Act 7 - No Shortage of Peril

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Split the Party We'll Cover More Ground

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Argith is spun and marched about further then needed to throw him off. You just home the smells of the Black Candle aren't to particular for him to pick up on. He's put in the basement without incident tied up. You only hope those four men don't plan some escape, with only the herbalist to stop them.

With that, the task is finished. On to the next.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:45 am

"Ok lets go back to the inn to get some more information!" Torias suggests.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:16 pm

"Right," Celevan agrees. "Let's see what Bumbo can tell us about the passageways under the wall."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Torias is rubbing his head, "Maybe you should leave Suli here as a guard, until we need him for his muscle? I would hate for our herbalist friend to get overwhelmed by our prisoners if they try something." He then joins the other two and you make your way through the cold winter night to the Dead Well Inn.

So you head into Inn, at this hour its mostly empty now, only a few tables of people are sitting playing cards drinking. Bumbo is at one of the tables, apparently getting fleeced by the locals at poker. Dreams, Drak and Milon are sitting with a few drinks at another table.
Time to rejoin the threads!

The other thread joins up from here:
viewtopic.php?f=526&t=9064&p=349828#p349828
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:49 pm

"That's a good idea," Celevan says. "It also gives us instant communication with the shop. It'll also make us less conspicuous." So, after explaining the matter to Suli and introducing him to the herbalist, they go about their business one eidolon short.

Back at the inn, the summoner moves over to Bumbo and puts a hand on the man's shoulder. "Join us for a drink?" he says. "Surely your companions can spare you for a little while."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Dreams raises a hand to catch the attention of Celevan, Torias and Braedon, then looks on curiously as they speak to Bumbo. She turns back to Milon and says, "Those may be good groups of people to ask, but we would need some introductions."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Celevan heads for Bumbo, and puts a hand on the slow man's shoulder. "H-h-h-hello!" Bumbo stinks of beer, and from the looks of the card game on the table he's getting utterly fleeced by these men. He's down to just a few copper coins left total. "I-I-I don't have enough for another d-d-drink." He slurs a bit.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 pm

"Not to worry," Celevan says. "I'll take care of the drinks." He flashes a disappointed look at the men fleecing the poor fellow, and begins to rethink his own motives. If he really cared about Bumbo he'd try and help the fellow, not just pump him for information.

"You've got his coins," Celevan says to the gamblers. "I don't imagine you'll argue with me about his company."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:18 pm

The men laugh, "Take him! He's out of coins, and no good to us!" They laugh rather roughly at the poor Bumbo who trips over his long yellow cloak as he moves off with Celevan nearly falling. The gamblers are drunk, and have no conscious it would seem to fleece the mentally challenged young man. Bumbo smiles, "I-I-I had them right where I w-w-w-wanted them." Regardless of his terrible spot he maintains a sunny disposition.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Dreams looks at Milon and says, "I suspect Celevan will be bringing Bumbo to join us. The others think he may know something about the tunnels. I am doubtful." She shrugs. "But I feel bad for the poor fellow and would certainly be happy to make sure he gets a decent meal. But is there anyone you know here who might be able to help us that you would be willing to introduce us to?"