Pathfinder 2E

This is the OOC forum for the Fallen Empires game in the Age of Ice realm.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Pathfinder 2E

Post by Muskrat » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:08 am

I don't know if the rest of you have seen this, but Paizo has announced a second edition for Pathfinder. The announcement and information on the playtest is here and the FAQ here. It sounds like they're borrowing liberally from D&D 5E, which in my mind is a good thing.

Unfortunately, while for some reason they're adding the Alchemist class (and goblins) to the core rules, the Summoner will be left out. Which means it would be a while before we could convert unless we wanted to screw over Trogdor/ Celevan. Of course, given the playtest doesn't start till August, it will be a while before the rules are out anyway.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Pathfinder 2E

Post by Trogdor » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:13 pm

I don't know that there's much of a move to quickly convert over to 2E when it comes out. Conversion can be a big pain. I think it's entirely possible that some new games will start using 2E Pathfinder. But I'd be surprised to see many games convert over.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Pathfinder 2E

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:01 pm

I currently don't plan to convert any of my games, they are all well into their lifespans and I personally really like PF 1st Ed, so there isn't much need. I know the system so well its easy for me to run so many games.

Perhaps eventually we'll see some 2nd Ed games starting up, but don't expect me to convert my current games. Then again I might see it and it will so mindblowingly amazing I'll have to ;)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Pathfinder 2E

Post by Grimbold » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:11 pm

Just setting up the first playtest game!