reduced to virtual slavery. You ask why it could not be true diplomacy? I ask why we should expect a deity such as the Winter God to seek anything then others' total enslavement. I think it is better to create defenses against the Frostling now while we are free to, then later, after they have a hold on the town and will crush anyone who tries to pry their grip loose."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

The Cult of Farrel

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Drak's voice comes from behind everyone. When everyone looks back at him, his bronze colored skin is emanating a very faint but still noticeable orange light. "It is quite obvious that I have not been in this town long. I have come from the Malakim desert. Many deity worshipping fanatics roam those lands and very rarely does good come from them. I have not met this Seer, but from what I can gauge of the situation it is unlikely that this Seer can mean anything good for this town. While it is possible for diplomatic resolve, being ready for when the Seer gets here cannot hurt."
Diplomacy or Aid Diplomacy. Whatever would yield a better base result.