Theme - Dwarves

This is the OOC forum for the Fallen Empires game in the Age of Ice realm.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Theme - Dwarves

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:50 pm

What follows is the generally accepted theme of the Dwarves of Patria. Much thanks goes out to Eanwulf and Grimbold for developing the dwarves.

Dwarven Strongholds
Kral-Nordak "Grand Royal Mine": The largest dwarfhold that contains a rather extensive mithral mine. The current leader (Grand Alrid) of the Azbin Vonthel is one Helias Deepstone) lives there as well as the "High King" (Brakkor Goldhelm) - the most important dwarf king whose council conducts the day to day affairs of the entire dwarven race. Consider Brakkor to be the dwarven equivalent to an emperor, ruling over the other tribes as best he can. The fact that this hold contains the largest mithral supply should make it the most powerful (and guarded) overall - as its valuable resources are desperately needed during the current time of war.

Kral-Valror "Mystic Mine": A smaller dwarfhold, where the Grand Alrid of the Kilani Yur (the most honorable & revered Rathmar Runeforger) lives. This hold features an extensive library kept by the clerics of the Kilani Yur. Within said library is rumored to contain all the history and secrets of the dwarves, as well as an enormous shrine dedicated to the dwarves' founding god, Kilmorph. The clan's curently appointed king (Barak Goblinsplitter) is an old veteran of the former wars who has become less and less decisive due to his advancing years - though he is still quite well-respected due to his past exploits. Rumors of corruption and dissolution amongst the Kilani Yur echo throughout the hall as a rival heir (Davik Blacktongue - a surname given from his tattooed tongue) has begun to stir doubt amongst the clan about his great uncle's sanity and overall fitness to continue ruling his people during their times of duress.

Kral-Eldak "Warrior's Mine": A dwarfhold that is well protected and resembles a fortress. The Grand Alrid of the Barring Mor resides there (Gorek Trueaxe). The king (Braddok Goldhelm) is Brakkor Goldhelm's brother and a mighty warrior who works together well with the Grand Alrid (they are like minded - focused on war and protection). It is here that the two groups have managed to found an elite organization of well armored and disciplined units known as the "Ironbound."

Kral-Aldak "Forge Mine": A dwarfhold with extensive workshops and the Grand Alrid of the Ovora Ina, Frorin Forgehammer, resides there. At the moment, the King Dagaar Stoneshifter, oversees the efficiency of the operation and is more interested in exporting dwarven artifacts into human lands than in fighting any threats. Thus, this dwarfhold has become the wealthiest and Dagaar has developed a severe goldlust. Home to the all-but-nefarious "Knights of the Black Forge" (a band of immoral, greedy, and down-right selfish mercenaries), and the neutral-minded "Mage-smiths" (a merchant guild of dwarven craftsmen who care little for anything save than practicing their trade); Kral-Aldak is a saddened necessity amongst the dwarven peoples - one that High King Brakkor must defend as equally as his own!

Kral-Fardak "Fortress Mine": This smaller mine also resembles a fortress and a small army of stout dwarf warriors protects this one. King Orin Steelhammer is known to be very strict with his retainers. This location is the hardest hit by the Ember Clans and is in a deep state of perpetual war and many say is on the brink of falling to the Orc Clans of Ember.

Kral-Beldak "Northern Mine": The northernmost dwarfhold. King Orrek "the Craftkeeper" is known to be very conservative (even for dwarf standards). It is here that a smaller sect of cousin-dwarves (known collectively as the Tundrin; think arctic/nordic variety) are found. Fierce northern warriors, the Tundrin have reluctantly begun to lend their aid to the ongoing battles and have lent the skills of their raging berserkers (a group known as the Mountain's Fury) to King Brakkor's cause.

Kral-Radak "Garden Mine": This hold features some orchards and gardens outdoors (as well as cattle), which makes it special. The dwarfs here eat more diverse food and are more open to other cultures. (There are also more rangers among them). King Dorrak Mithralgab is known to be a very good diplomat and has a good relationship with the neighboring nations. Here you will find the rather reclusive dwarven druids and rangers that comprise the King's guard (rangers & scouts = Stonehounds; druids, bards, sorcerers = Stonesingers' barbarians, fighters, paladins = Stormhammers).

Kral-Ardent "High Pass Mine" This hold is on (or under) one of the passes through the Aldar Mountains. King Torrok Shieldbearer swore to defend the pass with his life, though it is unclear against what or who. King Torrok has established an elite unit of guerilla/tunnel fighters known as the "Cavernsgaard" and it is their duty to make sure that the formerly impenetrable entrance into the dwarven domain remains thus.
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Theme - Dwarves

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Factions of the Dwarves

Kilani Yur "proud bearers of runes" (Rune Bearers)
The Kilany Yur are responsible for the lore and the extensive libraries and are often asked to settle a conflict or for advice on proper rituals or on decisions. They are the most secretive and conservative of the orders.

Ovora Ina (Ovor-ah Ee-NAH) "cunning protectors of the craft" (Makers)
The Makers make sure that the common craftsmen create things using the proper rituals and prayers and they also do a part of the education of the young dwarfs who want to become craftsmen.

Azbin Vonthel (Ahz-BIN VOHN-thell) "guardians of the rock, earth tunnelers" (Stone Walkers)
The Stonewalkers advise the miners on where to find more ore, they make sure the proper prayers are said every day when mining. Often they accumulate lots of knowledge about the earth, geology and metals. Thus they also assist in the schooling of the young dwarfs.

Barring Mor (BAHR-ing Moor) "bold armor crushers" (Shield Breakers)
The Shieldbreakers are a kind of Templar order, assigned to protect the temples and the priests of the other orders. Sometimes they can be found as bodyguards of other priests.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring