Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Drak leans in closely and speaks with a softer voice. "Lets just say that we are saving lives by taking these. And now we have to not let anyone know we have them. Or bad things could start happening."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Milon nods and taps his nose, "I get your meaning. Well they are safe with us here, as safe as they could be any place really." He yawns, "Its late, care for a night cap woman of my Dreams? Or anything else, if not, I'm cold and tired and I'm going back to bed."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Muskrat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:14 pm

Dreams says in mild amusement, "Well, you'll be going back to your bed cold, tired and alone eventually, but we might need some more help in the mean time. Have you been to this city before? Do you have any connections here you trust? We need to dig up some information."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:49 am

"Or hear anyone talking about underground tunnels?" Drak adds.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Milon finishes hiding the urns under all the caravan's stuff. He ties it down, tossing a rope to Drak to help. He frowns at Dream's comment about going to bed alone, he keeps trying, but isn't getting anywhere with the Elohim. "I've been here, several times, supply trips for the Consortium, that's why you brought me, or maybe it was for my rugged good looks?" He rubs his hands and blow in them against the cold. "Let's go inside its freezing out here." So you head into Inn, at this hour its mostly empty now, only a few tables of people are sitting playing cards drinking. Bumbo is at one of the tables, apparently getting fleeced by the locals at poker.

Milon gets a warm cider, and speaks in a whisper, "I've heard he rumors Drak, they run in and out of the keep from someplace in the south of town. Word was some old duke or lord or what not was using them to cheat on his wife with a young lady in town, but those are tales of drunk miners and stuff. Personally, never seen them."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Muskrat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:59 pm

Dreams orders wine, then asks Milon, "Do you know anyone locally who might know and might be willing to share that information?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Milon yawns, sips the drink when it arrives, he seems tired, "Personally? No. Keep guards? The Mining company representatives? Smugglers? Maybe the current Baron is doing the same thing..." he looks around, "...but I don't see any Ladies of the Night, if you catch my drift."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:36 pm

As you are sitting talking, Celevan, Braedon and Torias arrive in the Inn.
Joining the threads again. You guys should start posting in the main thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=526&t=8725&p=349829#p349829