Chatter - The House

This is the OOC forum for the Fallen Empires game in the Age of Ice realm.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chatter - The House

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:58 am

So, shall we just pay someone to do the necessary work?

V, I have to say I honestly can't get that interested in this part of the game. I play RPGs to get away from the humdrum parts of everyday life, like paying bills and rent, not to get a chance to do them while pretending to be an elf. :D Maybe the others feel similarly and that's why no one's really active in this thread?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:02 pm

No big deal, I'm trying to help invest you into the town even more by having a house/HQ that you build up, and invest into, making you real members of the community, and not just adventurers passing through.

I'm totally fine with you guys just wanting to spend gold on the place and not personal work. Like I said in te first post.

"For 1500 GP you can get the place completely fixed up, done in a nice style with a workshop for Torias in the basement. It will take 21 days to complete, and offers the +2 Dip/Int to those impressed with wealth, and would work as a +2 for craft skills as well."

On the sheet I've tweaked things a bit. Since you just dont' have enough coin yet. You'll see House Repairs and then the Furnishings, and extras.

It takes 21 Days to fix the place up. You've had 8 day so far of it. It should be finished around the 29th assuming all goes well and you get more funds to pay the workers.

During the down time if people want to put their backs into it you can shave off gold from the cost.

Any crafting or profession skill that might work is viable, plus if you have creative use of magic spells, etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Yeah, I like having a house in the town--that does make me feel invested in the community. But I think I can do that without worrying about building and living expenses.