Character Generation

This is the OOC forum for the Fallen Empires game in the Age of Ice realm.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Character Generation

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:37 pm

I've continued to double check the character sheets

Approved:
Torrak
Syrronas
Torias

Grimbold take note that I updated the Power's page, you didn't have the new spells per day updated, but you memorized them. Also remember you can not convert Domain Spells into Healing. We need to pay attention to that.

Spellcasters Notice! Go ahead and update your memorized spells for the morning now. I'm also healing the group from sleep as well, no one should be hurt come morning, between sleeping and Torias you are all healed.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

paradoxa
Level 12
Level 12

Post by paradoxa » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Alright.. I think I'm done. One thing I did not manage to do was include the bonus from the Weapon Finesse... how does that work, Var?

ps: is there some way to get dropdown lists to work in google docs?

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Is Dodge target specific as in 3.5 or merely an all-around +1 Dodge bonus as long as you maintain a standard Dex bonus? If the latter, you might want to add it to Torrak's equipment section.

That is all...

Eanwulf the Grey
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Responding to a few comments.

[Summon Monster I]

Like V, I don't have any trouble per se with someone else summoning. But Torias will definitely be second fiddle. A summoner has a few key abilities that make him much better at summoning (go figure). The biggest is that it's only a standard action to cast for a summoner, while it's a full action for a regular caster. That's huge. Full round casting really limits your ability to cast it unless you're in a safe place where you aren't likely to get hit during the casting.

After that is duration. A summoner gets a minute per level, while other casters only get 1 round per level. SM I is really only going to be good maybe up to 3rd level beasties. And that's only 2 or 3 rounds. By the time it's duration is long enough, it won't be any good to you.

There's also the fact that as a summoner, Celevan is blowing two feats (spell focus(conjuration) and augmented summoning) to make his summoned creatures better. Since I suspect you have better things to spend your feats on, it also means that your creatures won't be as good as Celevan's. And if there's one thing I've learned from playing summoning casters, it's that they tend to be fragile compared to what you're fighting. (Rightly so, I might add.) But that means that the added HP, to hit roll, and damage that Augmented Summoning gets you is very important.

Then there's the wider range of spells you have access to. A summoner only has a limited spell list. So it might be more interesting for you to take something that Celevan doesn't have access to.

I'll also add that it takes more work to deal with summoned monsters. My posts are longer and take longer to work up. That's something (though not everything).

[Drop down Lists in Google Docs]

So far as I know, there's no way to do it. I think that functionality isn't supported in the GDocs version of Excel.

[Dodge in Pathfinder]

Yes, it gives you a general +1 Dodge against all attackers so long as you keep your Dex bonus.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:37 pm

I've updated my character sheet in Google docs. I've chosen to go with the average hit dice, rather than the random roll. (I too am risk averse and also just dislike random elements in character generation.) However, I put a 7, not a 6, in the dice roll cell, because the Google docs version of the character sheet still doesn't seem to translate the bonus hit point or skill point you get for advancing in your favored class automatically into your total hit/skill points for that level. (It does seem to work fine in the version of the sheet I downloaded onto my own computer though. Maybe it's another problem with the Google version of Excel, like not supporting drop-down menus.)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:12 am

Dodge is an all the time bonus now, I did exactly that Eanwulf, I added Dodge Feat to the Armor section as a Dodge bonus.

Unforutnately right now dropdowns don't workin Google Docs. If you want to make the weapon Finesse, in the second collum of the weapon area, you see "Melee" you change that to "Finesse Weapons" and it will calculate the weapon with Weapon Finesse. You can check a blank sheet for drop down options, maybe I'll need to make a reference sheet for all drop downs, that would help alot I think.

I think your character on google might be made with an older version of the sheet is all Muskrat. At one point the fixes were too great to update everyone's sheet online. I know Syyronas is running a really old sheet. If I get time and a bug up my butt perhaps I'll update all character to the new excel and reupload them all. Or feel free to update your characters theo v2b9 at this point and resend them to me. No major changes should be coming out at this point such as the addition of cells, etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:13 am

Muskrat I see the error on your sheet, I'll run the fix for the HP thing.

Sheet Combat, Cell P7
=SUM(LevelUp!L3:AY3)+Computation!R9*Combat!P3+Feats!I3*Combat!P3+Feats!H3+SUM(LevelUp!B48:B67)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:17 am

Yup, the Favored Class Skill point is also missing.

I would suggest before we go too far everyone update to the newest sheet, and from there we should only be dealing with small bugs and not major changes like that one, or the SR one, or caster level, etc.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:22 am

Approved:
Torrak
Syrronas
Torias
Celevan
Dreams (I made minor edits and added notes)
Vren (Your sheet isn't working with the Finesse Weapon addition, I'll play with it but otherwise all good)

Missing
Suletor

Note: Please make sure to fill in your notes area with stuff, I've done it alot for folks on this level up, it keeps me from having to flip around to find feats, and ability descriptions.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:28 am

Oh easy fix for Vren, on the Computation page Finesse was set to work with STR, I made it DEX and we are good.

You guys are ready to rock and roll!