Act 7 - No Shortage of Peril

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Secret Laboratory: Round 1

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Dreams holds still, scanning the room for a sign of the crepitus, planning on attacking it with the power of the gods when it strikes.
Delay action until the Crepitus attacks, so I know where it is--then attack it with Smite Evil.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Secret Laboratory: Round 1

Post by Eilandor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Braedon moves between Torias and the octagonal wall while drawing his bow. Drawing back an arrow, he takes aim and fires at the massive armored golem.
Move: NW NW, Draw Bow
Standard: Attack Golem (Deadly Aim)

Sheet updated
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Secret Laboratory: Round 2

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Round 1 Celevan 19, Drak 19, Torias 15, Crepitus 12, Dreams 11, Braedon 6, Golem 1

Round 2 (Dreams Delaying) Celevan 19, Drak 19, Torias 15, Crepitus 12, Braedon 6, Golem 1
Dreams waits, she is scanning the room for the devil, the others will handle the golem. She waits and waits.

Braedon doesn't wait, he moves into the room slipping past Torias and behind a table. With an extra strong pull he fires an arrow into the center mass of the golem. It doesn't seem to react or care that the arrow burried itself up to the fletching, but that had to hurt it.

The thrull golem, now fully active turns on the nearest real foe -- Drak. It lifts its hooked hands up and slams one down at Drak. Drak tries to dodge but is caught by a hook, it rips his clothing and armor and scratches his flesh underneath pretty good. Then as he's recovering he takes the second hook, in a backhand, across the belly that opens a massive and rather serious wound over his abdomen. He's already bleeding and in bad shape from those two swings.

Celevan, Drak, Torias...
Dreams: Delays
Braedon: Move/Draw, Deadly Aim,PBS, Attack Golem: 24 vs FF: Hit for 17 - DR 5/? = 12 Dmg
Golem: Full Attack Drak: 26 Hit for 9 Dmg, 26 Hit for 19 Dmg = 28Total

Drak @ 27/55 HPs
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Celevan pauses where he is and uses some of his diminishing magical power to hasten everyone in their attacks. For as long as that power lasts, he might be more useful casting spells than a simply attacking with his morningstar.

The hound archon, temporarily deprived of an enemy. turns instead on the golem, hoping that it's claws will pierce the creature's tough exterior.
Celevan
Standard Action: cast Haste on group

Hound Archon
Full Action: Full Power Attack (bite and slam + extra attack from Haste) on the golem
Free Action: Aura of Menace
Hound Archon
LG Medium outsider (archon, extraplanar, good, lawful)
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft., detect evil, low-light vision, scent; Perception +10
Aura aura of menace (DC 16), magic circle against evil

DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 10, flat-footed 19 (+9 natural; +2 deflection vs. evil)
hp 51 (6d10+18)
Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +5; +4 vs. poison, +2 resistance vs. evil
DR 10/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; SR 15

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +10 (1d8+5), slam +10 (1d4+3) or mwk greatsword +11/+6 (2d6+5), bite +5 (1d8+4)
Power Attack bite +8 (1d8+9), slam +8 (1d4+7) or mwk greatsword +9/+4 (2d6+9), bite +3 (1d8+8)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 6th)
Constant—detect evil, magic circle against evil
At Will—aid, continual flame, greater teleport (self plus 50 lbs. of objects only), message

STATISTICS
Str 19, Dex 10, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 12
Base Atk +6; CMB +10; CMD 20
Feats Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Power Attack
Skills Acrobatics +9, Intimidate +10, Perception +10, Sense Motive +10, Stealth +13, Survival +14; Racial Modifiers +4 Stealth, +4 Survival
Languages Celestial, Draconic, Infernal; truespeech
SQ change shape (beast shape II)
Aura of Menace (Su) [DC 16 for hound archon] A righteous aura surrounds archons that fight or get angry. Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of an archon must succeed on a Will save to resist its effects. The save DC varies with the type of archon, is Charisma-based, and includes a +2 racial bonus. Those who fail take a –2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until they successfully hit the archon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same archon’s aura for 24 hours.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Re: Act 7 - No Shortage of Peril

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Torias mentally instructs his spiritual ally to attack the crepitus as soon as he appears. Then he adjusts the glasses dangling on his nose, steps forward and slashes at the golem with his magical axe.
Ready: Swift action: Move Spiritual ally to Crepitus as soon as he appears. Attack Crepitus. Movement 30 ft, fly, cannot be attacked.
5ft step sw
Full attack Golem (with extra attack for haste). Ready shield if possible.
Spiritual Weapon still attacks Golem, no effect, I guess.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Act 7 - No Shortage of Peril

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:37 am

Drak is in a tough situation. But to retreat now could very well put him in an even worse situation. So he laughs. "I've *cough* got you right where *cough* I want you." Blood dripping from his wounds, Drak plants his feat and attempts to rip apart the golem. Drak then stumbles back in pain, trying to put a little bit of distance between him and the Golem.
Full-Attack vs Golem (Bite, Claw, Claw)

5ft. step E

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Round 2 Celevan 19, Drak 19, Torias 15, Crepitus 12, Spirit Ally 11, Dreams 11, Braedon 6, Golem 1

Spirit Ally Delayed new init for it Grimbold
Dream's Delay sets her initiative here. You'll want to post, not use your "If Then" from before. Thanks.
Celevan's dwindling power is brought to bare once more, he fills the company with a haste of action. You speedup, reflexes, precision, agility, all go up to 11 (on a scale of 1 to 10 of course). You leap into action. His Hound Archon turns on the golem and takes two swift strikes that bounce off its armor plating before he scratches a long wound down its back pealing away flesh.

Drak, badly hurt, stays in, perhaps counting on the others to keep him alive. Flanking with the Spirit Ally he manages a quick few bites and claws. Each one lands, each one barely harming it. Perhaps a death by a thousand cuts will win the day.

Torias orders his ally to be ready for the reappearance of the Cepitus, and so it delays as he himself moves up and hacks into the Thrull Golem. His first swing, speedily misses, but his second connects with its leg and opens a nice sized gash along it where black fluids spill out onto the floor. It seems to be weakening.

Then the Cerepitus appears, its flying near the ceiling, its feet about 15 feet in the air, its head nearly 20 feet up. The body of the creature begins to glow bright red with a heat coming off it. Cackling a powerful dispel washes over the company and the speed and haste you felt is gone! "You die you die now!"

Torias' Spirit leaps into the air, flying itself, and swings its axe of force into the wing of the devil connecting, ever so lightly, barely grazing the Crepitus's flesh. Still, it hit!

Dreams, who had delayed around, and Braedon....

Celevan: Haste Group (All PCs, Hound, Not Spirit Ally cause of its nature as a spell)
Hound Archon: Full Power Attack vs Golem (Hasted) 17 Miss, 12 Miss, "20" (Crit: 22) Cirtical Hit for 19 - 5 DR = 14 Dmg
Drak: Full Attack Golem (Hasted) [Flank], 24 Hit for 8 - 5 = 3, 24 Hit for 8 - 5 = 3, 28 Hit for 13 - 5 = 8, 18 Miss = 14 Total, 5ft East
Torias: Order Spirit Ally, 5ft, Full Attack Golem (Hasted): 15 Miss, 28 Hit for 13 - 5 = 8 Dmg
Crepitus: Dispell Magic Area (Haste): CLC 26 - Dispelled, Activate Strange Heat Runes on Body
Spirit Ally: Delayed: Fly, Attack: 30 Hit [SR: 24] Hit for 3 Dmg No DR it’s a spell not a person
Note, Crepitus and Spirit Ally are both Flying 15ft up
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Dreams drops her sword at her feet and draws her bow. As she aims, she calls out, "Junil and Lugus, guide my hand!" then looses an arrow suffused with divine power at the devil.
So, I'm not sure exactly how some of the details of this work. If I'm within 60' of the crepitus and this counts as an out of combat shot, I'll stay where I am. If it's not within 60', I move Wx4. (Yes, I know that gives the golem an AoO against me. I think I have enough HP to take the hit.) Also, if moving closer would remove the shootingf into combat penalty, I do so. (I'm not sure this counts as in combat, given the position of the crepitus floating well above the melee.)

Free Action: Drop sword.
Free Action (Quick Draw): Draw bow.
Swift Action: Invoke Smite Evil vs. crepitus

If I moved, Standard Action: One attack. If I stayed where I was, Full Round Action: Two attacks vs. crepitus with bow/ smite evil.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Round 2 Celevan 19, Drak 19, Torias 15, Crepitus 12, Spirit Ally 11, Dreams 11, Braedon 6, Golem 1
Dreams' sword clatters to the floor, her bow is in hand, and she channels her divine rage through it. A step to have a line of sight on the devil puts her pulling her bow back. The first arrow flies from her bow narrowly avoiding the Spirit Ally that's fighting the devil and pierces deeply into the belly of the Crepitus. The thing is howling and screaming, shocked to suffer such a wound! The second arrow flies wide right.

Braedon...
Not sure I understand some of your concerns, but let me explain my post

Clearly you are within 60 feet, You are at 45ft give or take a foot or two for the angle. You aren't worried about shooting in combat, this IS combat, we rolled initaitive. What you are worried about is into Melee. If a foe is fighting melee (adjacent to an ally) then you are shooting into melee, no matter what the angle is. You also don't have line of sight on it, the Spirit Ally is in the way, so you 5ft and have some what of a shot, so away we go.

You smite evil: Shoot into Melee, Range 45ft, and you hit, then you miss. No DR and since its Outsider, double dmg on the smite.

Dreams: Drop Sword, Draw Bow, Smite Evil vs Crepitus: (Evil Outsider): Shooting into Melee (No Range Penalties @ 45ft): 30 Hit for 18 Dmg No DR, 16 Miss

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:10 pm

The sensation of Celevan's haste spell are gone nearly as soon as it arrived. Braedon turns his attention to the now visible winged demon. He draws his first of three arrows, sets it and draws back slightly more than normal. The ranger is willing to sacrifice a bit of aim for a bit more punch.
Full: Attack Crepitus (Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim)
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"