Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:18 pm

After exploring much of Olfden, the company has started to take action to prevent the loss of life during the Ictian Siege. After capturing the guards (and killing one) who were taking a massive amount of Alchemist Fire from Argith's Shoppe to the Baron the company has decided to split. Celevan, Braedon and Torias are going to deal with Argith himself, and then go speak to Bumbo about what he knows.

That leaves Dreams and Drak to deal with the alchemist fire itself, then its off to speak to the company from Falcon's Hollow that came with them into town to see if any of them might know something that could help.

So Dreams and Drak leave The Black Candle, the place next store to Argith's and head across the street to the garden of the Jones family where the stuff was temporarily stashed.
Welcome Dreams and Drak to this thread.

We arrived from: viewtopic.php?p=349352#p349352
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Dreams looks at Drak and says softly, "I'm tempted to follow Torias' suggestion and torch the Black God's temple--but that would prematurely expose the fact that there are trouble-makers about. Ideally, we would find a place to hide the alchemical fire till we had a use for it. Unless we can think of a clever way to do that, we may have to settle for simply pouring it out somewhere safe."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:53 am

Drak nods thoughtfully at the idea to torch the Black God's temple. "I could likely detonate it from a distance, but would require to have line of sight with it to do so. But, I could do so from several hundred feet away." He strokes his beard. "The thing with Alchemist Fire is that is ignites on contact with air. So pouring it out would just set it off anyways. There might be a way to neutralize it, but nothing is coming to mind currently. I've seen it used plenty, but.." Drak raises his hands, "I've never had a need to."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:01 pm

The pair head into the garden, and there are the three large urns, too large in fact for them to carry very far, that's why the guards were loading it on the wagon they had. Drak is right you can't just 'pour it out'.
Don't forget you have a dozen NPCs up at the Inn with sleds, and merchant gear, and all that stuff!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Muskrat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Dreams looks carefully at the urns. "So--I imagine our best bet is to disguise these as something else--urns of olive oil or something?--and pick them up using the hauling equipment we picked up at the inn. Then we can hang on to them and set them off at a judiciously chosen time and place." She paces back and forth, adding, "It's an iffy plan--I don't how well we can disguise them and how discretely we can store them--but it seems like the best choice for now." She looks to Drak to see what he thinks.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:14 pm

Drak nods. Then finally says after a long pause, "I can't think of a better plan right now. Let us try that."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:20 pm

Well a plan is made, so Dreams heads back to the Inn and gathers up the gear the group from Falcon's Hollow has. Drak remains to keep an eye on things here just in case. Dreams runs into Milon while there, and he of course hits on her a bit, then asks what she's into. He joins her returning back to the garden, driving the sled. The trio loads up the urns into the sled, and returns with them to the Dead Well Inn.

Milon is curious, driving the horses as you go, "So what have you two gone and gotten into, and where are the others?"
Speeding us up, let's not debate, lets act

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Muskrat » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Dreams looks at Milon and says, "I trust you, so I'll tell you if you really wish to know, but you are most likely safer off not knowing. It is your call."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Drak nods, affirming that knowing is probably not preferrable.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act 7 - Deeds, Not Words

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Milon pauses, "Well, you just gave me a hundred pounds of alchemist fire." He says as the sled is moving back to the inn with the clip clop of the horse's hooves. "Maybe you should tell me something!" He pulls on the reigns as he parks the sled and double checks the urns, pulls a canvas over them and starts to stack random stuff on the pile to hide the urns.