Chatter - Party Tactics

This is the OOC forum for the Fallen Empires game in the Age of Ice realm.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chatter - Party Tactics

Post by Muskrat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Yes, fair enough--and I was only expecting information on the Baron.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:58 pm

yeah, he's evil ;)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Given that Dreams has one Smite Evil left, it probably makes sense for her to attack the Crepitus. We just have to find it first ...

V, with the Delay Action rules, can I delay my action into the next round. I want to wait for the Crepitus to strike, so we can tell where it is, then move to intercept it. As I do so, I would invoke Smite Evil vs. it. Is this a viable plan?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Delay
By choosing to delay, you take no action and then act normally on whatever initiative count you decide to act. When you delay, you voluntarily reduce your own initiative result for the rest of the combat. When your new, lower initiative count comes up later in the same round, you can act normally. You can specify this new initiative result or just wait until some time later in the round and act then, thus fixing your new initiative count at that point.

You never get back the time you spend waiting to see what’s going to happen. You also can’t interrupt anyone else’s action (as you can with a readied action).

Initiative Consequences of Delaying
Your initiative result becomes the count on which you took the delayed action. If you come to your next action and have not yet performed an action, you don’t get to take a delayed action (though you can delay again).

If you take a delayed action in the next round, before your regular turn comes up, your initiative count rises to that new point in the order of battle, and you do not get your regular action that round.

---

So basically you can Delay until after the Cerepitus appears, then you would act on the initiative count AFTER it finishes its action for the round. Totally fine with me, that works, and you'd be able to post as normal on the new initiative.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:00 pm

While the spiritual ally cannot damage the golem, it is fast, and can prevent either the golem or the crepitus from passing certain places or assist in flanking. I guess the golem can withstand a great deal of damage in melee as well, and as we cannot attack with spells, we need to hack it to pieces, I think. Torias will need to use his axe I think. As soon as the crepitus appears, Torias will direct his spiritual weapon to attack him.

Dreams: Maybe you could ready an action for when the crep appears...

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:48 pm

Okay, then I will delay my action to hammer the Crepitus. I'm gonna guess he's really not going to like Smite Evil. I'm also operating on the assumption that he probably has some sort of greater invisibility and will remain invisible even after attacking, thus my delay in order to be able to zero in on him immediately after he strikes. If I'm wrong and he becomes visible, so much the better.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Grimbold, does Torias have any Channel Energy uses left that he can use to keep Drak from bleeding to death? If not, Dreams can try to get to him to Lay on Hands before he bleeds out.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:17 pm

I can heal him. Will do next round.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Hey, V, my character sheet notes I'm at a -2 ability score for Dex because of poison. I assume that should be removed now, but wanted to doublecheck.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Did Blacklock know anything about the contents of the note?