Chatter - Party Tactics

This is the OOC forum for the Fallen Empires game in the Age of Ice realm.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chatter - Party Tactics

Post by Muskrat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Okay, well, it sounds like we might not be able to blow off the gates anyway. And I see your point, Trog. Some of that depends on how much control the General has over his men, but I guess we can't count on that being too strong.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:17 pm

I think we:
a) need to get word out to the besiegers about the barons fire weapon.
b) need to do something about the temple.
c) need to get to the baron in person and take him out.

for a) I think we might send a message on an arrow or maybe Suli could bring the message to the officer.

b) maybe blow it up. or first visit it and see whats there (though this takes time)

for c) we need some way into the keep. We have reasons to believe there might be some hidden tunnels. We need more information on those. The only building directly at the keep wall is the horse seller, that might be some way in. Maybe we could even go over his roof. We are not all talented climbers I think.
We might also just try and get an audience, though there will be more guards present during an audience. And he might not be granting audiences during a siege.
We should also alert our rebel friends, we need all the help we can get. Maybe they know something.

Ideas? Comments?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:55 pm

I don't disagree, but would just add that we probably don't have that much time, as the Baron's troops will probably come looking for their missing alchemical fire and men--and it probably won't take long to find them on a house-to-house search.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:57 pm

It feels like we're stuck in a rut. We keep going around in circles, because the one good plan we have is to sneak in using the tunnels and kidnap the Baron, but we have no idea where the tunnels are and don't have a good plan for finding them.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:46 am

I think we need to look at the horse sellers house. And we need to talk to Bumbo. He said himself that he knows a lot, and he is, I think, friendly to us. Maybe the smith might also know something. So let's move to talk to Bumbo, then the smith and then have a look at the horse sellers house.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Just do SOMETHING. You guys keep OOCly thinking of things, shooting them down, without ever trying something. There is a world of things going on without you, things happen out there.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:33 pm

You can always split up.

Plus don't forget you arrived in town with a DOZEN other people, some of who have been here before.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Move Action: NW, W, so I'm one E of the captain. As far as I can tell from looking at the rules, having a reach weapon doesn't give him an AoO or anything, it just allows him to hit a more distant foe.

For reference it does not give him EXTRA AoO, but since he threatens an area of 10 feet instead of 5, when you move out of that threatened area he gets and AoO. So you move into the 10ft space No AoO, then out of the 10ft space to be adjacent AoO.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Ooops, Torias did a Channel Energy: +11, that means everyone is healthy

Dreams is down 9
Braedon is down 3

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Just for future reference...

Detect Evil (Sp)
At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell.
-Meaning all the spell aspects apply.

A paladin can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds.

So this alters the spell giving you the option to switch items as a move action, it actually LIMITS your use of the spell to a single item, unlike the spell that is a Cone Effect.

While focusing on one individual or object, the paladin does not detect evil in any other object or individual within range.

I believe I gave you WAY more information than you should have, my mistake on that.